Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Grammarly"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Grammarly"
    Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 1:54pm
So this young millennial is appointed the new director of social media at the company in this commercial and it seems that she has no sense of grammar or spelling!!  BUT.....she has this program called "Grammarly" that corrects her "mistakes" (I call it ignorance) and ends the commercial by telling her boss she's had a great day.  Awesome!  That's exactly how I'm sure companies operate today....hiring people that don't have the skills, but hoping for the best.  I'd have a great day too if I didn't have to actually do my job.

The dumbing down of America.  Disapprove
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 8:38pm

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 2:27am
Stupid product.
But then, when 30% of "Americans" can only speak spanish, maybe there's a chasm for this?

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 5:30am
One wonders if the ad writers were hittin' a few "gram Marley" themselves...  LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 11:05pm
Per Wikipedia, the founders of Grammarly are Alex Shevchenko and Max Lytvyn.  I wonder if Grammarly corrects misspellings of those names.

Hah!  Right now, spellcheck has Grammarly and Lytvyn underlined in red.  How the hell did it know that Shevchenko was spelled correctly?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Number6 Number6 wrote:

So this young millennial is appointed the new director of social media at the company in this commercial and it seems that she has no sense of grammar or spelling!!  BUT.....she has this program called "Grammarly" that corrects her "mistakes" (I call it ignorance) and ends the commercial by telling her boss she's had a great day.  Awesome! 

That's exactly how I'm sure companies operate today....hiring people that don't have the skills, but hoping for the best.  I'd have a great day too if I didn't have to actually do my job.

She got the job because she puts out for the boss.
Crumb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 8:15pm
I fu**ing hate Lilly and all the other no-talent ass clowns who sit in that juvenille office with her.  The advert make her look as thick as two short planks and I don't know why anyone would give her a job in the first place is she can't even spell...!

....we're doomed!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 5:34am
Quote Hah!  Right now, spellcheck has Grammarly and Lytvyn underlined in red.  How the hell did it know that Shevchenko was spelled correctly?

The answer is in the news right now: Spellcheck has been infiltrated by RUSSIAN WEB BOTS.  LOL

You can test Grammarly with this easy question:
Which of the following statements is correct?
A)  The egg yolks is white
-or-
B)  The egg yolks are white
Wink
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 2:19am
Aside from lacking basic spelling and grammar skills, Lily just seems kind of dim.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 5:30am
SPOILER ALERT:

The answer to the above quiz is:

C)  Neither.  Egg yolks are yellow.

Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic