Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New music that is worth a listen!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Big smileClapyea, that's just a new remake of an old fave! *I* play it all the time wherever I am. I even doo it.
Having said that, 'the inquiring mindless NEED TO KNOW!': Can you strum it? Does it just flow from your fingers?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Battle of Evermore, maybe?

And it could be a mandolin.

That's the one...Thumbs Up

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 7:19pm
Confused...yea, heard this at NPR, today - it was about 1/2 was through when I tuned my brain from 'chatter' to 'listen'. Yea, I was cornfused - was this a young BobbyZ? Was it sponsored by Trump to get and use the subservient social services' supported stonervote? I'll be darned if it doesn't sound like an anti-rehab anthem... 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 8:01pm
Not bad.  It does sound a bit like Dylan.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 8:38pm
I thought it would have to be sometime near the motorcycle accident/Bobby-meets-Jeezuz time (when he was grasping hard) and performed at some local church, because it was lyrically so simple.
I just can't fathom crack heads and diesel drop-outs dropping out of rehab, or not even trying, because they have a new anthem we all should believe in, while we support the anti-social stony balonies via social services. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 5:22am
Big smileTODAY, we have a '2! 2 for 1 Special Posting'
1,)
Wink Here's something from a brand new VERY special album.
The whole way this album was recorded is a story within itself - one well-worth learning about.
'The Rail Life' holds a very special place in my heart and is part of my family bloodline.
I'm a life-long die-hard railroad fan and many of my ancestors were blue-collar rail workers, if not some form of transportation - even wood craftsmen who built carriages (and wonderful furniture, most of which remains within the family).
The 'rents have a wonderful collection of pocket watches (under glass) from many of them.
I travel by train as much as possible, if I cannot, or just do not want to drive.
A long, nomadic journey via train is also on my 'bucket list' and I KNOW my 'final trip' will be via train.

2.)
Something for all you classics-made-over-by-'death metal'-  fans.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I'm a life-long die-hard railroad fan and many of my ancestors were blue-collar rail workers, if not some form of transportation - even wood craftsmen who built carriages (and wonderful furniture, most of which remains within the family).

The 'rents have a wonderful collection of pocket watches (under glass) from many of them.

I love pocket watches. Have a few myself.

My grandfather, whom I never met as he died long before I was born, worked for the railroad back in the early 1900's at this station...

I have his old Knickerbocker railroad watch similar to this one...

Would like to see a picture of their collection. If you ever take one, post it on CIH.

I've travelled by Amtrak a few times, too. Kind of a cool way to travel if you're not in a big hurry to get somewhere.

I'll take a train every time if I can, mainly because just don't like to fly, basically.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 8:27pm
Like the Billy Bragg song.  Some old guys just get better.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 8:30pm
This isn't new (1989, I think), but it's new to me.  One of the prettiest songs I've ever heard.  But there's this sax thing in the middle (at about 1:45) that doesn't fit in at all.  Kinda ruins it for me.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 8:57pm
Strange song. Not bad, but too long.

And that saxomophone part sounds like someone was playing it with their butt.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 11:12pm
I changed the video (same recording, though).  Odd.  There's something Nazi going on.  Seems David Lynch wrote the song.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Battle of Evermore, maybe?

And it could be a mandolin.

You were right about the instrument, too.
The lead singer says "Mando" and they show the guy playing it (1:45) for just a few split seconds.

8 strings but every 2 strings is placed close together. I played a little guitar, a little piano but never spent enough time on it to get good.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 6:41pm
Both of these songs are a few years old, I probably even posted them in another thread.

This one, I LOVE her! Has an R rating for language.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 7:17pm
I've been hearing this song for a few years now. I've always known it as a song by The Meat Puppets.

I searched many of their songs. This is the version I like...But? Nirvana?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 2:10am
WinkMost know I am not a fan of metal music...and, well...no, I'm still not.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 2:42am
WinkThis is a 'grab & keep'

This album may be huge...it isn't out yet, title will be 'Regrowth' - a few posts back, you will find 'Shine' (on the same album)
This first video eats me alive as I do a lot of this sort of work daily, just as 'part of life'. I never watch it from the outside looking in because it always brings a tear.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 3:08am
Big smileWink..........and, if you get REAL lucky, or remember to order online, you'll remember her name and grab her forthcoming album by this mesmerizing wonder(I just love her!) who actually looks like my youngest daughter and - well, I never knew, she travels the back-road wolfy trails I do (I go further - she just goes between West Virginia and Toronto - part of my very route between The Swamp and The Den). Her trails are bound to go farther - she is special.

I'll have this album on short notice - here's more  of Kaia Kater selling herself.
IIIIIIIIIIIII like her!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 5:36pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 7:45pm
I was, and still am, looking for another song. This one is good too!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 8:55pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 5:56pm
I just heard this song again while I was in my truck, I remembered enough of the lyrics to find it.
It's a good tune!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 12:08am

Big smile

Jeff Beck is all over this album - should be out in a minute...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 6:12pm
Fvcking A! It took me 20 minutes just to get onto this page.
It's like passing a kidney stone while constipated with a weeks worth of crap! Angry

This is a really good song, the beginning vocals sound a little like white rap, but give the song a chance because it gets better. Thumbs Up

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 10:14pm
Don't know how new this is, but it's new to me.

If you watched any of the Croatian one man band video I posted above, this is the original version of the song he's singing.

Haunting tune and cool animation...

I found this translation for the lyrics.

It's basically a song about having nothing to eat but moldy bread.

Cik pogodi sta imam za veceru,
HEY GUESS WHAT I HAVE FOR DINNER
Budjav lebac, budjav lebac.
MOLDY BREAD, MOLDY BREAD
Njam njam njam njam...
YUM, YUM, YUM, YUM
MOLDY BREAD, MOLDY BREAD

Ajme mene joj, ajme mene joj,
OH MY OH, OH MY OH
MOLDY BREAD, MOLDY BREAD
Njam njam njam njam...
YUM, YUM, YUM, YUM
OH MY OH, OH MY OH
MOLDY BREAD, MOLDY BREAD

Dzemujem ja stalno ali nemam dzema,
I ALWAYS JAM IT BUT I HAVE NO JAM
Da na leba, mazem njega.
ON BREAD, TO SMEAR IT (THE JAM/JELLY)
Njam njam njam njam...
YUM, YUM, YUM, YUM
Dzemujem ja stalno ali nemam dzema,
I ALWAYS JAM IT BUT I HAVE NO JAM
Da na leba, mazem njega.
ON BREAD, TO SMEAR IT (THE JAM/JELLY)

Jos da imam malo alevu i loj,
AND IF I HAD SOME PAPRIKA POWDER AND FAT (anyone know another translation for LOJ?)
Da na leba mecem svega. (2x)
SO I CAN PUT EVERYTHING ON BREAD

Dzaba meni dza(BA) dzaba kad je slan,
IT'S WORTHLESS TO ME, WORTH(LESS) WORTHLESS BECAUSE IT'S SALTY
MOLDY BREAD, MOLDY BREAD
Njam njam njam njam...
YUM, YUM, YUM, YUM
Dzaba meni dza dzaba kad je slan,
IT'S WORTHLESS TO ME, WORTH(LESS) WORTHLESS BECAUSE IT'S SALTY
MOLDY BREAD, MOLDY BREAD

OH MY OH, OH MY OH
MOLDY BREAD, MOLDY BREAD
Njam njam njam njam...
YUM, YUM, YUM, YUM
OH MY OH, OH MY OH
MOLDY BREAD, MOLDY BREAD

A kod komse uvek pun frizider svega,
THE NEIGHBOURS FRIDGE IS ALWAYS FULL OF EVERYTHING
Mortadela i Nutela.
MORTADELA AND NUTELA

MOLDY BREAD, MOLDY BREAD
Njam njam njam njam...
YUM, YUM, YUM, YUM
MOLDY BREAD, MOLDY BREAD

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 11:24am
I had to make a run to the grocery store this morning, I've been hearing this song for about a week or so.  Good stuff! Thumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic