Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can DQ Ads Get Any Worse? (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can DQ Ads Get Any Worse? (video)
    Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 8:25pm
I certainly hope not!AngryAngryAngry
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 8:32pm
^LOL
Can we all have a 'say what' moment, brothers and sisters?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 8:37pm
Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhh FK! Can't they use a different song PLEASE!? Today!? Just when you think they can't go any lower, they do this crap! Screw it! Ban this song from being ever used in a commercial, forever!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 8:48pm
I feel like I need to apologize for posting this abortion. Yes! I call it the "WHAT TF" ad.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 8:54pm
I actually kind of like the Boeing 737 at the drive up ad. It appeals to my weird and it's totally impossible side. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 8:55pm
"...with fudge, marshmallow or strawberry filling hidden inside".

How old are these people that they're so excited by this?  Five?

Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 9:26pm
And what the hell is 'Fan Food' anyway?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Tully Blanchard Tully Blanchard wrote:

And what the hell is 'Fan Food' anyway?

I don't know, food tied to fan blades, that you try to eat while it goes round and round?
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

"...with fudge, marshmallow or strawberry filling hidden inside".

How old are these people that they're so excited by this?  Five?

In many commercials the actors are over excited by the product except for the opposite artsy fartsy commercials where we end up having no idea what they are selling.Confused This commercial should certainly be in the running for worst of 2016. The theme for "2001 A Space Odyssey" like it or not is a classic and does not deserve to be used for this idiocy.Angry 
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 10:31pm
What...
What...
What...

*SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!* AngryAngryAngryAngry

Easily in the TOP 10 worst commercials of 2016. Absolute instant mute. DQ should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.
Remember when their slogan was "We Treat You Right"? Back in the 1980s/1990s, their commercials were informative. Not stupid. Not annoying. This new one makes me want to throw my TV out the window.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 5:22pm
Can DQ Ads Get Any Worse?
Yeah, they could hire Jeff Foxworthy like the Golden Corral POSs
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 8:32pm
I have one word for this commercial...

WHAT?

This is the WORST DQ commercial ever...

I now miss the "Rocky Horror"-ish DQ Lips!...
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

I have one word for this commercial...

WHAT?

This is the WORST DQ commercial ever...

I now miss the "Rocky Horror"-ish DQ Lips!...

Hate to say it, but, yep!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 8:19pm
I'm still seeing this literally 10 times a day. I turn it off the instant I see it. The f--kers!! If I wasn't in a Charter Spectrum area (like Yakima/Tri-Cities), this would be #1 or #2 on worst commercials of the year. But both of Charter's "rap song" ads have been high on the list anyways.
This doesn't influence me to go buy a Royal Blizzard. At all. Angry
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 9:16pm
What's the point of this ad anyway? To create the instinct, to pummel your head to oblivion, on a desk to escape the stupidity?
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 11:20pm
To me, over the years Dairy Queen has turned out some of the worst TV ads ever... EVER.

I've said this here before, and I'll say it again... DQ also stands for "disqualify," so I disqualify you, Dairy Queen. That is all. Thumbs Down
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 7:58pm
I don't understand this commercial. Why are they yelling/singing "WHAT"? What are they confused about? What question are they asking?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 8:07pm
It's best not to know and frankly, I haven't a clue what they're aiming for!
mrjim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 9:07am
This ad is super annoying.  I heard it at work today in the breakroom.  It reminded me of one of the reasons I no longer have any kind of TV subscription at home.  It's because of commercials like this.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 10:26pm
I KNEW this had to be posted already. My god, every commercial break last night on the USA channel watching an old rerun of CSI, this pile of total sh*t aired..and I do mean every commercial break.

So incredibly awful, annoying and just unnecessary, this easily could make the top 5 worse ads of 2016!

Between this and the latest Popeyes ads with the woman and the choir singing the damn jingle "Love that chicken from Popeyes" -  I got so damn ticked and turned off the TV and fell asleep.  

cheesenado View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesenado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I actually kind of like the Boeing 737 at the drive up ad. It appeals to my weird and it's totally impossible side. 

I actually like that one, too. I thought it was funny without being obnoxious.

The WHAAAAAAAAT ad reminds me of the WASSUUUUUUUUUP ads from 10 years ago...Angry

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 3:55am
Watch Animal Planet for a half an hour and this horrible commercial will air at least once. I don't get how DQ has the money to choke us with these horrible ads. WTF, go away DQ before I boycott your restaurants!! AngryAngryCensored
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 12:59pm
I love how DQ ads show up on my TV when the nearest DQ to me is clear across town! What the hell?:/
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 3:27pm
I still find 'Only Had A Brain' FAR more annoying--but the 'brotha' utilizing the 'Say What' JIVE is definitely covert racism
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 4:43pm
The U Of Phoenix "If I Only Had a Brain" is still charting at number 1 on my personal list of the worst ads of 2016. I don't think anything from now until Dec 31 can top that mess!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic