Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peloton Bicycle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DemonicMelodies View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonicMelodies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peloton Bicycle
    Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by DemonicMelodies DemonicMelodies wrote:

I too loathe this commercial..so smug. I feel this way about most if not all exercise equipment ads, including fit bit commercials.

Yes.  Smug.  That's the word for this commercial.  Superior, too.

Ya think so?

Because the word that keeps popping into my mind is "douchebag".

I think both work lol
People are dumb.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I too loathe this commercial..so smug. I feel this way about most if not all exercise equipment ads, including fit bit commercials.

Ya think so?

Because the word that keeps popping into my mind is "douchebag".

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Originally posted by A Millennial A Millennial wrote:

Nothing in this commercial is relate-able. I don't have a perfect body, nor the spacious living quarters, nor the money to afford that bike. I get the new years is coming and people want to get fit for their resolution.... also the whole "if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it" when i see this commercial.

No McMansion indoor gym and six-figure checking account? 
Not to worry...

Home Depot has the 3-pc. "Total Body Workout" package on sale now!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 9:08am
^  That sort of woman would never do actual labor.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Nothing in this commercial is relate-able. I don't have a perfect body, nor the spacious living quarters, nor the money to afford that bike. I get the new years is coming and people want to get fit for their resolution.... also the whole "if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it" when i see this commercial.

Not to worry...

LOLLOL
You're right, just simple everyday things can help keep you in shape.

What about pushups and situps, maybe a simple bar for pullups.
Some dumbells and what the hell else would you need?  It's crazy!

You wanna see your rival sweat?  Maybe remove a piece of clothing for motivational support. Evil Smile

Get one of these!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 7:49pm

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 12:21pm

Not to worry...

A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 4:46am
I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 3:18am
Gotta love the fact you can exercise with your online friends - watch each other sweat without the odor of success. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DemonicMelodies View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonicMelodies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 2:41am
People are dumb.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 6:40pm
^ $200,000 room? I don't know about that.
It looks pretty cold and frosty there, it would cost a lot of money to heat a room that is all glass like that. It reminds me of the Ferris Bueller  (room of the falling Ferrari).

arizonajoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arizonajoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 5:50pm
This commercial exudes narcissism. This bicycle is the very reason this divorcee gets up.
She pays homage to the "god" of physical fitness because (and I'm assuming) she got the house and the kids in family court and has to get her workout and shower before the kids get up and start throwing hard objects around that $200,000.00 picturesque room of triple pane furniture-grade wooden window walls. The elitism is nauseating.

So a commercial about an overpriced stationary bike leads me to focus on the "poor" executive ex-husband who funds this woman's lifestyle of spinning away the calories of her bonbons and the Peloton he paid for via spousal support, not to mention child support.
And the guy pictured at the table is probably her new boytoy nibbling on the Pop tarts
he fed her kids.
UpNorthBob View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote UpNorthBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 2:13pm
And, of course, while she is self-indulging on her expensive toy, her obviously precocious rugrats have gotten themselves up and dressed, and have probably fixed mom her healthy breakfast, along with their own. Meanwhile, Dad is not seen, most likely because he left months ago for a normal woman.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 8:16pm
^THAT very thought crossed my mind, also - but it was simply too depressing to post.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 8:12pm
In most houses, exercise equipment like this is placed in the smallest bedroom, and usually ends up serving as a clothes hanger.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by galloglass galloglass wrote:

I loathe this commercial...the smug voice-over...no, this is not my multi-million dollar house, nor my model wife, nor anything in this video.

Agreed.

The weather looks nice enough that she SHOULD be abled to get her butt out and ride for real.

The smug atmosphere, here: If you cannot afford to put your Peloton in a room like this, then this commercial is not for you.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 6:24pm
My computer is having another meltdown, I have another window open that I can't get to close.

Bringing a Peloton Cycle bike home with you costs $1,995. It's your bike to keep. You will, however, need to pay a $39 per month subscription fee to continue taking spin classes over the HD screen. That $39 per month subscription fee includes unlimited streaming rides, both live and on-demand.
galloglass View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote galloglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 1:57am
I loathe this commercial...the smug voice-over...no, this is not my multi-million dollar house, nor my model wife, nor anything in this video.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic