Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Peloton:  Commercials designed to piss people off
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peloton: Commercials designed to piss people off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MixPickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peloton: Commercials designed to piss people off
    Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 10:59pm
Even the name of the product is arrogant, if not misguided. A product for Yuppie DINCs who have just shy of $3K to drop. Tablet on bike locked in to streaming Peloton classes; no other media. Announcer is effing annoying; copy is effing annoying. Woman in commercial is model Jildou de Jong and has no kids; commercial shows two. Multi-million dollar home in the Hamptons.

Sponsored Links

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:45pm
And...there is NO FOOD on the table for breakfast...just some Halo mini-tangerines.   Mama is too busy in her self-indulgent "me time" to shop for food or cook breakfast for the little kiddies - and Dad is just sitting on his can doing nothing either  - he's equally repellant.   I hate this sweaty anorexic freak and her gelding spouse (who sleeps in his t-shirt) in their "perfect perfection".  Just - ewwww.  
CapeCat
stan319 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stan319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 12:27pm
I had a wife who was obsessed with being slim and cool. she had no personality at all. The marriage didn't last very long.
Guess where my brains were ?
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 7:39am
Yet more ads for this thing...

Imagine how much REAL bicycle you could buy for three THOUSAND dollars, and all the REAL places you could peddle it? Then, you wouldn't have to listen to the fake bike's coach "not going easy on you".
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:31pm
Here's the most recent commercial and a thread from last year.

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peloton Bicycle
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

And...there is NO FOOD on the table for breakfast...just some Halo mini-tangerines.   Mama is too busy in her self-indulgent "me time" to shop for food or cook breakfast for the little kiddies - and Dad is just sitting on his can doing nothing either  - he's equally repellant.   I hate this sweaty anorexic freak and her gelding spouse (who sleeps in his t-shirt) in their "perfect perfection".  Just - ewwww.  

To me, these kind of commercials are the worst.

The ones where they present these stereotypical, idealized versions of what they assume everyone wants to be. Little Miss Perfect Life Yuppie Fashion Model.

And they always seem to be women.

Guys are portrayed as stupid, befuddled morons and amiable dunces.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

To me, these kind of commercials are the worst.

The ones where they present these stereotypical, idealized versions of what they assume everyone wants to be. Little Miss Perfect Life Yuppie Fashion Model.

And they always seem to be women.

Guys are portrayed as stupid, befuddled morons and amiable dunces.

LOL

Ba bam!  Leggo my Eggo!

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Johnie Cochran:  "If you reserve it, you deserve it."
Years later, Johnnie would become one of America's best known defense attorneys.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 8:53pm
^LOL Wink

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cochran Law- Hernia Mesh

What a great late Christmas gift!!

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 5:32pm
One time long ago (say around 2002) I tried a stationary bike at a gym on Winsted Road called Nautilus. It was fun at first for a little while then got old fast!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
ILUVTOMH77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILUVTOMH77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 4:50pm

Lets face it, dad is getting his exercise else where.....Wink Wink Wink
Chevy commercials that feature annoying hipsters make me NOT want to ever buy a Chevy......
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 5:33pm
This ad is not meant to attract the attention of the common, work-a-day people that comprise the main part of the United States. This ad is meant for the extremely wealthy, 20-30 somethings who are so self-obsessed that their entire life is made up of "me-time". 
I detest these people.
One man gathers what another man spills
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

This ad is not meant to attract the attention of the common, work-a-day people that comprise the main part of the United States. This ad is meant for the extremely wealthy, 20-30 somethings who are so self-obsessed that their entire life is made up of "me-time". 
I detest these people.

The same folks that worship shows like Friends, PBS, NPR, Will and Grace, Wayfair, Hipsters, folks who would not think twice about getting poked, prodded and suctioned out. Even if they couldn't bathe for a week and be in pain. The ones who must have the latest anything by Apple and have a 24/7 continuous feed of Sex And The City. The ones who go to Costa Rica in search of the yellow bellied see through sperm froggy. And must be on the A list for the latest overpriced chi chi Buckwheat and Alphalfa Sprout nouveau food trend.

I approve this message.
msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:02pm
It looks like she spends every waking moment on that thing.  Only taking a break to hydrate.  She spends so much time on her Peloton that her kid tries to do the same thing on her tricycle.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 6:43pm
^LOL

Poor little girl! C'mon mom, how about some freaking breakfast!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 8:45pm
Sorry, kid.  I'm too busy trying to achieve my personal best to bother with you.  Don't you want Mommy to be all she can be?

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Sorry, kid.  I'm too busy trying to achieve my personal best to bother with you.  Don't you want Mommy to be all she can be?

Sorry kid. I wanna be buff have 7% body fat. I'm working on this billionaire who likes trophy wives and a young skinny hard body that gives off that girl sweat smell. By investing time on the Pelatin, my monthly visitor will flow like the super red tide. Harvey, that's the name of the daddy warbucks billionaire gives more money when my high arched feet smell like munster cheese on a hot day and when that hole I pee from smells like the natural foods fish market in July!
I approve this message.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:00am
You can buy like a million tricycles for the cost of one Peloton!
And probably send each rider, eventually, to college.  Tongue

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

But, they don't get buff momma milf the hard body she needs to assume the position....ass up, legs spread or turbo doggy style position to accept entry by daddy Warbucks (Harvey Weinstein and rich pervo friends)
I approve this message.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 2:40am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

But, they don't get buff momma milf the hard body she needs to assume the position....ass up, legs spread or turbo doggy style position to accept entry by daddy Warbucks (Harvey Weinstein and rich pervo friends)

Paw.... Somebody hijacked your user CIH login.  Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 3:30am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

The same folks that worship shows like Friends, PBS, NPR, Will and Grace, Wayfair, Hipsters, folks who would not think twice about getting poked, prodded and suctioned out. Even if they couldn't bathe for a week and be in pain. The ones who must have the latest anything by Apple and have a 24/7 continuous feed of Sex And The City. The ones who go to Costa Rica in search of the yellow bellied see through sperm froggy. And must be on the A list for the latest overpriced chi chi Buckwheat and Alphalfa Sprout nouveau food trend.

Well, ol' Thor was a fan of Friends, something I never understood, but I don't think he's a trendy, upscale, yuppie slave to fashion and fads.

And I watch PBS all the time, as does a friend of mine, and neither of us are any of those things either.

I get what you're saying, it's just a couple of your examples weren't spot on.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 10:35am
I think those are just tropes he throws out there.  "Hipster" is his most common one.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic