Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Odd Dreams and Unexplained Happenings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Strange song.  It's been covered by a lotta artists---Tim Buckley, ? and the Mysterians, Pentangle, Judy Collins and others.  My favorite is by The Great Society.

The original version is kind of interesting. Definitely has strong lesbian overtones. Or undertones.

But that Grace Slick version is just awful!!!!

She has a reasonably decent voice I guess, but what she does with it in that song just doesn't work.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 9:11pm
Slick had more of a powerful voice than a great voice.  She didn't use that power in the live recordings from the Matrix (a club in SF back in the olden days).  The place was a converted pizzeria, so loud and powerful probably wouldn't have worked in such a small club environment.  And I don't think the Great Society ever had any studio recordings.

But I like the way she sings it.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 5:53am
hmmmmm....
Had another one of those 'cockroach dreams' - never have talked much about these but I started having them after having seen two roaches walking side-by-side. One had a limp that made it raise its right-hind-side every 3rd step.
For some reason, they both stopped and the one with the limp turned and looked at me.
"Look Ralph! It's PaW! Hi PaW, how ya doin'? Thanks for leaving snackies laying around last night - we had a feast and are trying to walk a bit of it off while the girls are at home, laying eggs...they said to say 'Hi', also..."
"...duhhhh...that's just great, Norton - take care of 'dem babies now, doncha know...", says a dumbed-down version of me. 
The other roach sort of kicked my greeter, "Let's go, Norton! Leave PaW alone before the idiot accidentally steps on us...". They turned away and they walk-limped off into oblivion as I wondered
if I'd ever see them again.
Tonight, I think I saw a spider eating Norton, who was trapped in its web.
~~~
...just woke up with indigestion and a really dry mouth that feels like an army marched through it, but nothing a glass of water, a few antacids and probably some potato chips won't cure...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 7:34pm
Even though I had a restless night, interupted several times, I still had some very vivid and strange dreams.
The first one was located on the north side of Indy, Zionsville to be exact.
I dated a girl who lived in that area.
I remember that I was driving this high performance go-kart on city streets.
It wasn't long until law enforcement was hot on my trail.
To evade them I put the go-kart on my back and started walking through these high end condos, people were saying..."Hey, what are you doing in my house"!

I ditched the go-kart and talked my way out of being held by the people who were chasing me.
Then I was trying to walk, in the dark, through a dense forest and trying to find a landmark I could recognize. I knew I was only about 3 miles from where I grew up, even closer to the house where my girlfriend lived with her parents. I finally made it to a store that may still be there, I didn't even have a dime for a pay phone. Do those even still exist?

Secondly, after cooling off our room. Mama is still up also working on her hobby.
I take a shot of Zquil and here comes another weird dream.
Back at one of my old workplaces, I am trying to get this new generator working for my boss.

There is no oil in the engine, I find some oil but I can't read the lable.
A bunch of f*cking around and I choose an oil that is consistent with motor oil.
The fuel valve was shut off but I finally got it running. Confused

Oh!  I'm wearing my Santa shorts today. Big smile

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 8:19pm
LOL...one of my favorite shows - Carbonaro will pull off a trick now and then that assures you will dream about what you think you saw and heard.
I just saw the below - I'm damaged and will have impacted dreams, now.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 7:16pm
I'm not sure why I am having such vivid and memoral dreams. Last night I was back at one of my old workplaces.
I must be getting into a good, deep REM sleep mode.

We were having electrical problems in the maintenance building that I, after some schooling from an experienced electrician, did ALL of the wiring during construction. The buildings were all simple pole barns.

I ran into one of the doors with a tractor, there were no brakes. I was trying to read the manual, so I could repair the brakes, but the lights didn't work. It turns out some rodents had been working on some of the wires. It's just weird and I woke up talking in my sleep too.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 6:23am
Been having dreams of driving around in my first car (a '70 Plymouth.)  It's in a lot worse shape, but it runs & we drive to and from various parts in the dreamscape (can't remember much of that, but it's almost always night.)  I think the car enjoys it, too...  Smile
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 6:20am
One of the nicer dreams I had (just last night) was being in the dreamscape high school I sometimes find myself attending,  and cutting school early to attend a classmate's impromptu wedding.  Only close friends were invited (of which I was happy to be one Smile, even though I can only remember that they weren't any of the kids I went to school with in RL.)
If somebody ever invents a VCR/DVD to record & play back dreams, they'll be filthy rich overnight...  LOL
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 3:55am

The other night I found myself in the dream world department store I seem to "work" in sometimes (still waiting to be paid Angry ).  Can't remember most of what happened, but the first dream ended and the next was the "sequel".  Caught up with the store and assistant managers & they were really happy with the Ninja Invisibility Suits they'd grabbed off the shelves (because they actually worked LOL ).  The impression I got was that they didn't want to be bothered by the employees & customers.  Then I woke up (and wanted one of those NIS's... LOL )

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 4:28am

Sometimes one can only wish it was a dream...Friday was a very, very 'different', even surreal, day - and I'm still reeling.

Things seemed just...'off' (no better way to explain it) from about 3 A.M. and I'm still reeling from Friday afternoon, about 4 PM...have NO idea of 'lost time' on I-81 for 34 miles. I saw mile marker 307, blinked my eyes, and saw mile marker 273...then, after deciding to take 'the back roads'...I ended up around here (actually, right beyond the bottom left corner, where a bridge crosses the stream) 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 4:42am
Where the hellya been, Pa????

Been wondering...

Welcome back!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 5:12am
Not trying to be spooky or mystical, but I am trying to figure out portions of the last few weeks, Jimbo. Life seems to be changing a bit.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 5:24pm
Well, at least we know you were here, ^ yesterday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic