Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IKEA 'Meet The Socialtons' (link)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IKEA 'Meet The Socialtons' (link)
    Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 8:27pm
This kind of sh*t makes me sick...it was only a few days ago that the CEO of IKEA was telling us how sorry he was about babies getting crushed by their cheap ass furniture.

Social media is out of control, I would like to kill this whole family.

Sponsored Links

raynjuls View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raynjuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 8:40pm
Thank you! I just saw this POS for the umpteenth time. If I hear the terms "broke the internet" or "more followers" one more time, I may lose it.
When a true genius enters the world, you will know him by this sign; all the dunces will be in confederacy against him....
cheesenado View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesenado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by raynjuls raynjuls wrote:

Thank you! I just saw this POS for the umpteenth time. If I hear the terms "broke the internet" or "more followers" one more time, I may lose it.

Is it possible to add "mind blown" to that list? Angry
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 12:59am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

This kind of sh*t makes me sick...it was only a few days ago that the CEO of IKEA was telling us how sorry he was about babies getting crushed by their cheap ass furniture.

Mom keeps having babies, but they all keep getting crushed to death by the Ikea furniture.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 5:38am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Mom keeps having babies, but they all keep getting crushed to death by the Ikea furniture.

She should read those Swedish IKEA labels more carefully;  A "Unge Olja Klämma" is NOT fancy baby furniture;  It's a "baby oil press"...  Shocked
LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 6:16am
DisapproveI long for the days when IKEA commercials were getting banned left and right.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 1:47pm

I am anything but an IKEA fan but I hope everyone realizes any brand chest of drawers or bookshelves not secured to wall studs can result in identical tragedies. I do recall seeing the warnings in manufacturer's instruction manuals for at least 2 decades but have never seen the furniture actually secured. Who is really at fault?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 2:23pm
It happened to me 50 years ago, Sarge. It depends on the weight of the stuff in the drawers, how many drawers you have open at once and how deep the dresser is.

I just read a story from Kokomo, IN. A three year old girl was killed and her father was devastated for not anchoring a flat screen TV to the wall. This type of thing happens all of the time.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 3:49pm

Parents are stupid, that's just it, plain & straight.

My most un-favorite story happened years back when a father sat his son on the counter above an open, but full dishwasher. The kid fell forward onto the silverware and was genuinely forked when he got skeward and ended up ready for the roasting pan, 'cause he was dead.

True story, but I forget when and where it happened.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

She should read those Swedish IKEA labels more carefully;  A "Unge Olja Klämma" is NOT fancy baby furniture;  It's a "baby oil press"...  Shocked
LOL
LOLLOL
That is sooo funny and so sick at the same time, that's why I like you, Mr T.
windycitykit View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windycitykit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 10:22pm
"Be sure to tag your mother because she needs more followers"

What planet are they living on again?
Would any father actually say that to his kids?

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 5:08am
OMG, did the IKEA people who wrote that commercial not know that "tag" has an entirely different slang connotation in America?  Shocked  (Hint:  It's not the graffiti painting meaning, although that would also be funny if they spray painted her... LOL )

"Go tag your mother, son."

(shakes up can of spray paint)  "Got it, dad."
msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 3:35pm
How about instead of taking pictures of dinner, sit down and eat it before it gets cold.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by windycitykit windycitykit wrote:

"Be sure to tag your mother because she needs more followers"

What planet are they living on again?
Would any father actually say that to his kids?

LOLLOL
His rump roast just broke the internet..."as it should". Nuff said!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 5:24pm
I saw this one a few minutes ago. J.C., WTF is this??
It reminds me of the Eggo commercial - family waiting for the waffle to finish toasting and babbling about posting it to Facebook, InstaSnapChatGram...some other crap social network. Except this one is 1000 times more obnoxious!

THIS is the sad brain dead vapid society we live in now.  Angry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 6:02pm
^ That was the video I was looking for...iSpot has the commercial labled wrong.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic