Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shriner's Hospital...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 1:13am
What a feel-good happy ending!!
Seriously.
Sponsored Links

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:29am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Looks like HE did as he appears a little 'fattened up' and energetic.

He got some extra nutrition but not from his cut off deformed parts. The elitist gourmands flambayed it with some fancy wine and garnished with caviar. Instead our young fellow got many injections of man meat posterior up where the sun don't shine. Those same elites  who flambayed his cut off deformed parts also get into special activities with those youngsters. Sort of like Eyes Wide Shut.
I approve this message.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:42am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Looks like HE did as he appears a little 'fattened up' and energetic.

He got some extra nutrition but not from his cut off deformed parts. The elitist gourmands flambayed it with some fancy wine and garnished with caviar. Instead our young fellow got many injections of man meat posterior up where the sun don't shine. Those same elites  who flambayed his cut off deformed parts also get into special activities with those youngsters. Sort of like Eyes Wide Shut.
That's baloney, zj!
In poorer social settings, all do their parts to ensure everyone gets fed. They make 'community stews', you might say - and when they can get some 'soup bones', toss in some veggies & insects! VoilĂ !
Let's just say little Rasheed donated his time, and maybe did his part, or at least ate some of it.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:45am
^ Complete with a side of fava beans, and a nice chianti.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:51am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

^ Complete with a side of fava beans, and a nice chianti.

Evil SmileI'll see your 'Silence of the Lambs' and raise you one 'Criminal Minds'!
WinkNow THERE is your 'feel good ending'!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 4:14am
I hate fava beans and chianti!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 5:57am
^Ya like 'chili' there, big feller?Big smileLOLWink
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 5:59am
Quote On a lighter note, the kid in the picture had an operation in 2010 and had the thing removed. Aside from a bit of a scar, he looks normal now.

And happy that he only has to wipe one butt now instead of two...  LOL

RE: The two-headed girl

Betting that on any date, the guy asks them to make out with each other...  Shocked
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 6:08am
^Problem there is when you're busy with one and the other gets jealous - what do you do? carry an extra sock to put in the 'lonely one's' mouth? Or do you lie and tell one you're doing her, when you're actually not-so-secretly doing her sister? What if you fall in love with one but can't stand the other?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 1:51pm
There's probably a guy with two schlongs out there somewhere who would make a good match for her/them.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

There's probably a guy with two schlongs out there somewhere who would make a good match for her/them.

Edward Penishands comes to mind.

These girls could write a whole new chapter for the Kama Sutra.
Instead of the "69" position, it would be more like 2 + 10Log(1.5 x 0.158^2)-126.76. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 12:50am
I remember coming to the U.S. of Americo and seeing my first large parade - what caught me off-guard were the Shriners in their fancy-dandy cars. Driving one of these one fine day is on my 'Bucket List'. I'd do it for charity, even.
Shriners mini-car Editorial Image
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 1:04am

I remember coming to the U.S. of Americo and seeing my first large parade - what caught me off-guard were the Shriners in their fancy-dandy cars. Driving one of these one fine day is on my 'Bucket List'. I'd do it for charity, even.
Shriners mini-car Editorial Image

I'd be more than happy to drive a ride like this but, I insist my wheels have those big haired naked chick mud flaps, and Grumpy Cat and Hello Kitty on the side with raised rear tires and tricked out muffler. Throw in the curb feelers and lanterns and big white plastic rims on the tires and I'm zippyjetting along.
I approve this message.
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 11:31pm
Back to the topic at hand...

While I totally, honestly feel for the needs of these kids (or pets, for the animal commercials) and the hospitals, etc (as I'm sure most everyone does), it IS true that these commericals tend to foster negative reactions. Maybe it is because they purposely play on our guilt. Maybe it's because the kids are, in a very real way, being used as victims and pawns in order to make a convincingly moving commercial. 

Or maybe because they're always so damn LONG. 30 seconds of this would be plenty. But they always feel like they drag on for hours. It's counterproductive, IMO. 

And not to be hard on the kids, who have wonderfully survived absolutely impossible lives to this point - but couldn't they have coached the "I can play basketball" kid to sound like he was just the least bit happy about that fact? It sounds like he's been forced to be on the team, for god's sake. 

At least that skeevy guy with the scraggly white hair who used to do the Children's Fund commercial seems to be gone. 

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 5:02am
True, the old guy for Christian Children's Fund seemed to fall off the face of the Earth.
Same thing happened to Sally Struthers. 

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 8:59am
"Fall off the face of the earth"???  It's possible that Struthers fell through the face of the earth.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

True, the old guy for Christian Children's Fund seemed to fall off the face of the Earth.
Same thing happened to Sally Struthers. 

They were eaten alive by the very lives they were trying to save!
True story.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 9:10pm
Sally Struthers ORBITS the earth!
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
cheesenado View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesenado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 11:23pm
Quote I have an issue with the fact that a woman born with no arms, who knew fully well that if she had a child he or she would more than likely have the same disability, still chose to get pregnant and birth a child kniwing he would suffer a lifetime of hardship, just as she had to. She admits her problems were insurmountable as a child. Prosthetic arms she could not deal with, Etc. So why ever have a child and force him to also go through all that pain? Very selfish! 

I thought the same thing. If I knew I had an overwhelmingly high chance of having a kid with a severe disability, I would rather not have a child at all than have to watch him or her suffer and not have a "normal" life. Unhappy
Amanda0328 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda0328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 3:08am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

More stuff to make you feel like a turd. Not as bad as the weep fests for St. Jude's. They even have Captain Sully as a spokesman. Not to be cold hearted but, with Isis, scary clowns (Hillary and Trump) and fascist Political Correctness and the Kartrashians. We need these like a bad case of the Hershey Squirts (diarrhea). Throw in those animal abuse commercials and holy sh*t.
This post made me loose my sh*t...Too funny!!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 3:48pm
The holiday ads were painful.

They should bring back the Flintstone Shriners ad. 
Yabba Dabba Do It!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by cheesenado cheesenado wrote:

Quote I have an issue with the fact that a woman born with no arms, who knew fully well that if she had a child he or she would more than likely have the same disability, still chose to get pregnant and birth a child kniwing he would suffer a lifetime of hardship, just as she had to. She admits her problems were insurmountable as a child. Prosthetic arms she could not deal with, Etc. So why ever have a child and force him to also go through all that pain? Very selfish! 

I thought the same thing. If I knew I had an overwhelmingly high chance of having a kid with a severe disability, I would rather not have a child at all than have to watch him or her suffer and not have a "normal" life. Unhappy
ConfusedThe Inquiring Mindless NEED TO KNOW!: 'Passing Disabilities Through Generations' - I never studied such and I haven't looked it up, so just out of curiosity, is that true? If so, then I'm really curious about something I'll never be able to get an answer to: My late sister's husband was born with 1 (one) testicle. They only had one child - a daughter. This leave 'Uncle PaW' wondering if they would have ever had a son, what are the chances HE would have had only 1 nut? And what about my niece? When SHE decides to procreate and has a little gentleman, what chance is there HE could come up shortchanged? 

Wink
One has to wonder if you never started out with arms or hands and learned to live your life, was there a disability? I know, almost everything requires the ability to touch, reach, grab, pull, but I've seen one guy do it with his legs & feet and I saw an article in Canada about an auto driver who lost his license for some reason, but he had no arms or hands, yet the photo showed him in a pickup truck. The long of it - people adapt and can do these things - we all know it is true, but some of us either need a picture to believe what they read or think what was done was selfish and cruel.
How do blind make it? Lots of interesting ways, when looked into. And, at least if they were born blind, most would not be racist (<---interesting findings), eh? There's always a chance, but humans find a way to survive in manageable ways - some better than others. Maybe only the best of those should be allowed to take on the opportunities of child-rearing and leading families, doncha know.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 2:48am
^
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 5:52am
I think the kid's positive attitude is really admirable. I don't "hate" these commercials... But they do bum me the hell out. These and the ASPCA ads. I always end up turning away or changing the channel. I can't get too frustrated over them, though, because I know they probably do a lot of good (financially) in the long run, and I believe the money goes to worthy causes. So I can live with the guilt tripping, whether I give money or not.

As much as I tolerate them, I still try to avoid these ads full of freezing puppies and crippled children whenever possible. I just wanna watch Three's Company. I don't wanna to deal with these feelings right now! Dead
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 6:01am
Hate to say it, but that kid really, really looks like Chumlee, from Pawn Stars...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic