Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Geico Commercial Page!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 27>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Yes, that Pet Possum commercial is from 10 or 15 years ago. It's one of the choices for 'The Best of Geico.' Personally (and I WON'T be voting, thank you very much), I'll take the Squirrels because that's the oldest choice they give you. I also don't mind the Caveman in the Airport. 
Others that I wish they had: Don LaFontaine (the real 'voice actor' ad from around 2006), the Mrs. Butterworth ad from the same time, and their oldest commercials (duck that says 'smaller bill,' the mayonnaise ad, goof who pours lighter fluid on his BBQ, the car shaped as a constellation of stars, and the first Gecko ad with Kelsey Grammer as the voiceover.)

Don La Fontatine is in announcer heaven. He passed several years ago. He was the voice of many movies and TV shows back in the day. Speaking of blasts from the past the Geico commercial with the squealing wee wee piggy is back. Saw El Porky commercial, him in the back seat riding in a Y2K era Ford Explorer with a tired looking MILF as Chauffeur. This Milf was dressed down and made to look like she had a rough night before toting Wee Wee Piggy hither and yon. Always liked that commercial, Geico should use it before You Tube videos of Deliverance.
I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 10:12pm

Yes, that Pet Possum commercial is from 10 or 15 years ago. It's one of the choices for 'The Best of Geico.' Personally (and I WON'T be voting, thank you very much), I'll take the Squirrels because that's the oldest choice they give you. I also don't mind the Caveman in the Airport. 
Others that I wish they had: Don LaFontaine (the real 'voice actor' ad from around 2006), the Mrs. Butterworth ad from the same time, and their oldest commercials (duck that says 'smaller bill,' the mayonnaise ad, goof who pours lighter fluid on his BBQ, the car shaped as a constellation of stars, and the first Gecko ad with Kelsey Grammer as the voiceover.)
I did vote because some of their original ads were REALLY good, including your 'Caveman in the Airport' (2006), which sent me on a total OCD-frenzied binge to find the actual background music, which I DID find...and still love to listen to, especially early in the morning as I kick off another day...and now zippyjet has me thinking about finding out if Mayhem's background music is more than something from some jingle-maker...no luck yet, there - but I've only started...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 11:09pm
I'm starting to see more and more posts on various websites that say, "I'm skeptical of how much they can really save you considering they make a new commercial every 10 minutes." Looks like some people are finally starting to wake up.

I can only see this appealing to teenagers. "Mom! Dad! Geico is so funny! We need their insurance now!!!!!"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 11:24pm
^^^Their commercial budget is probably NOTHING - pennies in the bucket - compared to their yearly operational budgets go - their regional centers are HUGE and there are a number of them. This tells me their fingers are all over the place and the sheer volume of their customer base pays for all of it. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 3:39am
Keeerist..the MASSAGE CHAIRS one is awful
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 11:34am
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Don La Fontatine is in announcer heaven. He passed several years ago. He was the voice of many movies and TV shows back in the day. Speaking of blasts from the past the Geico commercial with the squealing wee wee piggy is back. Saw El Porky commercial, him in the back seat riding in a Y2K era Ford Explorer with a tired looking MILF as Chauffeur. This Milf was dressed down and made to look like she had a rough night before toting Wee Wee Piggy hither and yon. Always liked that commercial, Geico should use it before You Tube videos of Deliverance.
I heard it yesterday.  I was in the other room, so I missed actually seeing it.  Hearing it was enough.  Actually, hearing it was too much.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 9:07pm
It looks like to me that Geico is trying to tighten their advertising budget, hence the fake contest to vote for your favorite old Geico ad.  Now they will just start playing the old ones over again, claiming that's what the "fans" want.  Ermm
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 6:48pm
Well, apparently the votes go into a drawing where the winner gets to be in a future Geico commercial. Maybe it will be their LAST commercial.
I had to mute the Wednesday Camel again last night. I can't believe so many people liked that stupid commercial.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 5:23pm
The people at Geico are a bunch of arrogant asswipes!  Sell insurance? Seems to me like you waste your policy holders premiums on idiotic commercials!  

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:44pm
I would not waste my time voting for an old commercial, I doubt they even consider what the public has to say. Again!  WTF is it that you are trying to sell here? I have to go to full screen comment.....AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:49pm
Instead of calling them Geico, I will now call them Psycho. Clap
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 6:12pm
DID I EVER MENTION HOW MUCH I HATE GEICO!!!!  

AngryAngry

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 1:19am
The one with the Caveman on the airport moving sidewalk wouldn't be too bad but for that awful song which was a hit by some German or Swedish group. I believe the late Kasey Casem talked up the song on an American Top 40. Bet, he was thinking WTF? The wee wee porker being chauffeured by that tired spent MILF is still a hoot. Anything's better than the sawing Germans and especially snoring Flight of The Bumble Bee codger old goat grandpa.
I approve this message.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 4:45am
Saw the piggy one a bunch of times the other day and the stupid and absolutely despised camel what day is today commercial.  I hate that damned f**king commercial.  It was overplayed and then everyone was walking around the office imitating it.  Sometimes people still do.  That sh*t was unfunny the day it came out, and it hasn't gotten any better with age.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 8:16pm
I muted Maxwell last night before the spokesperson could finish his 'did this little piggy cry wee wee?' lines. WHY IS THIS CONSIDERED THE BEST OF GEICO??!!!!! AngryOuch
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 7:10pm
Idiot couple. "If it's in the yard it's ... for sale."

That's not how yard sales work, morons. Ok, fine, I'll take $20,000 for it. 

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 6:26pm
I can definitely tolerate the Yard Sale Gecko. To think he had all of those tiny belongings in his tiny house...like a lizard-sized piano and ice hockey table! Garage sales are where a lot of my belongings have come from.
On the other hand, Maxwell, 'What Day is It' Camel, and the guy that makes 'soothing sounds' can suck it.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 5:55am
Is it just me or is GEICO running their 'best of' Collect Call ad the most, in the past few days? I've seen the cute Squirrels a few times, once or twice the Caveman in the Airport. Of course I also had to mute 'soothing sounds' last night. Puke. Angry
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 7:13am
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

and it hasn't gotten any better with age.

that can pretty much be said for all of this
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 4:37am
SOOOOOOOOO happy that I muted Maxwell last night long before he could squeal and scream. Once the suited spokesman starts doing his lines, it's muted...and stays muted.
Also saw the 'Spy' ad this afternoon, and of course I muted that too. Please, can the 'Best Of' voting be over already so I don't have to see these horrible commercials anymore?
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 12:46pm
I can't imagine anyone under 30 understanding what the collect call thing is about. 
mlnem4s View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlnem4s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 12:08am
Just when I thought I'd never hear a squealing pig commercial again, 2019 hits.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:35am
I'll be damned! Another new Geico commercial! Angry

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:40am
¡¡¡HUSOOS CRISTO EN UNA NORIA!!! AngryDeadAngry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 27>
  Share Topic