Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tile- Find Anything (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tile- Find Anything (video)
    Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 7:21pm
As I age and abuse my body, facing an inevitable loss of sight, mind control and motor function.

Yeah! Sign me up AHOLES!!!

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 9:19pm
So, you have to attach one of these things ($25 each) to anything and everything you plan on losing, and then hope that someone with the same technology walks past your missing item, and then go to that place in hopes that it's still there???  Why not just be a bit more careful with your stuff?

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 2:53pm
I like the typeface reminds me of FIrst NAtional STores or Finast logo from the 1990s. Makes sense to use this as I lose a lot of stuff, but dang I need a load of em LOL!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 3:16pm
$25 bucks per tile, with volume discounts given.  They last a year and then you have to replace it, but they'll sell you a new one at a "fraction of the cost".  It's an expensive gimmick.  I'll just do the usual searching the couch cushions when I lose something.  It's definitely cheaper.

One cool thing is that your phone will remember the last time it "saw" the tag.  So if I have one in my wallet and leave it at a store and I happen to have my phone on me (as opposed to leaving it in the car like I usually do), it will remember that the last time it saw the tag was when it was at the store.

I think that it also has a crowd sourced search feature, so you can use other phones on the network to search.  I can only imagine how bad a battery sucker that would be.

It also has the ability to cause your phone to ring.  If you can't find your phone, press the tile and your phone starts ringing.

So it's sort of cool, but still expensive for what it is.  And the whole "it dies after a year and we'll sell you a new one" thing just bothers me.  I imagine that they take the old ones back, add new batteries, and then sell those for a "fraction of the cost".
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 4:52pm

Some people are way too dependent upon technology.

Losing my wallet or keys is not something that happens to me...so I don't need to buy $25 "tiles" to find such stuff.  It seems to me that if it does happen so regularly with some people, they ought to deal with their penchant for losing or misplacing things, maybe change some habits.  For instance, I never put my wallet down on the counter when I'm at a store.  It's in my hand or my pocket.  I've never lost a wallet.  It's way too important to be so careless with,

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 6:55pm
I think that people these days have way too much going on, with juggling their belongings and communicating at all times on their phones.  
I have a wood box that I put keys and wallets and stuff in.  The only time I misplace anything is when I forget to put it in that box.  Then stuff is just usually in a jacket pocket.

I do tend to misplace my cellphone, but I just call it from the landline and find it that way.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Some people are way too dependent upon technology.

Losing my wallet or keys is not something that happens to me...so I don't need to buy $25 "tiles" to find such stuff.  It seems to me that if it does happen so regularly with some people, they ought to deal with their penchant for losing or misplacing things, maybe change some habits.  For instance, I never put my wallet down on the counter when I'm at a store.  It's in my hand or my pocket.  I've never lost a wallet.  It's way too important to be so careless with,

I don't lose stuff like that either, I did leave my debit card at the grocery store...Embarrassed
No biggy, the cashier saw it so they called me.

I'll set my wallet on the counter but only long enough to swipe the card, put the card back in my wallet and back to my pocket.

I can't see spending money on something like this.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 9:35pm
Perfect !!

I'm all the time losing my 50-pound bag full of golf clubs.   (Stupid product: DeadDead)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic