Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mr. Robot 2.0 (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mr. Robot 2.0 (video)
    Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 4:45am
Big smile 7.13.16
Very intelligent, well-done psychological thriller is coming back for second and much darker season.  
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 4:38pm
Cool...it's a techhie thingy, doncha know...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 5:11pm
Great show, love it!

Can't wait!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 6:10pm
I got excited when I saw 'Mr. Robot' on my program guide this morning, I thought they might be playing episodes from last year.  Not yet.

This is a behind the scenes look at the first season. Decoded

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 2:40am

In the story line, the 'one percent' are described.
How many folks sit and ask themselves if it is real or not?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 7:34pm
I am in TV heaven, although I have a new desk chair, not really new because it has been in the house for years. But it's new to me and it's throwing off my game.
It sits a couple of inches higher, the armrests are higher, it throws off my tacticle approach at the keyboard. And believe me, I already have trouble hitting the right keys. Confused

I am seeing Mr. Robot scenes that I missed last year, It's a great series as PaW has said.
I recommend it if you are feeling bored with what you are watching today.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 10:06pm
Great premier for season 2.
This sure does appear to be heading to 'much darker areas', but remains very, very realistic.
Anyone notice the man with the dog in the basketball court - the one who keeps trying to brefriend Elliot - is none other than the Walmart  Xmas piano guy, Craig Robinson? That sort of threw me, but he was just perfect for the character. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 10:16pm
LOL
I saw Craig Robinson's name in the credits, could it be? I thought.
It's a strange show but they are already on the list to win awards.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 8:52pm
This season is much darker and more intense than I ever expected, but I really like it - so many 'blanks' from last season get filled in as new ones are created. Every minute - every spoken word counts.
One very realistic and very serious matter being portrayed are even more of the anti-social and mentally-ill behaviors observable in many of today's youth that grew up in their own rooms, behind monitors, around technology, only evolving through social engineering and networking.  

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 10:18pm
By now, I'm sure some of last year's 'Mr. Robot' fans have fallen by the wayside.
This year is much different, and again, much uglier as questions get answered - and a lot have.
Amazingly enough, it is still running the very real stage (anyone notice the Dems got hacked again, today?).
I've even noticed that I do far less 'hands-on' these days - I am far too busy 'watching over others' shoulders' and assessing risk in the world of finance...almost feel like I work for Evil Corp, but no.
This last week's episode sat me right up - the 'Near-Death-Drug-Induced-Coma/Dream Sequence, starring Christian Slater and Alf' ('Mr Robot, the Sitcom') was, well...almost hard to watch. Especially because you just knew something was about to go horribly wrong, once awake (and it did).
Anybody remember Craig Robinson, the Walmart Xmas piano player? Well, he really blew that stereotype away. Another person some may not have recognized is B.D. Wong - the FBI psych guy from 'Law & Order:Special Victims' Unit'. He has actually been in multiple episodes (including last year - but I didn't realize it until this year).

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 1:03pm
I think I saw last week's episode...Craig's character started out as the friendly black stranger with a dog trying to make conversation with Elliot. Then, he is part of a group of guys that beat and kick the crap out of him.  I see USA is loaded up with Olympics coverage today, I may have to find it in On Demand.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 8:03pm

The kicker for me was finally recognizing B.D.Wong - I was beyond shocked; it was a true 'WTF?!' moment, especially when I realized the role he played LAST YEAR, and I never knew it (but I knew the character sure looked familiar). Now, a simple net search reveals all of this and 'nerd theory' explains the rest - but I do not read any of it as it spoils everything.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 8:44pm

It may be a good thing most folks cannot fathom how relevant and close to home the show 'Mr. Robot' is in regard to the economy and the manipulations that really occur. If you are one of the few who does understand and is terrified, you have every right to be - I applaud you.

To think I spent the early part of this week using little phrases such as 'improved cryptographics', like anybody knew what I was talking about...and no, nobody but nobody gets to hack PaW's toys.
This is not 'Star Trek', my chilluns...this is one view of 'The Real World' alive & kickin', today...
Image result for IBM z13 photo
ShockedHoly sh*t! I don't know how many 'Mr. Robot' fans we have out there, but anyone who watched the last few weeks may be suffering from mental twists and tweaks, along with the shock from the visual/sound effects and the anticipation of next week's season finale:
  • 'Reality'? People realized Elliot was in JAIL for a part of this season as we watched his mind
  • our favorite evil Walmart XMAS piano player, who played a very, very bad man. turned out to be the prison warden (did anyone other than me realize that as he closed the door in the backdrop of another scene)
  • B.D. Wong , the high-ranking Chinese official, who is also a world economy manipulator and ALSO the transvestite super computer hacker known as 'White Rose'.
    • Where have you seen him ? little Chinese American FBI psych analyst on Law & Order:SVU
  • The moto-assassin's very graphic suicide when the police rolled up: the shot in the helmet, the 'spillage' in the street...but - did Darlene or Cisco survive?
  • the new way of phasing in or out Mr Robot in 'electronic static' manner as we clearly understand Elliot's alternate personalities (nice, the way they do it, now).
  • ...and, last night's WTF?! episode which had me twisted. standing at the idiot box with jaw dropped as the episode ended. A total mental assault, a complete sentence was something I couldn't form until this A.M..

Next week is the season finale - I'm there!

The mantra: 'Mind awake / Body asleep' 

•  
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 7:55pm
I saw the replay today, talk about strange.

The blond (forgive me), either Darlene or Angela was being interviewed by a little girl.

Some very bizarre questions..."Have you ever cried while having sex?"

Elliott is following Mr. Robot...or is he becoming him?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 4:11am
The 'Little Girl Interview (actually 'White Rose's abduction and interview of Angela')' is downright SERIOUS psychodrama, but you gotta hang in there. The whole 'Angela Abduction and Interrogation' couldn't have been put together better by a team of David Lynch and Stanley Kubrick - it is sensational.  I love well-done psycho-drama, and this is some of the best, ever. In the end, I think it is clear 'White Rose's' target is to win over Angela's support.
I very much understand the character of 'Angela', too - she has no God, she gets back into corners and does what she has to do, unemotionally, but all along she has her own totally different agenda - and it ain't pretty at all. What gets me is that 'White Rose' doesn't understand it and is very intrigued. I think Angela will roll over to the other side, or end up dead, very shortly.
The whole series, you are watching Elliot's downward mental spiral, by being introduced to it from the outside, and then as you get dragged inside, things pick up pace as 'the toilet flushes', per se.
Elliot is one hell of a mess - welcome to the show.
Firstly, he IS and always has been 'Mr. Robot' (that really was the point of 'The Boardwalk Scene'). That's his father's influences on him and him escaping through blaming his dead father for his own forked-up life, and it is only getting worse (or better, depending upon how you look at it). *I* suspect we will see less and less of Mr. Robot driving Elliot as Elliot continues to realize (while taking us along) who ELLIOT really is and comes to accept himself for who he is and what he means to this big old goofy world.

You started as the invisible, observing friend ("Hello Friend...") on the outside, but were dragged inside and down without you even realizing it. You have become part of Elliot's world and all the events in the lives of his immediate family and friends, a bunch of other imperfect and otherwise socially-f**ked, misguided, and deranged youth of today, not to speak of some great examples of the sick bastards who created them, who formed them, with whom fSociety is at war. Now it should be clear he never was talking to you.

Never forget this is just a story that very closely parallels real life from the technical, political, and financial world-perspectives. In other words, if you get into this story too deep and forget it is a story, it is one that can change you - in my books, this is a Sam Esmail's masterpiece. One that take folks to the mental toilet bowl.
"PaW! Please provide an analogy or clear the air, please!!! Help us understand where you see this taking us all!"
Well, o.k.

PaWism #100: 'Weak at the toilet': You're peeing into an already-full, un-flushed toilet, but you're drunk, and while leaning over to flush, you fall in as you push the handle and go down with 'the crowd'. The moral to the story? Don't drink and flush - it may make you blush. You should pee outside.

The season finale will be a mind-bender, to say the least and I will be there.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 7:00pm
^I should probably review at least the full season from this year.
Very complicated, I'm sure there is some obvious stuff that I missed.
I do have distractions. Tongue
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 8:00pm
^WinkSOME things happened so fast that they are easily missed - such as the prison warden turning out to be the bad guy, 'Ray'.
Personally, I have gotten in the habit of 'holing up with NO interruption' for that one hour of the week.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 8:11pm
Anything I should know about before I bring the final episode up on Demand?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 8:34pm
WinkNope. Not spoiling anything.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 7:54pm
Only thing I will say is the end of S2 is a little further from reality in regard to eCorp's actions.

And 'Elliot' gets a little surprise, eh?LOL

Aaaaaaaaand...the two MIA's show up working for some Florida electronics chain - aaaaaand are up to something.

AAAaaaaaaaaaad...."I HOPE Elliot is O.K. - I LOVE him!"..."I do too..."LOLDead

As interested as I am in Season 3, this time I can wait. Season 2 was great, but Esmail taking over everything took away a LOT.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 8:55pm
They shot Elliot, I think the fag did it!

And the interview with the FBI agent went well...that's one tough bitch!
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 1:39am
Just finished all this up.  Definite Fight Club influence...particularly, to me, in Elliot's last scene in the warehouse...but there's nothing wrong with that.

Lot to think about.  I'm still just absorbing it all.  Great stuff.  Supposed to be coming back in October, right?
I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 1:57am
^^^
The first episode of the first season is the very best.
But NR? Just looking at your post, you're playing. 
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 2:24am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^^^
The first episode of the first season is the very best.
But NR? Just looking at your post, you're playing. 

Completely agreed about the first episode.  First season's the best of the two, seemed a lot more consistent.

Though I must ask...what am I playing? Smile
I have 168 characters remaining.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic