Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hershey's- My Dad 'Higher Love' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hershey's- My Dad 'Higher Love' (video)
    Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 12:27pm
Sorry, that I could not find a shorter version, todays adholes are lazy f*cks.
Another good old song is ruined.

Edit: After looking into it a little more...

The spot is beautifully done, from the casting (both dad and daughter are perfectly quirky) to the brooding cinematography to the music—a version of "Higher Love" that Steve Winwood recorded with his daughter Lilly.

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 6:27pm
This version is so somber, why does today's music covers have to be so depressing?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 7:25pm
Was the daughter supposed to be vaguely transgender-like?   I got a butch vibe off her.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Sorry, that I could not find a shorter version, todays adholes are lazy f*cks.
Another good old song is ruined.

Edit: After looking into it a little more...

The spot is beautifully done, from the casting (both dad and daughter are perfectly quirky) to the brooding cinematography to the music—a version of "Higher Love" that Steve Winwood recorded with his daughter Lilly.

Hey, I got an idea...
Let's dig into my iTunes folder and write a new commercial.  (Product doesn't matter.)

Pure genius!!  DeadDeadDeadDead
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 1:14am
Steve Winwood's daughter's voice sucks!  Just putting that out there!  And what a sweet way to kick-start your singing career!  Jeez!
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 11:25pm
Hooo-lyyyy sh*t I hate this ad. Hershey just went down the alternative checklist with this one. Single dad? Check. Androgynous child? Check. Child looks nothing like parent? Check. Child wears old fashioned clothing no child would ever actually wear? Check.

Ugh there's nothing heartwarming about this by the numbers abomination. Like you're f**king telling me that daddy can't have smores AFTER THE GOD DAMN MEETING? Something tells me he isn't at work or in meeting all day long, and if he is then maybe she should be grateful her dad works so hard to make sure she has a roof over her head and money to buy overpriced vintage sweaters from the local hipster store. Also are you telling me his coworkers can't tell he's an UNBLINKING CARDBOARD CUT OUT?! Losing his job over his stupid tomboy daughter being a needy smores hungry bitch is not ok.

Lastly, I hate this breathy singing style, too cutesy and nauseating.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Tully Blanchard Tully Blanchard wrote:

Was the daughter supposed to be vaguely transgender-like?   I got a butch vibe off her.
I was thinking the same thing. Very pre-butch. A hipsterette in training whether she decides to go the traditional "breeder route," gay or TG. Where's her "Hillary or Bernie" campaign buttons? When she's of age she will probably let her pit, leg and fertile triangle hair grow like weeds, go to Costa Rica with her hipster and hippie friends to hike and check out the almost extinct yellow bellied sap suckling, pot belly piggoat. And they'll sport their natural scents as bathing is very optional.

Regarding the cover version of the song. Not the greatest but not the worst. At least the singer doesn't have that warbly hipster draggy voice like in that diploma U of Ph commercial. The millenials seem to like somber things, extreme political correctness but snarky interpersonal skills and lack of respect for others. They are living the life of dreams and embracing Apple, the globalist adjenda and are probably in mourning that Toyota finally redesigned their fugly Prius into somehting that looks more like a normal car instead of a saussage stubbed turd on wheels. Regarding the TG look, not all girls with that butch chopped hairdo keep it thank goodness an example:

Very feminine and beguiling, those shapely legs and especially the second picture where she has a bob hairstyle. The girl in the Hershey Squirt commercial has the potential to look hot if she does not go the hippie/hipster route and lets her hair grow a bit.

I approve this message.
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Ugh there's nothing heartwarming about this by the numbers abomination. Like you're f**king telling me that daddy can't have smores AFTER THE GOD DAMN MEETING? Something tells me he isn't at work or in meeting all day long, and if he is then maybe she should be grateful her dad works so hard to make sure she has a roof over her head and money to buy overpriced vintage sweaters from the local hipster store. Also are you telling me his coworkers can't tell he's an UNBLINKING CARDBOARD CUT OUT?! Losing his job over his stupid tomboy daughter being a needy smores hungry bitch is not ok.

Yes!  I watched it again.  How does this snappy, "capable" and extremely self-assured child manage to stomp all around town by her, deal with any number of interfering people, manage a trip to the printer and the grocery store - and yet she can't make herself a goddamned s'more treat?  That's one of those things that anyone - drunk or sober, sleepy or awake,  child or adult - can make.  Just push a damn button on the microwave in your very-well-appointed house, child!!

And two extremely irritating additional things are the Big Eye Roll at 20 seconds - oh, adults are SO ridiculous!! - and her kicking the gate open upon her return home.  Kid can't cook a s'more, let's see her put the gate back on its hinges.    

CapeCat
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 3:44am
^ Should have read,  "by herself"
CapeCat
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 6:18pm
^LOLLOL

I love a good rant, you are so not 'out of order!'
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 1:12pm
Who makes a s'more outside of a campfire anyway?
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 2:06pm
Not me. Not us. They don't taste the same with no fire. And Mr cardboard cutout,  you're not fooling anyone. YOU'RE FIRED!
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 7:06pm
The millenials seem to like somber things, extreme political correctness but snarky interpersonal skills and lack of respect for others. They are living the life of dreams and embracing Apple, the globalist adjenda and are probably in mourning that Toyota finally redesigned their fugly Prius into somehting that looks more like a normal car instead of a saussage stubbed turd on wheels.

LOL
I couldn't have put it better myself!!! You are so right!! It's really really sad when you think about what kind of people these "millenials" are.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 8:35pm

LOL
I couldn't have put it better myself!!! You are so right!! It's really really sad when you think about what kind of people these "millenials" are.

Thank you for the endorsement! Of course a lot of their plight (Millenials) stem from my generation the Baby Boomers spoiling them, helicopter parenting, for the less fortunate single parenthood where the baby daddy is not married to the kid's mother. My generation made great strides in terms of being more tolerant of those different from us but also took major steps backward embracing the substance abuse and entitlement culture. The Millenials for better or for WORSE started off their journey to Political Correctness, globilism and Koom Ba Ya with programming such as Sessame Street. Hopefully at least with extreme Political Correctness and having kids out of wedlock the pendjulim will swing back the other way to a more moderate reasonable stance. Wink

I approve this message.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 8:38pm
I approve this message.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic