Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I may boycott Chick-fil-A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I may boycott Chick-fil-A
    Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

Yep, I am 100% female human being (thought I'd clarify the species too lol)
ConfusedDisapprove I'm not so sure we're allowed to believe you unless you post a pic of your Southern Virginia.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 2:00pm
I see, you are probably pretty tired.

I hope all is well with your mom and sister.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Do you not feel well? Are you just restless?

Bed bugs? (I'm kidding) Wink

No, I've been at my mom's house for the past three days, sleeping on a cramped sofa that's a good foot or more shorter than I am.

Been waking up early every day.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

^ Jimbo is up early today.

Awwwwwwww.... you noticed!!!!

Do you not feel well? Are you just restless?

Bed bugs? (I'm kidding) Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:48am

Awwwwwwww.... you noticed!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Cranedy Pouth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:33am
Kelly is a gender bender name like Taylor,Jordan, Alex, Sandy and Sam. So Jimbo was right in saying "sir/madam". Now a name like Alicia would have had no excuse.
Using nuclear weapons on problem people is not the answer, you psychopath!

Also, Keith Richards is a damn cockroach outliving everybody! LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:53am

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:43am
Peeeeeeeee.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 9:13am
Nowadays, we are the gender we feel we are. 

Seeeeee???

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 3:41am

Good thing you did because... around here it's not always a given.

C'mon, man!
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 1:45am
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 1:35am
Too much effort involved.

Why don't you just tell us...

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:35am
Her profile will give you the answer.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 9:50pm

C'mon, Jimbo. No mystery here, of course Kelly is female.

Jimbo, is a funny dude. My younger sister's, youngest daughter is named Kelly.

Not necessarily.

I went to jr high and high school with a kid named Kelly.

Besides, I don't like being presumptuous.

No offense intended Kelly!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Jimbo - your story was hilarious! Hil-Lar-Ious! The descriptive narrative had me in stitches, like I was right there watching the whole scene unfolding - nice one sir!

Thank you kind ma'am or sir as the case may be!!!

You are too kind!!!

C'mon, Jimbo. No mystery here, of course Kelly is female.

Jimbo, is a funny dude. My younger sister's, youngest daughter is named Kelly.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 1:08pm

Jimbo - your story was hilarious! Hil-Lar-Ious! The descriptive narrative had me in stitches, like I was right there watching the whole scene unfolding - nice one sir!

Thank you kind ma'am or sir as the case may be!!!

You are too kind!!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 8:46am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^^^You wouldn't boycott because you wouldn't really care, o'supporter of Chinese child slave labor and rapist of the small town U.S. way of life.

I love Chinese child slave labor!  Thumbs Up

Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 5:50am
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 11:17pm
^^^You wouldn't boycott because you wouldn't really care, o'supporter of Chinese child slave labor and rapist of the small town U.S. way of life.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by slhanks4 slhanks4 wrote:

As a general rule, I will not patronize businesses whose politics I don't agree with. All businesses have their own politics, many do not wave them in public - and that's fine. But when you make public statements based (especially) on religion, you lose my patronage.

I will not go to Chick Fil A. My wife loves their food. If she wants CFA, I go to the In n Out Burger in the same parking lot and she gets her CFA chikin sammich.

They didn't exactly wave their politics or religion.  They had their particular politics/religious beliefs, and the media found out/reported on it.  Chick-fil-A was then forced to comment.

Just today, Kellogg's "waved" their politics, and announced they were pulling ads from the alt-right website Breitbart.  I don't really care.  Maybe I'll boycott, maybe I won't.  Depends how much I'm craving their delicious Chips Deluxe.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by slhanks4 slhanks4 wrote:

As a general rule, I will not patronize businesses whose politics I don't agree with. All businesses have their own politics, many do not wave them in public - and that's fine. But when you make public statements based (especially) on religion, you lose my patronage.

I will not go to Chick Fil A. My wife loves their food. If she wants CFA, I go to the In n Out Burger in the same parking lot and she gets her CFA chikin sammich.
WinkWelcome aboard and well-said.
I have to agree with your wife, though - we are buying the product. not supporting their unrelated political, or religious, views. In other words, kudos to you for your conviction and strength! Those Chick Fil A sammies suuuuuure are hard to resist! *I* can't pass them up. I also know one person boycotting an establishment will bring some attention to that person and POSSIBLY educate others on their reasoning. but chances are really good that the overall target impact will be minimal.
Then again, I DO understand you as  I refuse to drive a Volkswagen and I won't shop at Walmart.
slhanks4 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slhanks4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 4:33pm

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 4:18am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

-regularly eats mayonnaise with hot dogs-

Well, you're British, so we sort of expect that kind of behavior from you people...  LOL
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 9:44pm

At my last job in Indiana, I lived only 5 minutes from work.
Some cheese dogs and chips was a good, fast lunch.

Did those dogs come with paddles?
You know, to re-start your heart afterwards?  Confused

I'm struggling to think of anything less healthy for you than these.
I mean, they gotta be in the bottom 5%, right?

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 9:37pm
Again... since I am a ketchupholic, there's some Hot Dogs I won't have ketchup on...

Chicago-It has tomatoes. Tomatoes is the start of ketchup, I even have Sandwiches with tomatoes instead of ketchup.

Detroit-Coney Island Dogs have Chili and Chili sauce has tomatoes in it. Tomato Paste, but still...

New York-They have an onion-tomato sauce which it can be tomato paste or ketchup. I'll make that one day...with tomato paste first.

Phoenix-That has everything but the kitchen sink! And yes...it has ketchup and mayo!

Washington-Similar to the Detroit Dog.

South-They LOVE coleslaw on their dogs! Coleslaw he mayo and sometimes they'll add Chili to that dog with coleslaw!

Cleveland-It's a Polish Boy Kielbasa and that's a meal on a bun! Kielbasa in barbecue sauce, French fries, and coleslaw in a bun!

Brazilian-Similar to the Phoenix Dog...it even has shoestring potatoes on it!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic