Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Midwife - TV Commercial | Dollar Shave Club

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Midwife - TV Commercial | Dollar Shave Club
    Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 6:12pm

i didn't need to see this on tv. not after, just last night, seeing a youtube video about weird records...one of which was a transexual MAN who gave birth to 3 kids. he may have wanted to be a man but he wound up being an abomination.

no offense to the trans people but there are only TWO genders (3 IF you consider hermaphrodite a gender), MALE and FEMALE. not however many fictional genders you may think there are. FEMALES give birth NOT males.

i'm getting tired of this stupid gender confusion bs. seriously, it doesn't help anyone.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 6:27pm
This commercial is just too nutty to not like.

You must watch until 1:15 when Jared delivers something special for future cellmate Bill.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 7:55am
I've liked all of the Dollar Shave Club commercials. They always amuse me and keep it simple at the same time. To each their own, I guess. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 6:26pm
I hate their commercials. Nasty and obnoxious and not funny. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 2:11am
Originally posted by treos treos wrote:

no offense to the trans people but there are only TWO genders (3 IF you consider hermaphrodite a gender), MALE and FEMALE. not however many fictional genders you may think there are. FEMALES give birth NOT males.

i'm getting tired of this stupid gender confusion bs. seriously, it doesn't help anyone.

Some people out there are trying to convince us that the matter's up for discussion. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 3:02am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

You must watch until 1:15 when Jared delivers something special for future cellmate Bill.

I wonder if the crew got to eat the big sub after they finished shooting the scene.

I would hope so.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 3:04am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Some people out there are trying to convince us that the matter's up for discussion.

Don't speak too soon. The way medical science is going, in a decade or two, there might be a third gender.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 3:39am
I personally have no problem with FtM's keeping their original organs...even getting pregnant. Take a look at the FtM process; it's horrendous and even the best penis that can be constructed has a horrible limitation in sensitivity and quality. By comparison the MtF vagina is almost just as good as the naturally occurring one. In terms of sexual gratification, quality of life, etc. I don't think it's...too ridiculous for an FtM to keep their vagina and bits.

Hell, even with the variety of trans people I don't think humans are as big a mess gender-wise as some other species.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 5:09am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Don't speak too soon. The way medical science is going, in a decade or two, there might be a third gender.

Why wait?
Stoplight parrotfish can change genders as the need arises.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 5:12am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

I personally have no problem with FtM's keeping their original organs...even getting pregnant. Take a look at the FtM process; it's horrendous and even the best penis that can be constructed has a horrible limitation in sensitivity and quality. By comparison the MtF vagina is almost just as good as the naturally occurring one. In terms of sexual gratification, quality of life, etc. I don't think it's...too ridiculous for an FtM to keep their vagina and bits.

Hell, even with the variety of trans people I don't think humans are as big a mess gender-wise as some other species.

They'll be growing human organs in the lab in another 15 - 20 years or so.

Gals who want to be guys will probably be able to pick out the penis they want from a catalog. Probably have cute product names for them, too.

Lil' Willy. Standard Stan. Big Tex. The Sequoia.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 10:01am
^  Who wouldn't pick Big Tex or the Sequoia?  Maybe there'll be price considerations.  Medicaid will only pay for a Li'l Willy, and The Sequoia would most likely be an extra $100,000 out-of-pocket.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 10:43am
Actually, some human organs have already grown pretty well. It's just a matter of getting the costs more realistic.

There's also external synthetic wombs. The study was humongously successful in all the animal trials, and was successful during a small human trial, but due to some f**ked up ethics thing, it was halted.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I wonder if the crew got to eat the big sub after they finished shooting the scene.

I would hope so.

LOL
 I bet not. Those prop sandwiches get old and hard and less than appetizing pretty quick.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Actually, some human organs have already grown pretty well. It's just a matter of getting the costs more realistic.

There's also external synthetic wombs. The study was humongously successful in all the animal trials, and was successful during a small human trial, but due to some f**ked up ethics thing, it was halted.

Those damned ethics!  AngryLOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 7:55pm
Wink*I* think this commercial is about as mentally deranged as I've seen in a long while. Gotta love it.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 8:11pm
Last time I bought a pack of cartridges, it was about $10 for an 8-pack.  That was 13 years ago and I thought it was outrageous then.  Checked the price recently on the same item.  Holy sh*t!  It's twice the price.

I hope my stash lasts a long time.  I go through about 2 or 3 cartridges per year, and I have about 35 left.  They might last till I die.  Not really a win-win situation, though.  LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 8:39pm

These may not be for you, then.

When I shave, I occasionally shave twice a day, being a furry little bugger,
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 8:40pm
I'm pretty furry, too, Pa.  I think I had hair on my back by the 10th grade.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 8:46pm
Then how do you go through so few blades? Looking like a 'dumpster diver' these days. pr use a trimmer (as do I) and keep the '5 o'clock snowdrift' (since I doubt either of us has a 'shadow' any longer)?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 10:09pm
I don't know why.  I just get a lot of mileage out of 'em.  Maybe it's the brand?  Schick Quattro.  It also helps when I have a goatee.  That cuts down on the area that needs shaving.

And nope.  No shadow.  Just a white film that looks kinda sickly after a few days.  That's why I either shave or grow a goatee.

NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Then how do you go through so few blades?
The key to making blades last is shaking all the water off them after shaving, and drying the blade. Water on the blade causes oxidation. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 6:44pm
^hmmm...thanks - nice advice, makes sense.Wink
All these years and the most I ever recall doing is rinsing them well and letting nature take its course...
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 8:29pm
You will find it makes them last much, much longer. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic