Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apple iPhone Frankenstein Ad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h8ads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apple iPhone Frankenstein Ad
    Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 2:36am

Short-time lurker, first-time poster. Registered just to bitch about this ad.

So what have they been smoking in Cupertino, lately? Election results got em' down? Who comes up with this garbage? My family and I are enjoying turkey dinner, beers, and football, and Apple shoves THIS down our throats on our holiday? All of us were looking at one another on silence like... WTF? Why do they think the average, normal American will view this ad, and say: "Yeah... This speaks to me. I get it. Beautiful. I totally identify with this. Life's mysteries are now all clear to me now. I need an iPhone". Please.

And to top the marijuana-laced cake, it's over two minutes runtime! Keep on truckin', Apple.

Sponsored Links

Joe Minx View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Minx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 3:06am
This is some seriously tripped out ish. Why, Brad Garrett?
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 5:21am
I was going to post about this one earlier, but couldn't find it.  What a dumb commercial.

This is the time of year where we go from 5% of the commercials being holiday related to 80%, overnight.  They seem particularly awful this year.  Either that, or my tolerance for them is less this year.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 2:33pm
my reaction to this 'epic' is similar to the first post...head shaking and awe and how misdirected this horror/Xmas mash up is and I agree with the pot explanation..that or the current taste for all thing zombie & horror MAYBE has no place I  the Santa & elf zone
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Joe Minx Joe Minx wrote:

This is some seriously tripped out ish. Why, Brad Garrett?

They drove a dump truck full of money up to his house! He's not made of stone! 
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 5:45pm
SMH! I couldn't get the video to load...this is the link.
[TUBE]aFPcsYGriEs

Long brutally painful ad. I think I've said it before, I've been a long time Apple user, but their vision and "ingenuity" has completely gone to the crapper! If this ad is supposed to tug at my heartstrings, nope, not even close...it's a fail! 

If anyone wants a good laugh - or a WTF reaction, Apple released a picture book (450 photos) of their designs over the last 20 years.

Retail price...$199.99 for a the small book, $299.99 for the larger book. LOL
Are you freggin kidding me?

http://www.apple.com/newsroom/2016/11/designed-by-apple-in-california-chronicles-20-years-of-apple-design.html

catt_al View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catt_al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 11:55pm
Apple has gone from making commercials that were cooler and more interesting than everyone else to making commercials that everyone else would think are totally outdated.

Horrible, horrible commercial.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic