Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual 'Quick and Easy' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 2:21am
I did a Google Image search of pier 44 waterfront garden.

Looks totally different from anything in the commercial plus the distance to the statue is way off.

And the angle is off too.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I did a Google Image search of pier 44 waterfront garden.

Looks totally different from anything in the commercial plus the distance to the statue is way off.

And the angle is off too.

Camera tricks.
If I get time later today, I'll paste it up for you.
Might not be the same commercial as whatever is the one is this tread, but I'm almost positive it's the one with the twit woman.

Oh wait, that doesn't narrow it down much does it...?  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Camera tricks.

If I get time later today, I'll paste it up for you.
Might not be the same commercial as whatever is the one is this tread, but I'm almost positive it's the one with the twit woman.

Oh wait, that doesn't narrow it down much does it...?  LOL

No, it really doesn't.

But I think we are in basic agreement that what we are seeing on the commercials, is not an accurate reflection of what really exists.

I'm guessing they wanted/needed to shoot the ads with the statue in the background, close up enough to see clearly and from the proper angle, facing the camera, but the physical layout of the harbor and surrounding land masses are not such that they could simply set up their equipment on the shore and just yell "Lights, camera, ACTION!!!".

So they probably either took a few pictures or short film/video clips from the proper vantage point, then shot the actors on a closed, indoor set in front of a blue screen. OR... as you suggested, they hired a barge to tow out to the perfect spot and, with a mock background for the actors to stand in front of, shot it from an artificial vantage point.

Either way.... camera tricks.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 4:07pm
I tried to find some facts, some thought they might be shot from a Ferry.
Maybe a CHARTER BOAT TO GET TO THE SAME LOCATION AND ANCHOR.
Others thought it was trick 'BLUE SCREEN' photography.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I tried to find some facts, some thought they might be shot from a Ferry.
Maybe a CHARTER BOAT TO GET TO THE SAME LOCATION AND ANCHOR.

Others thought it was trick 'BLUE SCREEN' photography.

A ferry or a barge.

I'm thinking a barge because it is a big, flat floating platform that has plenty of room to set up lights and cameras and sound equipment etc, as well as a mock up background for the actors to stand in front of.

I was thinking that maybe they just got a camera person to shoot some random footage from the right distance and angle, then did the rest inside a soundstage in Hollywood or somewhere in front of a blue screen.

Maybe they tried both methods.

One thing is certain, there is no land mass situated at the angle and distance from the statue as is depicted in the ads.

From the nearest land that is from the angle they show, the statue would look so small, it would be almost unrecognizable.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 5:51pm
I can't argue with anything you and Anduril are saying.

20mb image hosting

image upload no size limit

They could get that backdrop of the statue with a zoom lense from the shore...then add the foreground as they choose. Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic