Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sprint - spazzy dancing chick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sprint - spazzy dancing chick
    Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 1:32am
For the love of Pete... why? Why do ads like this have to exist? I get it that you need to attract attention, what with the fast forwarding DVR thing. But I'm trying to relax when I'm at home, and garbage like this has to appear on my TV. And of course it's one of those ads that has to be in heavy rotation, twice every break. The always nightmarish combo of horribly loud and annoying music, and some idiot flailing his or her limbs around like a spaz. Stop this trend. Somebody. Please, STOP IT! Dead

Sponsored Links

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

For the love of Pete... why? Why do ads like this have to exist? I get it that you need to attract attention, what with the fast forwarding DVR thing. But I'm trying to relax when I'm at home, and garbage like this has to appear on my TV. And of course it's one of those ads that has to be in heavy rotation, twice every break. The always nightmarish combo of horribly loud and annoying music, and some idiot flailing his or her limbs around like a spaz. Stop this trend. Somebody. Please, STOP IT! Dead

Thank you for getting this one on the threads. WTF is with Sprint? We had to suffer through the Norwhals frollicking in the ocean, now this. Also several years back I had a less than steller experience with Sprint regarding Internet service that was priced at a premium and then surprise, surprise they capped my Internet. So F them. Ironically the dancing chick is kind of cute but they make her up and outfit her like some retard that would climax over the horrible CBS TV show Rush Hour. They have her dressed like she got her smelly dowdy dudds from a Salvation Army store that had a run on housewives fashions from 1976. And that loud sh*t music!
I approve this message.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 4:01pm
So, having a seizure is equitable to how it feels to "save?"
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 4:24pm
Disapproveohhhhhh....I remember days gone by when a woman danced like that the day after having met the man of her dreams - but these days? Give a girl a hand-held electronic toy that elicits self-satisfaction? All a man is good for is to pay the monthly bill. That makes 2 weeks of the month shot to hell...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 10:30pm
Director to lady: "here's some Molly, just dance like no one is watching"

I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by A Millennial A Millennial wrote:

Director to lady: "here's some Molly, just dance like no one is watching"

And maybe adult diapers as it looks like she dropped a load in her peasant homeless dress.
I approve this message.
lancelink View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lancelink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 3:53am
Had to make a GIF of this. This point in the commercial is where I usually change the channel. LOL
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 1:37pm
I really feel bad for commercial actors and actresses who have to take jobs like this and make asses out of themselves for money.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 4:04am
Originally posted by Tully Blanchard Tully Blanchard wrote:

I really feel bad for commercial actors and actresses who have to take jobs like this and make asses out of themselves for money.

Sure as hell beats unemployment, waiting tables or worse door to door sales!
I approve this message.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 4:11am

Each time I see this ad I get a little more bothered. Yea, sure I want to make fun of her silliness, but this one takes the cake when it comes to dredging up old mistakes. Say, like back in 5th or 6th grade when I saw a girl dancing just like that and I burst out laughing in public, right before a teacher came over and said, "...ssshhh! Shame on you! She has polio..."

Cry

I never want to make such an insensitive mistake again - I've been dain bramaged ever since...maybe the Sprint girl has polio and that's the only job she could get? Could there be a chance I might recognize her mother?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 6:25am
The spazzy chick is actually Sprint's balance sheet in disguise.
I believe the dance is called "Death Throes", or something like that. 

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 10:21pm
my parents would call this a 'conniption'
for like half a second at the end she looks semi-hot--but thats no saving grace for the 98% UGH of her bloated ghetto dancing
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 11:30pm
comedian and social curmudgeon Jim Florentine has a podcast and he often goes back to certain topics of things he hates. One of them is people...mainly dopey white guys.... dancing in commericals. It's one of his favorite things to rag on  LOL

(annoyed Jim Florentine voice:) "they always have to show people dancing. Why? Nobody does that in real life. Nobody. Nobody's dancing because they just ate at McDonalds or bought a new cell phone. Just stop it already"  
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 11:52pm
When I read the the title of this topic I thought it was this commercial. But..no, this spazzy dancing idiot is for Gain.

I sense a new disturbing trend.  DeadOuch

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 3:54pm
CaralhoVoador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaralhoVoador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 12:10am
YES! Thank you. I hate this commercial so much. The irritating music, the incredibly stupid dancing... I'm at the point that when this commercial comes on I mute the TV and leave the room. I recently saw this actress pop up in another ad and flashbacks to this commercial made that intolerable too.
diezman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote diezman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 1:44am
Guess I'm the only one who enjoys this commercial. Despite the spazzy dancing - I think the girl is really cute!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 1:45pm
This is the same woman, in this extremely weird commercial:

Bobbinapples View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbinapples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 4:18am
Wow, no wonder she is cast in commercials so often - her face doesn't even look real. I don't think she is as attractive in the second commercial, but she does have a nice face anyway.

The only part of the sprint commercial I can stand is the end, where she does the "window wipe" and fade away. I don't know if it's because she looks semi-hot there, or if it's because she finally stopped having a conniption.
Bad commercials feed my rage.
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 10:34pm
I saw the Sprint ad twice in a half hour period last night and figured there had to be a post on it here.  You guys never let me down!

I actually think the Gain ad also posted here is even worse.  Dancing like she's schizophrenic while going through the metal detector and then in the middle of the aisle on the plane?  First of all, in real life someone who was dancing like that for no apparent reason would have been detained by airport security and wouldn't have been let on a plane to begin with.  Not to mention the fact that her idiotic dancing is holding everyone else up.  And if she started doing that when she was already on the plane, I'd have her thrown off and find someone who had the funny farm on speed dial.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 11:20pm
I just saw BOTH the Sprint and the Ice Breakers ads during the same break. Ouch
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 1:13am
Originally posted by ChrisInMI ChrisInMI wrote:

I saw the Sprint ad twice in a half hour period last night and figured there had to be a post on it here.  You guys never let me down!

I actually think the Gain ad also posted here is even worse.  Dancing like she's schizophrenic while going through the metal detector and then in the middle of the aisle on the plane?  First of all, in real life someone who was dancing like that for no apparent reason would have been detained by airport security and wouldn't have been let on a plane to begin with.  Not to mention the fact that her idiotic dancing is holding everyone else up.  And if she started doing that when she was already on the plane, I'd have her thrown off and find someone who had the funny farm on speed dial.
 Not to mention the fact that after all that spazzy dancing, there would be noticeable "yoga aroma" to contend with.  DeadDead
CapeCat
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 5:14pm
I never saw the Sprint ad on TV until 2 nights ago. I think I've seen it at least 10 times since. 
It's just so G'damn stupid!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

Not to mention the fact that after all that spazzy dancing, there would be noticeable "yoga aroma" to contend with.  DeadDead

CryThat took my mind places it was never meant to go, doncha know...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Bobbinapples Bobbinapples wrote:

Wow, no wonder she is cast in commercials so often - her face doesn't even look real. I don't think she is as attractive in the second commercial, but she does have a nice face anyway.

The only part of the sprint commercial I can stand is the end, where she does the "window wipe" and fade away. I don't know if it's because she looks semi-hot there, or if it's because she finally stopped having a conniption.
LOL
Like this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic