Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Addiction Network "I wish my..." (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I've been seeing this more and more lately. And it the version with sad Eeyore / Dumbo hybrid at the end blaming his parents not having insurance to help his sorry a** The version of the shady dcotor yelling at me "NOW" is now gone.

Speaking of BS rehabs, I haven't seen the Shady Pax Prentiss ads for his resort anymore.
WinkYea...there IS a 'new' one - I've seen it once or twice. I know it is new because Pax actually appears older (pretty much the effect of 'falling off the wagon' every time he got paid).
~~~
UPDATE: *I* must be getting tired - this was the second time I replied to the same post saying the same thing.
That Pax person seems to be a complete arsehole! When you are an addict, you are ALWAYS AN ADDICT! Addiction doesn't go away simply because you're at a posh rehab centre, and what's with the hideous blouse you're wearing, mate? 
LOL
Good one, Jimmy.

"I was an addict for 10 years, now I'm not" What convincing words of wisdom from this guys piehole! Angry

It looks like Pax is doing well...is that a silk shirt? It is probably felt by his pool boy at his oceanside mansion.  I hate this douchebag!
Sponsored Links

Laffy Guy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laffy Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 1:38pm
Well you were talking like hazeldon was a town or city. I dont sh*t about rehab joints. Except the courts made me go to PC1000. That's like NA meetings. I literally had to act I was cured at the end just so I could get the hell outta there. Crocodile tears of joy, the works. They bought it. And no. Never was on cops. They wont air the shows if the suspect gets away. (Bad PR)
Laffy
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Laffy Guy Laffy Guy wrote:

Well you were talking like hazeldon was a town or city. I dont sh*t about rehab joints. Except the courts made me go to PC1000. That's like NA meetings. I literally had to act I was cured at the end just so I could get the hell outta there. Crocodile tears of joy, the works. They bought it. And no. Never was on cops. They wont air the shows if the suspect gets away. (Bad PR)
How and why did I know you were a 'rehab reject'?WinkLOL

That's o.k., you are amongst 'friends and (and in some cases) family'. 

To clear the air for the teeming minions:
PC1000 exists for those getting busted for drugs, but aren't 'big enough' to go to 'adult court', so you get a 'DEJ' and do a PC study course.
Yea, this is what all 'Mama's little failures/Daddy's main 'connect' ' get assigned when they are walking down the street smoking a joint and the cop doesn't want to bother with you beyond a 10 minute tough guy lecture and a citation.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 5:27pm
WinkBy the way - these folks have a NEW commercial!
Same exact script as the short-version of the older.
No bearded nurse reading the teleprompter, no - this time it is a recovered client, I believe. Has to be.
She looks tired and has more wrinkles in her face alone than the belly of a 180-pound woman who used to weigh 500 pounds.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 7:13pm
WinkWell, ILT mentions the beard in the scrubs looks like one of those 'date rapist dudes', I figured she may have a point. I've seen two newer versions without him, including this one which I can actually take seriously.
ILUVTOMH77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILUVTOMH77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 7:29pm
"I was an addict for 10 years, now I'm not" What convincing words of wisdom from this guys piehole! Angry

It looks like Pax is doing well...is that a silk shirt? It is probably felt by his pool boy at his oceanside mansion.  I hate this douchebag!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOL LOL LOL   Whatever happened to ole' Pax and Passages of Malibu? 
Chevy commercials that feature annoying hipsters make me NOT want to ever buy a Chevy......
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 7:58pm
^ He even has a new book out.  I just found this video too!

I don't have a drinking problem...as long as I have a drink, there isn't a problem.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AZa_/passages-malibu-moments
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by ILUVTOMH77 ILUVTOMH77 wrote:

LOL LOL LOL   Whatever happened to ole' Pax and Passages of Malibu? 
It's still around and Pax Prentiss is still Addict #1.
I think the below site may be a better option for many - just a little push in and if there is failure, a push over...
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 11:39pm

WinkWell, ILT mentions the beard in the scrubs looks like one of those 'date rapist dudes', I figured she may have a point. I've seen two newer versions without him, including this one which I can actually take seriously.

Oooh Look!
Another stethoscope prop on a "real" doctor.

No imagination.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Oooh Look!
Another stethoscope prop on a "real" doctor.

No imagination.
She's kind of homely-cute, doncha know...I REALLY think I would like to take her to a cheap hotel room where I could discuss the topic of 'Addiction' with her and we could then check each other out with her stethoscope all night long just to make certain neither of us could possibly be an addict...I get 'firsties'!
I'll even wear her lab coat, cancha tell.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 7:28pm
Why haven't you called, idiot? What are you waiting for, jerk! Can't you see I'm wearing scrubs? And I have a stethoscope around my neck for no reason because that's what doctors do on TV? And I look over the top edge of my glasses, moron! CALL!!!

Laffy Guy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laffy Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:30pm
Well, not really a reject. I passed the course. But had to look like I "saw the light" to insure a more rapid departure.
Try to understand, these "counselors " appeared to be having a more difficult time making sure that they're accepted by god than people that are trying to rehab, if theyre trying at all. When I convinced them I was cured, the look on their face was like, "ya see God, ya see?!? Now I'm guaranteed a thumbs up by St. Peter, right?!?". Well, you know how born again christians can get. Not knocking them, but they sure like to save sinners at an otherwise uncomfortable degree.
Kinda like good Dr.Snatchlips here. I know what I need, and what I dont. And what I dont need is someone telling me what i need and what I dont. If they do, then I start telling them what THEY need, like to either fix the volume on his mouth when he gets to the word "NOW" or use sign language. Or get a monocle if hes not gonna wear his glasses right.
Laffy
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:39pm
Every damn day I see these commercials. About 10 times a day now. 'You need to call the Addiction Network NOW!!' No, I don't have to, you scammers! Angry
I also see ads for 'Make America Sober Again' about 3-4 times a day as well. Yes, seriously. Did Trump fund these commercials? Look 'em up on iSpot or YouTube. 
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Laffy Guy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Laffy Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:47am
Great, now everyones gonna be going, MASA MASA. Not that I'm against MAGA. I like the idea. But no politics for me today, thank you.
So, I'm curious. If you get rehabed thru "MASA",and end up up sad, would that make you a "sad ol MASAchist"?
Doubtful, but I'd rather drink and get sh*tfaced, than get sh*tfaced sober.
Laffy
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Every damn day I see these commercials. About 10 times a day now. 'You need to call the Addiction Network NOW!!' No, I don't have to, you scammers! Angry
I also see ads for 'Make America Sober Again' about 3-4 times a day as well. Yes, seriously. Did Trump fund these commercials? Look 'em up on iSpot or YouTube. 
Scolding, shaming, or threatening addicts is ineffective. If they are ever ready to seek help they know where to find it. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

Why haven't you called, idiot? What are you waiting for, jerk! Can't you see I'm wearing scrubs? And I have a stethoscope around my neck for no reason because that's what doctors do on TV? And I look over the top edge of my glasses, moron! CALL!!!

The actor in this ad is portraying his interpretation of what a doctor at one of the rehab facilities looks like. In fact, he's just a hipster poser, with his "beard", which is supposed to make him appear manly (it doesn't).
What I encountered at the facility I visited many years ago was casually dressed psychologists, accompanied by technicians (who were also in casual wear). The atmosphere is to put the patient on an equal par with the counsellor. It bloody well worked for me, I've been clean and sober for a few decades.

Just as Thor stated earlier in this thread, I agree with him 100% when these facilities should have a charge involved. Pro bono assistance when dealing with an epidemic as rapidly growing as prescription drug addiction is very like trying to slap a bandaid on an open wound. Nothing is for free in our life. Those who are the wards of each state are costing the tax payers an ungodly sum of wages right now, adding free drug addiction counselling to those who can't afford it will cause further bankruptcy to an already crippled system.
One man gathers what another man spills
scuffryda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scuffryda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 5:19am
I KNOW you posted this some months back--- but I actually created an account, approved it, and proceeded-> just to reply to YOU!

I needed to tell you that you are an absolute moron. The posted video on this BLOG, was a parody on a REAL & Serious commercial for people who need help. The ORIGINAL commercial video was edited (as well as the number, etc) To TRICK people like you, who can't even notice that an obvious edit has been made.

No human with an IQ that is high enough to realize this, yet has the power to post their own illiterate troll garbage online, is scary. I hope people like you go away from this planet with natural selection. #goaway
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 9:20pm
I find it hilarious that you'd create an account just to go on this rant. 
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 9:46pm
Clap "Get help NOW!!!"
CapeCat
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 11:20pm
I think our new poster must be a 'recently re-virgined' (Confusedor should I say 'recovered') abuser and is all full of that righteous baloney at this time. There is a long way to go...first 'reality', then 'relapse', then 'recovery', 'reality', 'relapse', and eventually, suicide by cop.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic