Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Addiction Network "I wish my..." (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laffy Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 11:35am
Update: Dr.Snatchlips got his teeth whitened, doesnt spaz on the word "NOW", but still looks through his glasses with just the left eye and not the right (wtf is up with that?) That's like playing football with one nut hangin out the cup.
And I'm still dying to find out what that kids drug of choice is. He's gotta be a glue huffer .
"We all know what happenes when someone doesn't get help, they die. Or worse, they..Wait wtf is worse than dying? Hurting someone? Where's Dr.Kavorkian when ya need him?
Sponsored Links

Laffy Guy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laffy Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 11:40am
1-800-555-1234. Sweet, a fictitious toll-free number.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I've been seeing this more and more lately. And it the version with sad Eeyore / Dumbo hybrid at the end blaming his parents not having insurance to help his sorry a** The version of the shady dcotor yelling at me "NOW" is now gone.

Speaking of BS rehabs, I haven't seen the Shady Pax Prentiss ads for his resort anymore.

WinkYea...there IS a 'new' one - I've seen it once or twice. I know it is new because Pax actually appears older (pretty much the effect of 'falling off the wagon' every time he got paid).
~~~
UPDATE: *I* must be getting tired - this was the second time I replied to the same post saying the same thing.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Laffy Guy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laffy Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 11:05pm
Yeah, he totally looks different, but its the guy, you can tell by the way he looks through his glasses. One looks over and the other looks through.
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 7:46am
Hey, guys who did the MyPillow dub, get to work on this one stat!
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 11:45am
I saw the new one too, that "DR" looks even shadier than ever.  I couldn't find it on youtube, but I did find this funny parody.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 12:03pm
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 2:49pm
I always wondered about the rationale for including that clip at the end myself.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 8:16pm
WinkMaybe just making that appearance was enough to pay for rehab.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Laffy Guy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laffy Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 11:21pm
What ever happend to all the Einsteins in the mentos commercials that aired about 20 years ago. Anybody remember those, or has feeble mind started playing tricks on me?
The girl breaks a heel off of one of her shoes. Bummed out, she pops a mentos. And like a sceen from "Flowers for Algeron",the chicks IQ instantly skyrockets. Yep, so she decides shes gonna break the other heel off so atleast she wont be walking like Festus.
So here she is, strolling down the street with her toes pointing directly straight up.
So bad, it was funny.
But stupid sells. It makes the veiwer feel more superior, i guess.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 11:26pm
Confused^^^The Inquiring Mindless need to know!:  Hey LaffyTaffy! WTF are you talking about? You're sounding a bit like a 'Rehab Reject' and about as sane as our very own 'Sybil' - get back to the topic of the thread.
Laffy Guy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laffy Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 5:16pm
Oh man, too much! I especially like the part about having gift cards, for a no out of pocket cost.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 6:30pm
^Consider all of your possible futures should YOU call the number there, Taffy!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 5:23am
I've been seeing this 800 number commercial constantly lately. 
"You need to call the Addiction Network NOW!!!!!" 
I hate the way he harshly yells at viewers...not everyone is addicted to drugs!
The cheap value of this commercial screams scam. Much like all of those "tax relief" and "debt relief" commercials.

The 800-555-1234 is a placeholder number. It was not aired. Of course, when aired there's a genuine 800 or 888 number to call.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
wizardofozone View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizardofozone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 10:43am
I agree with every last member's opinion about all of the negative things about this commercial, however I was on other sites that critisized this same commercial and I'm amazed that not one member anywhere commented on the girl who states "It was Oxyies for me" ....  I absolutely can't understand if she is African American, Arab, American Indian, or simply has the darkest spray tan I've ever seen. It's her eyes and lip line edges that look so unnatural compared to her dark color ... almost as if her eye and lip edges were tightly and perfectly masked off so evenly as to make those parts 'pop through' her evenly dark skin ....  Or I'm simply the stupidest member in here , lol ! .... can someone please give an opinion ?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 11:27am
^  I went back to the first page of this thread to see what you were talking about.  But it seems the video's been hacked or something.  There's someone interrupting the video talking about "counter-strike addiction".

But I see the chick you're talking about.  Yeah, what the hell is with her skin?  It's almost like she's in blackface.  Reminds me of when Grace Slick appeared on the Smothers Brothers Show in blackface.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizardofozone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 11:35am
I'm glad you agree, I've replayed this commercial so many times just to stare at her coloring ... you helped me explain it and hit the nail right on the head with your description of 'blackface' ... I knew it looked familier but couldn't remember that term .. yeh, she's like she's doing an AL Jolsen satire ... I really think she had a really over zealous spray tan with some type of eye and lip covering masking devices ....
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizardofozone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 11:47am
OMG Thor ! I went to see that Grace slick video .... that is a perfect copy of what I mean ! never had a response so perfectly respond to my exact puzzlement !  Never saw any 2 girls look like that ..it's beautiful but 'unreal' in a sense .... that Slick was indeed in beautiful blackface takes away THAT part of the mystery ... but what is going on with the Oxy girl is beyond me .... Many thanks Thor !!!Thumbs Up
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 11:50am
Or maybe she's a New Jersey "Angela" all prepped to meet her Guido on the Seaside boardwalk.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by wizardofozone wizardofozone wrote:

OMG Thor ! I went to see that Grace slick video .... that is a perfect copy of what I mean ! never had a response so perfectly respond to my exact puzzlement !  Never saw any 2 girls look like that ..it's beautiful but 'unreal' in a sense .... that Slick was indeed in beautiful blackface takes away THAT part of the mystery ... but what is going on with the Oxy girl is beyond me .... Many thanks Thor !!!Thumbs Up

You're welcome.

Laffy Guy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laffy Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 10:46pm
Yeah, i see what you're saying. I never noticed that till you mentioned it.i got a theory. I think she lives in a headshop and she video recorded this under a black Light. That, or she fell asleep in a tanning bed. Who knows. After all, its the rehab peeps that made the ad.
Laffy
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizardofozone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 4:03am
The Black Light theory makes good sense as it would explain the eyes and the lips 'popping' out so radically from the face and the almost 'action figure' toy doll evenness of the tan on the whole.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizardofozone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 4:20am
I'm also thinking she used a cosmetic bronzer in an air brush and was so fascinated with the way it covers that she simply forgot the major rule of air brush cosmetics is knowing when to stop  ....
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 5:00am
Originally posted by wizardofozone wizardofozone wrote:

I'm also thinking she used a cosmetic bronzer in an air brush and was so fascinated with the way it covers that she simply forgot the major rule of air brush cosmetics is knowing when to stop  ....

You're going to fit in just fine around here!  Clap

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizardofozone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 5:27am
Lol ! .. Thank you Anduril !Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic