Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shriner's Hospital...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 8:44am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Hate to say it, but that kid really, really looks like Chumlee, from Pawn Stars...

I don't know that Chumlee, but there's this one from Tennessee Tuxedo (and he does kinda look like him):

Sponsored Links

the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 1:36pm

Hate to say it, but that kid really, really looks like Chumlee, from Pawn Stars...

LOL Never would have made the connection on my own, but I can certainly see the resemblance.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 8:48pm
TNIP - I see you posted this pic of the Shriner Baby...you forgot the Shriner Daddy - not to worry! I saved you!  

Daddy Chumlee, from 'Pawn Stars' 
Image result for pawn stars chumlee photos
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 8:49pm

Are you implying Chumlee has not been neutered? Thanks for my future nightmares.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 8:54pm
If you watch Pawn Stars, you are an idiot!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 9:18pm
^^^How about 'American Pickers'? Would that be for idiots, also? Just curious...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 9:21pm
I shouldn't judge...I will soon be away from all of these cable shows.

I don't like that Rick f*cker and his fancy blades.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 3:21am
I love the one where the young little girl towards the end says "Thank you for gibbing
Gibbing?
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I don't know that Chumlee, but there's this one from Tennessee Tuxedo (and he does kinda look like him):

Talk about a blast from the past. T. Tuxedo was one of my many Saturday go to cartoons. One of the funniest was poor Chumlee had dental funk and was scared sh*tless of the dentist. And the zoo keeper Mr. Whoopee. Double Entendre. They don't make them like that anymore. Everything today is screeching guitar sh*t music, retarded super heroes and too damn PC.

I approve this message.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 11:25pm
^  Then you probably remember other forgotten cartoons of the era---Breezely Bruin, Magilla Gorilla and Wally Gator.

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 12:42am
The Shriner's spokesperson resembles Mason Reese. Anyone who watched TV in the early 70's saw this cherubic male gnome on Underwood Devil Ham and other commercials.
I approve this message.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 12:47am

^  Then you probably remember other forgotten cartoons of the era---Breezely Bruin, Magilla Gorilla and Wally Gator.

Sinbad the Sailor, Underdog, Dick Tracy (One of the most UN PC cartoons from that era), Mighty Mouse, The Beagles, Crash Cup Clyde, Leonardo and Odie Calogne to name a few.
I approve this message.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 9:43am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

The Shriner's spokesperson resembles Mason Reese. Anyone who watched TV in the early 70's saw this cherubic male gnome on Underwood Devil Ham and other commercials.

LOL  OMG, you're right!  I don't see the pics you posted, but I remember him.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 5:11pm

Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

LOL  OMG, you're right!  I don't see the pics you posted, but I remember him.

ConfusedWow...once I looked up 'Mason Reese', I recalled seeing him as a kid in assorted commercials. Had no idea he simply grew into a fat female version of itself.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 7:53pm
If you Google image search him, there's this picture of him with a group of other people, probably in Central Park, the one on the far left being Andy Warhol.

ILUVTOMH77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILUVTOMH77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 6:39pm
I don't mind the Shriner's Hospital commercials, because at least it shows the good works the hospital has done, unlike St. Jude that focuses on the blubbering parents begging for us ingrates to donate.
Chevy commercials that feature annoying hipsters make me NOT want to ever buy a Chevy......
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by ILUVTOMH77 ILUVTOMH77 wrote:

I don't mind the Shriner's Hospital commercials, because at least it shows the good works the hospital has done, unlike St. Jude that focuses on the blubbering parents begging for us ingrates to donate.
WinkProbably a good thing YOU were not given the opportunity to be one of those parents, or did you hold a 'My Pillow' over your cancer-ridden child's face and collect the insurance money?
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 12:05am
I am touched emotionally by these ads, and I did contribute money to them. The Shriners are a very decent organisation, very like the Freemasons. They prefer to remain anonymous, and I find that to be tremendously honourable.
The little chap in the wheel chair resembles the actor Barry Gordon, when Barry was a child actor. I think that little lad could probably find work as an actor, or perhaps a voice actor.
Those children are awesome, and I admire their spirit at facing physical challenges at such a young age. They may be different, but they are still children, and they need our respect and love.
One man gathers what another man spills
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 1:17am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

If you Google image search him, there's this picture of him with a group of other people, probably in Central Park, the one on the far left being Andy Warhol.

Looks a little like Al Sharpton on the far right?

No, the other far right.  :)

The woman next to "him" looks familiar too, but I can't place the name.  (?)

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Looks a little like Al Sharpton on the far right?

No, the other far right.  :)

The woman next to "him" looks familiar too, but I can't place the name.  (?)

Confused<bzzzt! WRONG!!!> 'Grace Jones' is INCORRECT and NOT the 'woman' next to Warhol. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic