Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tire Rack 'Bike' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tire Rack 'Bike' (video)
    Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 8:17pm
ConfusedOooooooooooooooo! I *love* all of my bikes and I know idiots like this one. The commercial actually twisted my stomach. They didn't post the required 'no bicycles were harmed in the making of this commercial'-disclaimer. 
I would have liked this commercial if the bike was driving and the guy was strapped to the top of the car... 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 11:32pm
I'm thinking there was an insurance commercial which involved driving into the garage with bike(s) on a roof rack. Idiots.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 2:23am
I'm bothered by (well, the stupidity of it), but also the obligatory covered-over, smoked-out license plate tag on the vehicle, the obviously rigged pre-determined destruction of the height warning barrier, and the  fact that the car must have already been slowing down considerably in order to stop so abruptly without screeching the tires.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 2:40am
^screw a bunch of that! The MAIN thing is the jerks trashed a perfectly good bike.Wink
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^screw a bunch of that! The MAIN thing is the jerks trashed a perfectly good bike.Wink

To be honest, I had my Cannondale M400 on the back of my SUV and backed into one of those permanently installed, pedestal-mounted BBQ grilles that you see at some larger city/county parks.

Didn't do too much damage: 
Bent part of the crank, (replaced, and bearings too), and scratched some of the paint.
Could have been A LOT worse.   I was lucky.  (Less than $150 in repairs?) Was a while ago...

Wasn't that I forgot it was back there, I just didn't see the damn BBQ in the rearview!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic