Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gwynnie Bee- Plus Size Clothing (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gwynnie Bee- Plus Size Clothing (video)
    Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 6:55pm
I've just started seeing this commercial, I could have sworn I heard 'Queenie Bee'.

Sponsored Links

athomas917 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athomas917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 2:36am
Oh yes, fat chicks and Netflix for clothes. Even the name oozes fat girl.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 7:19pm
I don't want to sound like a selfish pig who does not know that it takes every kind of people....

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 8:03am
More vocal fry!  Even the black chicks are doing it now!  Dead  Angry  
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 11:23am
I'm tired of hearing that damned ukulele music in commercials every time they want to convey cuteness or simplicity or whatever it is they're trying to convey.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by athomas917 athomas917 wrote:

Oh yes, fat chicks and Netflix for clothes. Even the name oozes fat girl.
LOL
Hate to be insensitive and crass, but that pretty much sums up my feelings, also.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:38am
They're putting Size 10 in with the Size 32s?  Do they realize that Size 10 is NOT Plus Size?  A normal woman's dress size is 8-10.  Even 12-14 isn't that big, depending on the way the sizing is done.  So many imported clothing sizes are ridiculously small because they are sizing for the native population, i.e., Asians in Asian countries are not that big.  Anyway, every manufacturer uses a different size chart.  The plus sized clothes for women are usually 1X, 2X, 3X, etc.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 11:28pm
If I need a circus tent, I'll shop in a sporting goods store.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 12:43am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

They're putting Size 10 in with the Size 32s?  Do they realize that Size 10 is NOT Plus Size?  A normal woman's dress size is 8-10.  Even 12-14 isn't that big, depending on the way the sizing is done.  So many imported clothing sizes are ridiculously small because they are sizing for the native population, i.e., Asians in Asian countries are not that big.  Anyway, every manufacturer uses a different size chart. The plus sized clothes for women are usually 1X, 2X, 3X, etc.

Put a 4X in there and it sounds like the shirt sizes I buy in the big & tall man's dept.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 1:27am
Jimbo, so you're big and tall?  Thanks for the info.  Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 2:17am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Jimbo, so you're big and tall?  Thanks for the info.  Wink

Happy to oblige, ma'am!!!...

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 2:51am
Well now there...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 5:40pm
LOLLOL

I'll never look at Jimbo in the same way! Thumbs Up

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 6:35pm
Shame he died so young. Compilations from surgery. Had offers to play in the NFL but chose acting instead. Was a school teacher for awhile, too.

C'mon, man!
Cat Fud View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cat Fud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 5:09pm
I was going to say something about the big blond gal "rocking the boardroom", but decided that would be mean.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Cat Fud Cat Fud wrote:

I was going to say something about the big blond gal "rocking the boardroom", but decided that would be mean.

Not around here it wouldn't.

And it's always great when you can say something without saying it.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 6:05pm
Plus size people need lovin too!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic