Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ACE Hardware unfunny jingles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankcastle006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ACE Hardware unfunny jingles
    Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 2:58am
It seems ACE has a rash of commercials out, each altering their jingle at the end. None of them are funny.. Just a commercial trying to be either too clever or too funny or both but being neither.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 3:43am
Yeah, there's another thread about those, but you're right.

They are absolutely hideously annoying and stupid.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 3:09pm
These ads annoy the living hell out of me. NOTHING comical about it.
The one I saw this past week for Father's Day just went on and on....and on. I grumbled to myself "Shut the f up!" Angry

I still hear the old jingle in my head - before it became more "P.C." 
"Ace is the place with the helpful hardware man." 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 4:49pm
They think they re being cute, but who the hell wants a "cute" hardware store???

Hardware stores have traditionally been the milieu of macho guys. Men's men.

Big, hairy, smelly dudes with sweat stained armpits.

Exposed butt cracks and beer guts hanging over dirty work pants.

But apparently their focus group data tells them that Ace Hardware caters to a more upscale, college educated, white collar yuppie demographic, in which the women of the family, wives and daughters, have significant input into the hardware purchases.

So these are the people their new ad campaign is attempting to appeal to. And like anything that involves feminine input, you're going to get an end product that is all cute, pink and fuzzy.

Expect at some point in the future, to see the following marketing tie in....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 5:37pm

^  At least they have her picking out paint colors (pink, at that), rather than examining a 12' length of 2"x4" for bowing.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 6:05pm
If those color samples are really free, next time I need a small quantity of acrylic paint for some little craft project I'm working on, I think I'll just go down to Ace a get myself a couple of little cans for free.

Thanks, dumbasses!!!

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 6:16pm
<music.please>"Ace is the place with the helpful people I'll never meet!"
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

<music.please>"Ace is the place with the helpful people I'll never meet!"
My local Ace is co-joined with a regional drug store. I could not find the item I was looking for or an Ace employee to ask. That is quite normal. I went to a drug store cashier and she called someone on the Ace side who gave her directions to relay to me. Quite impressive. Not!!!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 7:05pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 8:31pm
"Ace is the place where they make hardware sound gay. (Not that there's anything wrong with thaaat....)".

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 8:47pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic