Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honda Civic - blockheads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honda Civic - blockheads
    Posted: 11 May 2016 at 1:38am
Oh, Honda... you've done it again. You've tortured me so much over the years with the sounds of children and sheep butchering songs, that dopey 2-note piano intro, and fugly spokesmen. Now, this. Just grossing me out. A whole city of refugees from some third rate Lego knockoff cartoon.

You know what, Honda? Go to Hell. Just... go... to... Hell. Thumbs Down

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 2:25am
From the front, it really looks like Acura NSX, the new one. It's appropriate since Honda owns Acura, and besides it's a really nice complement! Now to the commercial it's looks like somebody had Minecraft on the brain for way too long.That's what the square heads remind me of. Minecraft is a pretty cool game too.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 2:30pm
This "Blockheads" ad might be funnier if it were about Volvo's.

"They're boxy, but they're good."  *

*From the movie Crazy People, for those who don't recognize the reference.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 4:46pm

Yes, Honda bores us again..except I just had to stop at the point where the kid is looking at his own reflection in the car door, so I could see what HE saw (maybe a normal kid?)

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 6:27pm
This commercial is so L7, squaresville man!
Bobbinapples View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbinapples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 4:22am
I have never seen the whole commercial until now. Usually they cut out the part with the cars that can't move because of the square wheels.

I think it's supposed to either be "think outside the box" or "We aren't squares"

Or maybe "Blockheads like our cars".
Bad commercials feed my rage.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 10:16am
Not a bad-looking car.  I like the color.  Still, it's not that different from lots of other cars out there.  If they wanted to be different, they could've gotten a Citroen, or maybe a VW Thing, or maybe an old Renault Dauphine.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Bobbinapples Bobbinapples wrote:

I have never seen the whole commercial until now. Usually they cut out the part with the cars that can't move because of the square wheels.

I think it's supposed to either be "think outside the box" or "We aren't squares"

Or maybe "Blockheads like our cars".

That reminds me of an episode of Mythbusters years back. They tested square wheels on a truck. It was possible to move but it gave a really rough ride and I think it ruined the treads. It's really impractical!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic