Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carfax Carfox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carfax Carfox
    Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 10:02pm
What the hell is it with this company's commercials? What's the purpose of the "Car Fox?" I get it. The company is Carfax. The "mascot" is CarFox (oh, I'm sorry, that's "Car Fox," with a space). And Car Fox demonstrates how their fantastic website works: "Show me all the cars that haven't been in an accident." Wonderful. No, I'm looking for a car that's been totaled, thank you.

This stupid Carfax/Carfox stupidity has been going on for years. Why? "CarFax" is a perfectly good brand name! It's like Buick using a commercial mascot like "Buck." Ladies and gentlemen, the "Buick Buck."

Bugs the hell out of me, in case you can't tell.
Sponsored Links

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 4:31am
Carfax / Car Fox?

Turns out that "CarFux" didn't poll well.
So, that explains it.

Welcome, BTW.  
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 3:11pm
Uhh Geico Gecko? thats about the closest precedent ..its dumb for either and a real stretch. Total lack of creativity on their part.
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Carfax / Car Fox?

Turns out that "CarFux" didn't poll well.

CarFix didn't poll well, either.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 5:29pm
I sure wouldn't buy a car from a fox
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 8:42pm
Good point, hadn't thought of the Geico idiocy. Yep, both suck.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 8:53pm
Millions of consumers rely on CARFAX Vehicle History Reports to help them
make better used car buying decisions.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 12:36am
Carfox, find me all beat up POS jalopies that have been totaled at least 3 times and are missing at least five vital parts.
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 3:40am
^^Clap

Car fox...find me...three quarters of a car.  So I can drive around on three wheels. 
CapeCat
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:05am
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

^^Clap

Car fox...find me...three quarters of a car.  So I can drive around on three wheels. 
WinkSave your money, time, and trouble, CC! You have all your buddies on CIH that will readily help you find that 3-wheeler made just for YOU!
Reliant Robin #9<<<---You too can own a Reliant Robin!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 5:21am

Carfox, please stand in the road so that wild driving Tina and Tara in the DriveTime kidnapping van can turn you into roadkill just before they flip it over into a rolling fireball...
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 5:23am
^ That's the ticket, PaW!!  Although it looks little bit...unstable.  I can think of someone who might appreciate that vehicle, can you?Wink

(I seem to recall an episode of Top Gear where that Robin car was shown rolling over a number of times.  But hey, what's the fun of motoring if you can't risk major bodily injury/death every time you turn the key?)
CapeCat
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:44pm

^ That's the ticket, PaW!!  Although it looks little bit...unstable.  I can think of someone who might appreciate that vehicle, can you?Wink

(I seem to recall an episode of Top Gear where that Robin car was shown rolling over a number of times.  But hey, what's the fun of motoring if you can't risk major bodily injury/death every time you turn the key?)
Big smileWinkEveryone must remember that lawyers have to eat and families to support, too!

Most 3-wheelers had the single wheel in the rear - except for the Robin
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 11:41pm
^LOLLOL I dunno, PaW...I don't think that a personal injury/death case would work out too well with that "car"...talk about "assumption of risk", just getting into that thing!  It looks like something that fell off a gimcrack, two-bit carnival ride.  

Imagine trying to get insurance for it.  I could see it being used in one of those awful scare-you-senseless drivers' ed movies...I can just hear the Serious Man Voiceover:  "Young, inexperienced -- and doomed!  Horror takes the wheel when young people go joyriding in jalopies!  DEATH rides with you,  when you ride with the Robin!" 
CapeCat
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 12:26am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^^Clap

WinkSave your money, time, and trouble, CC! You have all your buddies on CIH that will readily help you find that 3-wheeler made just for YOU!
Reliant Robin #9<<<---You too can own a Reliant Robin!

So let me get this straight...

If you total this baby, Liberty Mutual will only buy you three-quarters of three-quarters of a car?
I'm confused?  Confused
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 3:21pm
^ *snort*
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic