Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Addiction Network "I wish my..." (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 9:02am
Ha ha ha!!! Your right, those ears, poor guy!!!
Sponsored Links

mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 4:02pm
I hate how they have the guy at the end saying "I wish my family had insurance.  I could've gotten the best help available" too.  It makes it seem like he doesn't have control over his own destiny and insurance is something that is only attainable by old money.  He should be saying I wish I had insurance or I wish my parents kept me on their insurance or I wish I purchased my own insurance or I need to buy insurance so I can get the best help available. 

Insurance is now required by law, even if you don't like it.  He could have purchased his own insurance through an insurance marketplace if he can't get it through work or doesn't have a job.  Even without any tax credit, I'm sure it's a lot cheaper than the cost of rehab.  I get they're trying to keep away all the calls from uninsured people because they probably don't have any free services in their network, and by the time these callers are looking for help they're probably broke, but don't make it seem like people are helpless and can't take 15 minutes or even an hour to sign up for insurance on the phone, at the library, at a friend's house. 

It drives me crazy...he can take steps to fix his own problems.  He's not completely helpless.  And he's not a lost cause because his family doesn't have insurance.  If he can buy drugs, he can spend $200-400 on insurance for an entire month.

And I think he looks like he's over 26, so he needs to get his own insurance, if that's the case.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 4:18pm
^^^Wink*I* suspect you may be a little misinformed, or have no idea of what it is like to be a, or deal with a member who is an addict.
Secondly, maybe you know how penniless people pay for ObummerCare?

And 'EarBoy'? Damn lil'skinhead! Can't tell 'em apart in the daylight! If I recall correctly, the original commercial had him wearing an orange t-shirt, which made him sound and look like a penis topped off with white (flesh-toned) 'Mickey Mouse' ears on his head.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Laffy Guy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laffy Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 4:31pm
Yeah right, some kid with bong resin stained teeth that can't decide wether to look through his glasses or above them (this guy makes Doogie Houser look old) knows all about addiction. Then they follow up with the guy that looks like he eats paint chips every morning like they come out of a cereal box, throws me a hint to get health insurance, or end up like him.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 4:59pm
^LOL

I used to have that avatar too.
meecepeece View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meecepeece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 8:12pm
Grrrrrr... this entire ad is so annoying! And these people are paid actors pretending to be drug or alcohol addicts who need help, not legit addicts telling their real story. That alone is insulting! They care so much about the addicted folks yet tey cant even be bothered to pay a few to showcase themselves in an ad, and talk about how much this place helped them? Maybe its because the place is not actually doing its job? I do not know. I do know as a former drug addict, who is now no longer, that this is unrealistic, insulting way of portraying what the place does and who it actually helps if anyone. It is waaay too obvious these folks are script or cue card reading, as well. An actual recovered addict or alcoholic would show some genuine emotion if the place helped turn lives around! Just NO
If you could see the you that I see when I see you seeing me, you'd see yourself so differently, believe me-
Cranedy Pouth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 12:34am
Nothing more pathetic than a grown man not taking responsibility responsibility for himself. It would be understandable if he were a 15 year drug addict, but a grown man should know better.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 1:34am

^^^Not everybody was raised in a perfect family, like you. Some were destroyed at birth....so who are you to judge?

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
pinniped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 6:28am
I change the channel whenever I see that creepy dude on the tube.
SO I GO ON VEHIX.COM!....GOT A CAR TO SELL!....BUYING A CAR IS HARD!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 3:35pm
I always need to watch it all the way through because I never can remember who took what...and that one girl is kinda cute - what'd she take again? Thinks she wants more?Clown
Graceofbase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graceofbase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 6:34am
The kid with the big ears is an actual drug addict. I used to do Heroin with him. I am sober now for 2years. Every time I see him in that ad in like wth!? Why is he saying that?? It's so retarded.And we have Obamacare and that's how you get help for free. It makes no sense
Graceofbase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graceofbase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 6:46am
And my taxes DO pay for free rehab. in Oregon its called OHP - Oregon Health Plan
Cranedy Pouth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Graceofbase Graceofbase wrote:

The kid with the big ears is an actual drug addict. I used to do Heroin with him. I am sober now for 2years. Every time I see him in that ad in like wth!? Why is he saying that?? It's so retarded.And we have Obamacare and that's how you get help for free. It makes no sense

Wow. Congratulations on being sober. I guess it is a good thing that they did hire an actual drug addict to do the comercial to make it genuine.
Using nuclear weapons on problem people is not the answer, you psychopath!

Also, Keith Richards is a damn cockroach outliving everybody! LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Graceofbase Graceofbase wrote:

ShockedCryWell, doing the ad probably helped him slide over to Oxys.
Also - congrats on sobriety. .
And yes - out of all the 'addicts', he is the most convincing during the entire commercial.
michael971 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 12:49am
I'm not a doctor, but I play one on a TV Commercial - I don't care for their choice of actor
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 3:57am
The one I keep seeing is where that putz actor/ doctor is literally yelling at me through the TV.
"Call the Addiction Network NOW!!" 

Dude calm the f down!

And this guy..what a sad sap.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 12:58pm
^ And what's his addiction?  Q-tips?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 1:46pm
^^LOL
MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 9:48am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

And this guy..what a sad sap.

LOL
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by videotapeguy videotapeguy wrote:

Boy, did I have a long hiatus.

This commercial, because I have seen it too many times to count on Antenna TV, is driving me to frustration. I imitate the guy.

"If you have a problem with addiction, you need to call The Addiction Network NOW!!!!!!!!"
I don't see a fake doctor successfully ordering any addicts to rehab. Maybe a Judge when door number 2 is attached to a prison cell.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 12:03am
Originally posted by videotapeguy videotapeguy wrote:

Boy, did I have a long hiatus.

This commercial, because I have seen it too many times to count on Antenna TV, is driving me to frustration. I imitate the guy.

"If you have a problem with addiction, you need to call The Addiction Network NOW!!!!!!!!"
I don't think a fake doctor will have any luck ordering any addicts to rehab. Maybe a Judge when door number 2 is attached to a prison cell.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 4:59pm
I've been seeing this more and more lately. And it the version with sad Eeyore / Dumbo hybrid at the end blaming his parents not having insurance to help his sorry a** The version of the shady dcotor yelling at me "NOW" is now gone.

Speaking of BS rehabs, I haven't seen the Shady Pax Prentiss ads for his resort anymore.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 6:34pm
^There is indeed a new Passages:Malibu commercial with Pax Prentiss either looking more his age, or maybe a lot more burned out.
MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 8:47am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

i despise this jug eared moron......Angry
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by MrPink MrPink wrote:

i despise this jug eared moron......Angry
DisapproveDon't hate - rehabilitate! Otherwise, the baby JZ ain't gonna love ya. How do we know YOUR parents have good insurance? What were/are YOU addicted to? Come on now! Tell the truth - it's a lot less painful. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic