Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Geico Commercial Page!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 27>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 6:06pm
So the socks chick sees herself losing weight with each sock recovery.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 1:58pm
How does an insurance company turn into some sort of entertainment company?  75 years of screwing people over! 

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 2:42pm
¡¡¡CRISTO DE HUSOOS USAR UN ANDADOR!!!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 3:46pm
There's another new Geico commercial out...BIG SURPRISE, RIGHT?
The one I was looking for, 'Big Head', I can't seem to find it anywhere. So, I stumbled on this one that might only be shown on YouTube.  Either way, it's still stupid!

NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 3:52am
The gecko is becoming more and more dickish. Scalding hot marshmallow on the dude's face, hanging the dude out for not knowing his email address.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 5:35am
Those people should have impaled the gecko on a stick and roasted him over the fire.  Better yet, marshmallow burnt dude should sue GEICO for million$ in a personal injury lawsuit...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:49am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Freaking crying out loud! As I try to wind down and get ready to eat something. Here comes another brainstorm (demented) from Geico!  STFU!  I can't wait until 'credit card services' calls me.  One last expression of anger to help me sleep.

WinkThis is really a good hook - can anyone find out what the Gecko's name is?Big smile

We, at CIH, could actually come up with a name for him and present it to GEICO, given FA buys in. We HATE the commercials, but we need to put a name to the hate...

(source: Google, but the Martin agency claims 'Martin' is NOT his name)
So for now, he remains nameless. On the other hand, AB Newswire[3] claims that his name is “Martin”, taken from the name of the agency that created him: A concept to use a gecko in commercials was born at GEICO's ad agency, the Martin Agency, and he was named Martin after the agency.Sep 4, 2018

...and I guess the below means his name is not 'Jake', either,...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 12:50am

How does an insurance company turn into some sort of entertainment company?  75 years of screwing people over! 

Government Employees Insurance Company 'GEICO' was the 'holy grail' of insurance being only available to federal government employees and military. When they went public in 1974 they became just another cheating insurance company. They have been screwing people for 45 years which is much less than 75 years.Wink 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
TV Watcher #1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV Watcher #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 2:13am
I need his Fuckin' name to add to my list!!!!!!

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 4:47pm
Well, at the beginning it used to be Kelsey Grammer. They were amusing. The Gecko ads were still mostly amusing under the new v/o - now it seems like they too are trying to taint themselves to new lows.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 4:14pm
I looked back a page or two...I didn't see any of the 'Motorcycle' commercials!  Angry

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 11:31pm
These motorcycle clods... all driving on the same exact road, with the same exact song playing... Ermm I just don't get some people and their fascination with motorcycles. They're noisy, they sit there for 20 minutes going VROOM VROOM in the driveway, right next to my paper-thin wall.  Am I the only one who wishes they'd all wipe out? Evil Smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 2:40pm
I can't believe they scooped this POS out of the septic tank!  Must be a Halloweenie thing!  Angry

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 7:30pm
Oh nonononono....thank goodness I use State Farm. I can't stand 95% of GEICO's TV ads and nearly 100% of their radio ads. They all suck. They are mindless for the mindless. 
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 5:17pm
Are you ready for a tsunami of Halloween commercials?  I'm thinking about sending my Cologuard sample to Geico corporate headquarters.  Evil Smile

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 5:38pm
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 2:09pm
Saw "Casper the Friendly Ghost" last night.

They are doing a pile of Halloween themed ads and calling it "GEICO-ween"
Confused

TV Watcher #1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV Watcher #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 3:01am
Good intel T.N.I.P. but I'd bet my left genital part that we'll be seeing these "ween" commercials until the new year!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 8:32am
Why, Casper, why?! First it was Dora the Explorer, now Casper the Friendly Ghost. Ugh stop with putting children's characters into your friggin insurance ads GEICO! Pound sand! Dead
drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 5:51am
I didn't see this ad posted, but I admit I didn't check thoroughly and I am Johnny come lately -  

How F'n disturbing is this ad??   Are these two guys gay birds living together ?  Or are they just hanging out at one of their moms house ?  the black guy  nurse ( ?? ) with the "best mom"  coffee cup is just very weird and awkward.....My question to Geico - if I have to spend time wondering if these two are lovers or friends, and one is a burn out or just dumb as rocks - how am I supposed to think your insurance is something I should have ??   TERRIBLE NON- AMUSING CRAP !    Stick with the camel, at least that was funny !  Angry

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 6:34am
I had to deal with the Horror Movie (It's What You Do) commercial during the Huskies/Stanford game last night on ESPN. Sooooo stupid. At about 10 seconds in I realized it was a GEICO ad because the theme was so random. And then the voiceover came on saying '15 percent or more'...
I'm sick to death of every one of these GEICO ads. Start talking about the insurance and we'll talk. Otherwise I'll never be a customer.
drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 6:43am

I can't believe they scooped this POS out of the septic tank!  Must be a Halloweenie thing!  Angry

I think the popularity of "Stranger things" on Netflix helps resurrecting these kind of ads, or using this theme in new ones...( I know it's Halloween time but I still think agencies jump on band wagons )
RainyLake218 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainyLake218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 3:47am
I often wonder where they find the 'talent' for insurance ads & drug commercials. Are these F-list actors in Los Angeles who keep trying for that big 'break' and upon discovering it's not gonna happen, they show up for every commercial casting call?  I can't image these people make a lot of money by appearing in a drug or insurance ad. 
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 8:00am
Hey, there has to be a stipend involved in these horrible commercials! People out looking for any job to do, they stumble across a commercial casting call...'OK, let's go do this!'
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 3:20pm
Sorry folks, hate me if you must, but the more I see that horror movie ad, the more I like it.

I like how it pokes fun at the stupid slasher flick genre and nails the terrible writing in them so accurately.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 27>
  Share Topic