Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A&E : Leah Remini : Scientology and the Aftermath
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A&E : Leah Remini : Scientology and the Aftermath

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Have you watched any of this A&E Series?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [63.64%]
3 [27.27%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [9.09%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A&E : Leah Remini : Scientology and the Aftermath
    Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 4:47am
Quite informative, certainly dangerous for any participants - believe me, it scares me a bit to set up this poll.
Mike Rinder appears in any number of episodes, so I think this show may be an outlet for him, also.
Easy to get glued to the idiot box for this exposé and that isn't simply to watch Leah Remini.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 10:01am
I believe Scientology is a crock, and I like Leah. You go girl!!
A recent post that includes the promo...

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scientology Volunteer Ministers (video)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 2:22pm
I know nothing about Scientology and that's more than I want to know.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 11:18am
LRH wrote lousy science fiction, too!
Then he devolved, and created Scientology (or was that Dianetics?)
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 4:02am
I don't get A&E and was disappointed to have missed seeing the series.  I would have liked to have seen it as I am a Leah Remini fan and believe her.  So if I did get to see it, my vote would be the first choice.  Oh, and I love her on "King of Queens."
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 7:45pm
I didn't know she was on King of Queens!  I love her!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 11:28pm
^ Thanks for posting the video, aka ron!  You're a peach!  Yeah, KoQ is one of the comedies that I love watching the reruns of.
PitLoad413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitLoad413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 3:26am
I've watched a BBC documentary on Scientology and the HBO documentary on the same subject and I'm still freaked out by it.  People being harassed, threatened, reputations/livelihoods ruined, while the representatives were acting like bullies in a high school cafeteria.  I couldn't watch another documentary.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 1:51am

Knowledge is power and you BETTER know about Scientology, their dirty little ways, and how to spot it when it is close, because they are right in your back yard and you are not allowed to kill them.

A few years back, I experienced Scientology recruiting the general public right at Niagara Falls, immediately outside the park where they were free from police harassment. I was at a seriously stinky point of a long bike ride, so I decided to do my part and rode very, very slowly around their recruiters for a bit.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 2:27am
I voted Liked her better in KOQ (which I did) but only because there was no choice for I don't have cable so I don't get A&E.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:09am

During her A&E documentary, she got very honest with her appearance - more of a 'Daily Housework ("Do me doyDo Me after You have scrubbed the tub") & Go To Market' sans makeup-look (which I prefer with my herd)

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Ad Endless Nauseum Ad Endless Nauseum wrote:

LRH wrote lousy science fiction, too!
Then he devolved, and created Scientology (or was that Dianetics?)
Both.Angry I read "Battlefield Earth" and about half of the 10 volume "Mission Earth" series before I lost interest.Dead
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 8:37am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Knowledge is power and you BETTER know about Scientology, their dirty little ways, and how to spot it when it is close, because they are right in your back yard and you are not allowed to kill them.

A few years back, I experienced Scientology recruiting the general public right at Niagara Falls, immediately outside the park where they were free from police harassment. I was at a seriously stinky point of a long bike ride, so I decided to do my part and rode very, very slowly around their recruiters for a bit.

Gee Pa, I thought that was just their natural aroma!    Their world view certainly stinks.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 1:14pm
She seems really mean and nasty on this- I already hated Scientology and knew that they were evil and brutal. Now I know that *and* that I don't like Leah Remini either.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 5:00pm
How can you say that? I really like they way she stands up against what is so wrong. It may seem mean and nasty, but SOMEONE has to have a spine and stand up against those parasitic leeches. You can thank Leah now, DrJ - right here in this thread. You do that and I won't rip you for not showing your 'big boy' self
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 8:56pm
Leah has a lot of guts and gumption!  She's not mean and nasty.  She is suffering from the onslaught of she and her family leaving the CoS (Church being a tax-dodge ruse) and trying to live a normal life, while warning others of the dangers and truth behind the closed doors.  Meanwhile, Michele Miscavige has not been seen in public for 10 years, and a photo was released by David M. last year "proving" she is OK.  However, that's just an old photo of the family which proves nothing current.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:26pm
According to sitcomsonline.com A&E is the latest channel to announce they are cancelling all of theit scripted shoes and becoming yet ANOTHER "All Reality show network.Dead
Poiuyt Power!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

According to sitcomsonline.com A&E is the latest channel to announce they are cancelling all of theit scripted shoes and becoming yet ANOTHER "All Reality show network.Dead

Here's a better link

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 3:10am
My brother Steven was involved with that cult for over 25 years. He came to me for assistance when he wanted to leave Scientology. I knew some folks who live in a very distant area who agreed to welcome him to stay with them. He has been away from that cult for 15 years, and the cult members still contact me occasionally to ask where Steven is living. I tell them nothing. In fact, I tell them to go f**k themselves,and Tom Cruise as well!
I hate scientology, and I am 100% behind Leah and her stand against those crooked scammers. Scientology was invented by a lousy science fiction writer, and it should have been dismissed in the publishers room before it was ever printed.
One man gathers what another man spills
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 7:06pm

I have a cousin who fell into a western cult when she was young - her brothers snatched her and she went through some deprogramming. She never had anyone chase her down or ask about her whereabouts, as the CoS does. When comparing to your ordeal, I can't imagine your pain, Jimmy. Reading your comments did indeed send a cold shudder down my back. I hope those self-serving vindictive bastards never reach out against you and I applaud you for the way you handle them when they approach. And yes, like yourself, I back Ms. Remini 100%.

My cousin? She's now close to retirement and living easy with her husband and dogs. Her kids are grown and she is a respectable, if not slightly brutal republican. Talking about the 'cult days' is taboo and when family gets together, her husband staunchly monitors the first few hours of conversation to ensure nobody trips up the topic - he has done this for many years. He isn't so noticeable, but I did see it and approached him on it. I agree with him and his actions and I feel for any family that ends up dealing with CoS or any cult.  He does have reason to worry - my uncle on my father's side (HER father) became a tent preacher for years after retiring from factory work...he and my aunt will still wait for anyone to allow them to 'trip on Jesus', including her (her husband is fast and skillful at distracting and changing subjects), but never ME. They have always seemed to have some unnatural fear of me, as do many of the religious members of my family - they almost act as if they see something...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 3:50am
Well, season 2 starts next week. Looks like it will get even more intense than season 1.
Abuse
Child abuse
Sexual abuse
Lawsuits
...and more

People don't take on endeavors as she has done for fame or fortune.
I do admire her determination.
ILUVTOMH77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILUVTOMH77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 5:36pm
Our wonderful media conglomerates would play this stupid crap during cartoon time thinking us Gen X'ers would be running out to B Dalton to read this.  My siblings and I would laugh at the volcano and wonder what it had to do with this new "diet."  LOL LOL LOL LOL
Chevy commercials that feature annoying hipsters make me NOT want to ever buy a Chevy......
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic