Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blue Bloods = Boring Bloods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue Bloods = Boring Bloods
    Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 3:02am
This show is light-years beyond boring.  The premise (basically Law & Order but with both sides represented in the same family) definitely had potential, but the writers and performers here seem intent on being as dull and lifeless as possible.  Even Tom Selleck's considerable talents are almost completely wasted here...and it doesn't help that he looks nothing like the rest of the clan!  About the only half-interesting character is the Leah Remini-lookalike cop, and she wasn't even around until like season 3.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 4:02pm

^^^My upper-80's mother loves the show - it really is a good show for old people, doncha know - no real excitement and without the lighting of a soap opera! What more could a caretaker ask for?

One thing that really bugs me is that ION TV broadcasts a 'Blue Bloods Marathons' every Thursday...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^^^My upper-80's mother loves the show - it really is a good show for old people, doncha know - no real excitement and without the lighting of a soap opera! What more could a caretaker ask for?

So, it's the Matlock, Barnaby Jones, and Murder She Wrote of 2016?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 5:12pm

^^^...short the comedy that generated the occasional laugh performed by and due to things only the demented elderly understood, yes. 'Blue Bloods' can even keep the demented in a coma.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 8:34am
Originally posted by sharonite sharonite wrote:

This show is light-years beyond boring.  The premise (basically Law & Order but with both sides represented in the same family) definitely had potential, but the writers and performers here seem intent on being as dull and lifeless as possible.  Even Tom Selleck's considerable talents are almost completely wasted here...and it doemilf sn't help that he looks nothing like the rest of the clan!  About the only half-interesting character is the Leah Remini-lookalike cop, and she wasn't even around until like season 3.

It has it's comedic moments. Especially when Danny (Donny Whalberg) goes postal on some stupid suspect or bucks authority. When he does over the top New York. Amazing how his character sounds like a Bowery boy thug while the rest of the family sound cultured with no accent. His wife who's halfway milf hot also hams up the NYC accent.  There's an episode where Danny talks about his first date with his blonde tough talking milf nurse wife: "Our foist date we got slices!"
And the stereotypes: The Irish teddy bear cop who was originally Dannie's boss but now is in the commish office can inject some humor.
Now the women: They are hot. In addition to nurse milf wife Linda, we have the statuesque leggy DA played by Bridget Moynihan. Her once nerd girl daughter Nicky has filled out, let her hair grow and has that innocent schoolgirl next door minx hotness. And who can forget the commish's sexy leggy athletic looking girl Friday blonde secretary? I bet our widower commish gets plenty of stink finger when he's not trying to save New York , save the world. But wait! there's more: the Puerto Rican partner of trash talking Danny is hot with her bangs and goody two shoes Jamie's blonde minx partner Jenco. I bet Jamie wants nothing more than to go down on Jenco for a nutritious fish lunch! My mom is a milf but now baby I'm of age and I'll rock your world. Catch me in my new cinematic tour de farce: Catholic Schoolgirls Period Confessionals!

Hey. Nicky! Let's get sexed up in our mini skirts and seduce some rich liberal horn toad rich New Yorker and rock his world and then blackmail him to be our sugar daddy. 

Jamie Reagan. Are you queer or what? All you gotta do is go 10/7 and rip my blues off and have me for lunch! Or, I'll seduce your old man the commish and I bet grandpa still has some wood in his pecker for my blonde kittenish minx charms!
I approve this message.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 11:07am

Were you pleasuring yourself as you posted that, Zippy?  LOLWink

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Were you pleasuring yourself as you posted that, Zippy?  LOLWink

ROTFL!
I approve this message.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic