Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

University of Phoenix-More Than Brains

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Eh, I found out who actually signs this pile of crap. Some girl going by the hip one word name "Roarke"
One of those YouTubers - like Justin Bieber, that Megan Trainer artist, etc - that's trying to spawn a career.

https://www.youtube.com/c/roarke

Nothing original on her page, covers of Radiohead, Nirvana, Adele, John Lennon..........
.....destroyed by that insipid voice!

Dead 

Oh, DEAR God, this is icepicks-in-both-ears horrible!!  I had to watch the video,  since you did go through the trouble of finding it, in all its quick-cut, "hey look, here's a metaphor!  A visual metaphor!!!" film-school glory...and when this wannabe, drugged-looking youngster dragged the chair  around the trees, I was wondering, what the hell is this?  Did she bring a rope along also,  with thoughts of putting herself out of her misery? 

No such luck.  She lives another day, to warble another ruination of a classic song.   Confused
CapeCat
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 12:25am
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Eh, I found out who actually signs this pile of crap. Some girl going by the hip one word name "Roarke"
One of those YouTubers - like Justin Bieber, that Megan Trainer artist, etc - that's trying to spawn a career.

https://www.youtube.com/c/roarke

Nothing original on her page, covers of Radiohead, Nirvana, Adele, John Lennon..........
.....destroyed by that insipid voice!

Dead 

Oh, DEAR God, this is icepicks-in-both-ears horrible!!  I had to watch the video,  since you did go through the trouble of finding it, in all its quick-cut, "hey look, here's a metaphor!  A visual metaphor!!!" film-school glory...and when this wannabe, drugged-looking youngster dragged the chair  around the trees, I was wondering, what the hell is this?  Did she bring a rope along also,  with thoughts of putting herself out of her misery? 

No such luck.  She lives another day, to warble another ruination of a classic song.   Confused
Disapprove...I'm thinking she/it may have a future working with the Japanese Tourism Board. She could sing songs and attract visitors to Aokigahara Forest, doncha know...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 2:16am
She can't lose.  It only cost about ten bucks to make that video.  Anything she make off of it is 100 percent profit.
sb71 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sb71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 3:56am
Oh God, that is just.....awful. She sounds like a poor man's Adele....whom I also cannot tolerate. Wow...can't unhear that musical abortion of a Nirvana classic.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 3:01pm
she looks ..and sounds. lobotomized.

shes the ADAM LISAGOR of singers
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 3:04pm
so she savages the songs of others in her 'naive' style--ooh how COOL

no doubt she works cheap-or FREE
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 5:50pm
I'm still trying to figure out what rocket scientist told this roach scrotum she had any talent.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out what rocket scientist told this roach scrotum she had any talent.

Ah, that's where you're mistaken !!
Actual talent doesn't matter anymore.  (Evidence: today's top-40 charts!)

There are three distinct impressions this leaves:
1)  Voice?  Instantly forgettable. 
2)  She's anemic and probably needs more iron in her diet. 
3)  Speaking of diet, chubby-cheeks could do with fewer Ho-Ho's and Ding-Dongs.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 6:10pm
Vocal Fry to the max! Use your diaphragm lady, that's how you sing for real!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 7:42pm
After re-watching the video I'm left with only one thought...
Is this bitch RETARDED?

PLEASE DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN, MAKE THIS STOP!!!!!!! 
MAKE HER GO AWAY!!!!!
The paint is peeling off my walls.
The neighborhood dogs are howling
All my windows are cracked
All the birds in the area are dead
I'm about to tear my ears off!!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 6:36pm
I saw the original U of P commercial just a little while ago, I thought they made a new one with the same terrible singing. I couldn't find a new one.

Let's go back in time people...(1939) What a great musical composition!  Even children today love it.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 6:49pm
University of Phoenix Tries to Hush Haters With a Wry Rendition of 'If I Only Had a Brain' Beleaguered school attempts to change the conversationBy Gabriel Beltrone
After a brutal few years, the University of Phoenix is ready to rise from the ashes.

The largely online, for-profit school is trying to turn its struggling business around—while fighting negative perceptions of its programs—with a glossy ad blitz, one of its historic strengths. The centerpiece TV ad in the campaign, from 180LA, repurposes the classic Wizard of Oz tune "If I Only Had a Brain" (originally performed by an incredibly goofy scarecrow). The school's version, "More Than Brains," is a paean to the perseverance and intelligence of its students.

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/university-phoenix-tries-hush-haters-wry-rendition-if-i-only-had-brain-169663

< method=post ="">< name=email value="Your email address" AUTOCOMPLETE="OFF">< value="Sign up" =submit>
< title="recaptcha widget" role=presentation height=78 ="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api2/anchor?k=6Le7iSgTAAAAAPbOhVMvQjR4znvzmpzfcEhy-Vn5&co=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHdlZWsuY29tOjgw&hl=en&v=r20161129121007&size=normal&cb=krwhtatgh4v" Border=0 width=304 name=undefined scrolling=no>
< style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb193,193,193 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: rgb193,193,193 1px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 10px 25px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 250px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: none; HEIGHT: 40px; BORDER-TOP: rgb193,193,193 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: rgb193,193,193 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 0px; resize: none" id=g-recaptcha-response =g-recaptcha-response name=g-recaptcha-response>

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 1:58am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I saw the original U of P commercial just a little while ago, I thought they made a new one with the same terrible singing. I couldn't find a new one.

Let's go back in time people...(1939) What a great musical composition!  Even children today love it.

One of my favorite covers (in case you've never heard of Tuck Andress).
At about 2:30, you have to remind yourself this is solo guitar.  Smile

Ditto for his cover of "Man in the Mirror".

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 8:59pm
I left this playing on TV. What a big mistake! Boy what a terrible rendition. Hope I never witness this again!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 3:23am
This ad is still showing somewhere? I havent seen it in ages
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

It's back on commercial rotation. I guess, it really wants to be the worst of 2016 for commercials. And I guess the diploma mill figures now that the hipster's/millennial candidate Hillary the Cow lost the election a lot of them may flock to this diploma mill to get another piece of paper. They are getting tired of living in mommy and daddy's basement. I wouldn't be surprised if Crapper Apple brings back I'm Living the Life of Dreams commercial.
I approve this message.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 12:04am

Here she is in all her hipsterette/millennial mediocrity glory. She looks like she could use a shower or bath. Probably warbling in protest that her main man Bernie flamed out. If she gets traction on her career, she'll probably get an agent, lawyer and tart herself up to appeal to the masses.
I approve this message.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 1:01am
I HATE ripped jeans! Get a NEW PAIR LADY!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

On some girls, they look hot. This hipsterette warbler has a nice body but butterface and she looks like her last shower was accompanied by thunder and lightening!
I approve this message.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 3:18am
Ah, I see what's going on here! I think they're trying to create a neo-1970s vibe like the old now faded photographs of the singers on vinyl! Sadly it's hipsters it's what they do!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

the most brilliant marketing ploy EVAH..convince idiots that 'rips' are cool and sell them jeans with a fraction of wear life that the uncool INTACT jeans have...its a nefarious gimmick but u have to applaud the apparel people for some really amazing snake oil

and yeah, within an hour after posting about this ad not being on..it erupted flatulently on my tv.

On some girls, they look hot. This hipsterette warbler has a nice body but butterface and she looks like her last shower was accompanied by thunder and lightening!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

One of my favorite covers (in case you've never heard of Tuck Andress).
At about 2:30, you have to remind yourself this is solo guitar.  Smile

Ditto for his cover of "Man in the Mirror".

I'm impressed, what an unusual sound and style. I tweaked the code on your first video because I could not view it.
I would love to see him playing live, in a video. Is that some sort of special 12 string or double neck guitar?
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 7:07pm

It is! I had to hit the bathroom last night, TV on in the other room and I heard it.
Could not f'ing believe they are polluting the channels with this sh*t again!

MEllis72 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MEllis72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 6:36pm
Agreed.  Univ Phoenix etal are businesses, not schools.  The ads are there to draw the naive with the "easy" "Team" environment that is, "Best suited for todays business world" Total Joke.
Jeffc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 5:10pm
lol.. The university of Pheonix, what a joke! not really recognized as an accredited degree to most HR depts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic