Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

...just pay a separate fee.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidT1767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...just pay a separate fee.
    Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 1:37am
Okay, here's another one that just gets me so mad.

How could something be free if you have to "...just pay a separate fee"????????  The latest fad, just started noticing this phrase being used quite a bit in the past few months.

And the old "Order now and we'll Double the Amount" line of BS.....  Truth be told, all the items in those ads/infomercials are already packaged together.  Order today and we'll double the offer.  Well, guess what, there is already two bottles of Miracle Juice, two applicators, two pair of gloves and two whatever else in the packaging.

Oh and, don't forget "Order now, and we'll knock off one payment of $39.95"  So you only make 4 payment of $39.95.   Wow, raise the price and then discount it, such a deal!!!!!

Risk free, just send it back and we'll refund your entire purchase price (except shipping and handling)  Another crock, Handling?  What the heck is that?  I'll tell you what it is, in a lot of cases, it is the complete cost of goods.  Those companies pay for the product with shipping and handling, all the rest is profit.  

Ah, that felt good.....  thanks for letting me vent.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 2:23am
Know exactly what you mean.

Hell, that attempt to suck more money out of me is the main reason why I won't buy some of that stuff. I'm fairly confident that even if I declined the offer of the "free" item, they'd send it and slap it on my bill anyway.

That whole "processing" fee is such an obvious scam. What processing??? It's entered into a computer system and a shipping label is printed out in the warehouse. Some order picker gets it, sticks on the label and tosses it into the out bin. And for that, they stick you for what, $10? $15?

By the time they overcharge you on the shipping to begin with, then add even more on top as a processing fee, they've charged you the actual amount the "free" item is really worth.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 2:52am
There isn't a single thing that they advertise on TV that can't be bought at places like Walmart.  There was a store in the mall where I used to live named "As Seen on TV" that sold all of the gloves and applicators and Miracle Juice.  Buy there and pay tax but no shipping and "handling".
DavidT1767 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidT1767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 3:31am
Hey Jimbo,

Love your Everybody Loves Raymond signature line.  I believe it should be "...big fork'n spoon"  How the cast must have laughed trying to say that line.  I wonder how may takes it took before they could keep a straight face?

"Processing"   Yea, that's another one that gets me.  Process this!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 3:46am
Originally posted by DavidT1767 DavidT1767 wrote:

Hey Jimbo,

Love your Everybody Loves Raymond signature line.  I believe it should be "...big fork'n spoon"  How the cast must have laughed trying to say that line.  I wonder how may takes it took before they could keep a straight face?

Been thinking about changing it.

It's been there for years.

Just like the actual big fork & spoon.

Well, maybe not quite that long...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 8:57am

And the old "Order not and we'll Double the Amount" line of BS.....  Truth be told, all the items in those ads/infomercials are already packaged together.  Order today and we'll double the offer.  Well, guess what, there is already two bottles of Miracle Juice, two applicators, two pair of gloves and two whatever else in the packaging.

What about "Order within the next ten minutes and we'll..."

How do they (probably a call center in India) know how, when and where I saw the commercial?

"Sorry.  Our records indicate that you viewed this commercial 23 minutes ago, so no double offer for you!"

commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 2:35am
What's really sad is that apparently people fall for these gimmicks. They have learned that it works, so that's why they do it. There are so many of these out now, and they drive me crazy.

One thing I will say, their risk free refund is mostly bullsh*t. I have read countless complaints online about these "as seen on tv" items that supposedly have a full refund policy. What the company does is they hire a call center to field these calls, and instructs them to make you wait for a long time before actually answering the phone, and then make up some crap about having to talk to their supervisor, so call back tomorrow. They run you round and round hoping you will get frustrated and just give up, and most people probably do.

It's all really little more than a scam. Most of the products are not half as great as they make them out to be, and usually you can find a similar product already at your local store.
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 2:40am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

And the old "Order not and we'll Double the Amount" line of BS.....  Truth be told, all the items in those ads/infomercials are already packaged together.  Order today and we'll double the offer.  Well, guess what, there is already two bottles of Miracle Juice, two applicators, two pair of gloves and two whatever else in the packaging.

What about "Order within the next ten minutes and we'll..."

How do they (probably a call center in India) know how, when and where I saw the commercial?

"Sorry.  Our records indicate that you viewed this commercial 23 minutes ago, so no double offer for you!"

My favorite was a commercial ( I don't remember what it was for...maybe home refinance or something) that stated that all callers whose last name begins with A through N can call today.....everyone else can call tomorrow.

Do people really fall for this? Wacko

ItsAllTME View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsAllTME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 3:48am
The "if your last name starts with...." commercials really bug me too, especially when you see the same commercial every day for a month. If they really thought it through, they'd realize they're losing the slower-witted customers they usually depend on to buy their crap. They're at home saying "yesterday they told me to call 'tomorrow' & now it's tomorrow but the commercial was just on again & I'm still supposed to wait until tomorrow?" Major adtard fail.
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 7:53am
SO MUCH FOR "TRUTH IN ADVERTISING"!! A GREAT, MODERN, INVENTION "REALLY SUX", OUT LOUD!!AngryDead
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by unwanted1 unwanted1 wrote:

SO MUCH FOR "TRUTH IN ADVERTISING"!! A GREAT, MODERN, INVENTION "REALLY SUX", OUT LOUD!!AngryDead
Dang, [QUOTE=unwanted1]

You must have a lot of free time if you are digging up threads that are over 2 years old. Tongue

If you want more from the aka ranch, you just have to pay a separate fee!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic