Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Navy w/Amy Schumer - Back to School

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Navy w/Amy Schumer - Back to School
    Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 3:27am
So, Old Navy has thrown their hat into the 2016 "back to school" ring. Not only does this ad feature Amy Schumer being her usual lame self, but look closely and you may recognize the bratty punk on the phone.

That's right! It's none other than our old enemy, Peter Pan, from one of last year's worst commercials from GEICO. Dead

Sponsored Links

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 4:55am
JUST about to post this, saw it during Kimmel just now.

Yes that is the Peter Pan dork from Geico and once again he comes off as this lil smug punk sh*t I deeply wish to punch in the face. Angry.

What's with "noy-ice" (nice) 

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 5:42pm
Oh, f--k off Old Navy! I absolutely hated Peter Pan/Geico, why do we need the brat back? I wish he would be in school now!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Oh, f--k off Old Navy! I absolutely hated Peter Pan/Geico, why do we need the brat back? I wish he would be in school now!

May I...?
I wish he would be in school prison juvie now!!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 6:06pm
I like Amy Schumer but I would still like to smack the crap out of that mouthy kid.  Angry
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 11:35pm
How does Schumer keep getting work? She's intensely unfunny.
Wjhopson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wjhopson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 11:58pm
I dont mind Amy Schumer, but those kids, particularly Peter Pan, acting like the "adult" is so out of touch. And cant the kid answer the phone like a normal human rather than holding it for the rest of 5th graders to join in on being dismissive.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 3:55am
i like schumer--pan kid can play this out maybe another 2 years before hes a weasel faced POST TEEN
theres many an annoying precocious brat that will take his place
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 10:18am

Schumer's cute.  Reminds me a bit of Lita Ford in her youth.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 1:43pm
I like just about anything Amy Schumer does. The woman is hilariously funny.

The Peter Pan kid already has a movie role under his belt. And though the character he plays in commercials is certainly obnoxious and hard to take, he might not be anything like that in R/L so I'll give him a pass until I see or hear otherwise. Can't blame him for making use of the look and voice he was given.

The commercial... not great but not bad either, IMO.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 4:00am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Couple of thoughts:
1.Old Navy is an overpticed hipster store that hangs past it's time like a festering hemmohroid.

2. Peter Pansy needs the income for his/her gender reassignment.
3. These suck but, I'll take this over:

4. Didn't know Old Navy sold big girl threads. Always thought Amy S. shopped at:along with Rebel Wilson.
5. Old Navy's target shoppers:
I approve this message.
EriSeguchi View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EriSeguchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 5:52am
I want to know what crawled up your butt and died. First off, I'm not a hipster, but I love Old Navy for their decently priced clothing. Their prices reflect the market. But I guess we can't all be a cheap butt like you. 

Secondly, this commercial is obnoxious. 
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 1:45pm
I apologize I struck a nerve. I stand behind my sense of humor and political incorrectness. Who said you are a hipster? Just like not every Pabst Blue Ribbon fan is a hipster, not all Old Navy shoppers are one. Always disliked Old Navy's commercials. Perception is a lot. It's hard for me to like or even respect a business that consistently has commercials I hate. Even Geico and Target have a few that I actually like and feel were creative. How do you know I'm cheap? And nothing crawled up my butt. 
I approve this message.
MathUser View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MathUser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 8:36pm
I hate how comedians are making people think it's cool to be politically incorrect. Like being racist is a positive trait.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by MathUser MathUser wrote:

I hate how comedians are making people think it's cool to be politically incorrect. Like being racist is a positive trait.

But it IS cool to be politically incorrect.

We need something to balance out all this smarmy, nauseating, SJW goody-two-shoesedness that seems to have society in its grip nowadays, so that we don't all become completely brainwashed, mindless robots walking around like blank-eyed zombies, apologizing to whoever the current offended, oppressed minority group happens to be on any given day.

And being politically incorrect does not = being racist.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
EriSeguchi View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EriSeguchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

I apologize I struck a nerve. I stand behind my sense of humor and political incorrectness. Who said you are a hipster? Just like not every Pabst Blue Ribbon fan is a hipster, not all Old Navy shoppers are one. Always disliked Old Navy's commercials. Perception is a lot. It's hard for me to like or even respect a business that consistently has commercials I hate. Even Geico and Target have a few that I actually like and feel were creative. How do you know I'm cheap? And nothing crawled up my butt. 

I shall live! 

I took it too seriously, I apologize for that. :)
MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 11:29pm
they need to make an official amy schumer muu muu. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by MathUser MathUser wrote:

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 3:35am
Originally posted by EriSeguchi EriSeguchi wrote:

Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

I shall live! 

I took it too seriously, I apologize for that. :)

No Worries!Big smile
I approve this message.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 3:11am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I like just about anything Amy Schumer does. The woman is hilariously funny.

The Peter Pan kid already has a movie role under his belt. And though the character he plays in commercials is certainly obnoxious and hard to take, he might not be anything like that in R/L so I'll give him a pass until I see or hear otherwise. Can't blame him for making use of the look and voice he was given.

The commercial... not great but not bad either, IMO.

He was in American Horror Story last year. He was exactly what we would expect. A jerk, douchey kid who was the reason matters were getting worse.
MathUser View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MathUser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 5:00pm
What are you talking about? There's plenty of rude people on the internet. Internet bullying is a problem that doesn't need to increase. If anything I'd like to see less of it. Anti-political correctness can die in a hole. You know who isn't politically correct? Donald trump.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 6:43pm
^You've never seen 'Inside Amy Schumer'?  I love her and I'd like to get some of that!

Can you believe that there are people here that actually prefer Trump to Hillary, now that's crazy!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 7:24pm
I don't know that I've ever seen anything Schumer that made me think she was the right fit for a kid's clothes commercial.

Or anything even remotely related to kids, for that matter, except for maybe the creation of.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

I don't know that I've ever seen anything Schumer that made me think she was the right fit for a kid's clothes commercial.

Or anything even remotely related to kids, for that matter, except for maybe the creation of.

Putting her in a commercial with kids is a classic use of what we "artsy types" call "juxtapositioning", which is essentially, the pairing of two polar opposite ideas, concepts, images, personalities etc, in order to accentuate the differences between one or both of them.

The idea of Amy Schumer being in charge of children would of course, be horrifying to the parents of those children, which I'm guessing, is what is supposed to give the commercial it's "edgy appeal" or something.

"Oh look honey... this Old Navy ad has that foul mouthed comedienne Amy Schumer of all people, in charge of small kids!!! What an awful thought!!! Let's go there and buy a bunch of stuff!!!"

C'mon, man!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 8:58pm
Then again, if I had kids, I might let her watch them.

Think about it.

I wouldn't have to worry about the inevitable "birds and bees" talk, unless it was to get some pointers from my kids.

My kids wouldn't grow up to be more PC than I could handle.

And I'm betting she'd be cool with MrsD getting in on any "babysitter action" that might happen.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic