Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I hate this mommy gold/mom groove land o' frost ad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I hate this mommy gold/mom groove land o' frost ad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I hate this mommy gold/mom groove land o' frost ad
    Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 9:13pm
I know its been awhile since I've posted around here, but lately I've seen these commercials aired too much. (they're not even new, they're from a year ago or so).

I can't put my finger on what bugs me about them so much. But man, they bug me.

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Sponsored Links

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 4:26am
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

I know its been awhile since I've posted around here, but lately I've seen these commercials aired too much. (they're not even new, they're from a year ago or so).

Any chance growing up you were a latch-key kid, and/or mom just fed you PB&J to tide you over?
Maybe there's some latent resentment there since we didn't all have uber faux-18%-brine-injected-protein-frankenmeat addicted moms?

If mom's going to be put on a pedestal, the least she could do is feed her kids a real turkey!

(At least, that's what bugs me about these commercials.)
Well, that, and the actresses are terrible.  Probably their first gigs?

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Any chance growing up you were a latch-key kid, and/or mom just fed you PB&J to tide you over?
Maybe there's some latent resentment there since we didn't all have uber faux-18%-brine-injected-protein-frankenmeat addicted moms?

If mom's going to be put on a pedestal, the least she could do is feed her kids a real turkey!

You nailed it! The "actresses" are uber annoying but most hate worthy is the implication that LoF meat like substance is some kind of kiddie health food. I did a search and a nutrition site gave the turkey a D+ with lowest possible score being a D. Red flags were excessive nitrates and very heavily processed. This was the turkey! Which is probably their "healthiest" product. I roast and slice 2 fresh turkey breasts per year. It is not that difficult. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 7:57pm
I'd hit the one in the first commercial, she is sexy in a mommy kind of way. Evil Smile
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 8:53pm
"Land o' Frost" doesn't sound very good for a brand of food.  Kinda like "Skyflakes" crackers.

Kinda nucleary.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

You nailed it! The "actresses" are uber annoying but most hate worthy is the implication that LoF meat like substance is some kind of kiddie health food. I did a search and a nutrition site gave the turkey a D+ with lowest possible score being a D. Red flags were excessive nitrates and very heavily processed. This was the turkey! Which is probably their "healthiest" product. I roast and slice 2 fresh turkey breasts per year. It is not that difficult. 

Well, you guys covered pretty much everything I was gonna say re: the unhealthiness of the nitrates and the annoying dancing dipsh*t "mom's", so I guess I really don't have a comment other than....

Thank God they haven't started running those ads around here!!!!

Yet...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

"Land o' Frost" doesn't sound very good for a brand of food.

They sell it at Walmart.

I'm surprised it's not permanently ingrained into your memory from having hefted and schlepped it around by the case week in and week out by now.

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Kinda like "Skyflakes" crackers.

Kinda nucleary.

Sky Flakes + Land O' Frost = Nuclear winter.

Maybe they're trying to tell us something.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 10:21pm
I don't even know half the products I bring in.  I'm almost more likely to remember UPCs than I am the actual product.

But I don't bring in coldcuts.  That stuff comes from our distribution center.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Sky Flakes + Land O' Frost = Nuclear winter.

Maybe they're trying to tell us something.

Nothing Black Sabbath hasn't told us about before.

Seriously...these products sound like things I've heard in Black Sabbath songs, either about drugs or nuclear holocaust.

Let the winter sunshine on
Let me feel the frost of dawn
Build my dreams on flakes of snow
Soon I’ll feel the chilling glow

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 1:43pm

I don't know if its their first gig or not, but the dialogue is cringe-inducing. I always imagine that they filmed both commercials back to back, and when they did the 2nd one the director says "Ok, your lines are just a slightly reworded version of the first ad...but I need you to "black it up" a bit".

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic