Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico '(more) Clownin' Around' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico '(more) Clownin' Around' (video)
    Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 12:26am
ConfusedMaybe I've seen too many shows where clowns are really, really bad & nasty, and thus I have been a little 'conditioned'? neeehhhhh.
Well, the red clown realy creeps me out, but put together with the white one, they remind me of a cartoonish-version of the 'American Pickers', doncha know. Having said all of that, what really is troublesome is the flat laugh and the dino, which initially appears to be spewing an alien, or maybe puking....(yeaOKfine - it's 'fire', even though it ain't a dragon)
The whole commercial 'feels' really wrong and the inquiring mindless need to know: where's that little girl's parents? 

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 12:44am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

The whole commercial 'feels' really wrong and the inquiring mindless need to know: where's that little girl's parents? 

They're inside the house.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 2:39am
Isn't is obvious?

Her parents abandoned her at the circus.

On the plus side, I can't think of a better analogy to the strength, safety and security that (allegedly) comes with Geico insurance than to compare it with flimsy, hot air-filled, balloons, hawked by nameless clowns who aren't even the least bit funny or amusing.

Sad.

pinniped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 3:03am
Mute all geico
SO I GO ON VEHIX.COM!....GOT A CAR TO SELL!....BUYING A CAR IS HARD!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 10:05am
"The fastest growing"?

I'm sure the marketing department is taking credit for this.

F*ckoff, adholes!  Angry
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

"The fastest growing"?

F*ckoff, adholes!  Angry

Well, epidemics grow fast too.
I wouldn't make too much of it.

Plus, we know it's all BS anyway, just like their supposed ability to save me $509.21

I put "fastest-anything" in the same bucket as arbitrary precision.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

"The fastest growing"?

F*ckoff, adholes!  Angry

Plus, we know it's all BS anyway, just like their supposed ability to save me $509.21

How can they ALL claim to be able to save you so much money?  It's impossible!

I've shopped around, we are an older couple with no recent claims or tickets.
Trust me! Not one bullsh*t insurance company wants to lower our rates.
They need us to pay for the idiots that get into accidents all of the time. Perfect!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

They're inside the house.

That's what I figured.
Wonder how much they saved by switching to Geico or if the savings are deferred until 'Little Susy' becomes old enough to drive and gets her license?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 9:38pm

Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

"The fastest growing"?

F*ckoff, adholes!  Angry

How can they ALL claim to be able to save you so much money?  It's impossible!

I've shopped around, we are an older couple with no recent claims or tickets.
Trust me! Not one bullsh*t insurance company wants to lower our rates.
They need us to pay for the idiots that get into accidents all of the time. Perfect!

I actually looked into this once.  Here's the deal:

The dollar figure quoted is the average savings of only those people who got a lower rate.
It does not include the entire population of customers.

You can get a lower rate by buying less insurance.  (lower liability limits, or higher deductibles).

So basically, the $509 figure is more representative of folks cutting back on their coverage.
Of course, cutting back is acceptable in many situations:  Kids getting off their parents' insurance, selling a Jaguar XJ220 and electing to drive a Toyota Corolla instead, etc..  

That said, different insurance companies have varying models for risk.
Some companies will indeed save you money (apples-to-apples), but there is no one company that is best for everyone because the risk models are designed to be selective.  That's how it works.

It's deceptive advertising to cherry-pick "savings", and I wish they would stop it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 1:27am

^^^from years of experience with assorted companies, Nationwide and eSurance (Allstate) get my vote as the best all around for cost and rectifying insured matters.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 9:43pm
This commercial seemed to come and go within a week - gotta wonder if it weirded out a Geico exec?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic