Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

University of Phoenix-More Than Brains

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 3:11am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Can adtards please understand that the breathy Charline Yi -esque vocals are not relevant anymore? Stop f**king telling me about needing a brain because anyone with a brain would know better than to take classes from the degree mill of Phoenix. How about we just stop all the AY YO YOU WANT A BETTER PAYING JOB? GET TO COLLEGE! I'm sorry but college is not a one way ticket to mo' money, trust me. The less people we have diluting my degree the better.
Especially those diluting your degree with an 8 week certificate of completion from these pseudo "universities". Unfortunately now days with the exception of selective fields a general degree plus $1.95 will get you a cup of coffee at Denny's or a night shift manager position (salaried and working twice the hours for a few dollars more than a counter clerk) in fast food. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 2:53pm
me too..the second those snarky warbles comes on the volume is DOWN--and this has spawned a new renaissance in EXTRA MUTOLOGY in this casa
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I felt like crap before I watched that and now I feel worse...

LOL
I hear you. I'm currently trying to upgrade my professional status and things like this don't help
Joe Minx View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Minx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 4:57am
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

Not only that, but the attitude of some of the "students" in the ad is so damn off-putting.  OK kids...I get it that you're working AND studying at the same time.  Lots of us did, with no fanfare...and did so without giving the stink-eye to our employers, or  wagging the " F-off, go away" hand to the poor tired security guard  trying to close the library...(don't get me started about the public breast-feeding scene ConfusedConfused).  As a potential employer, I certainly would not appreciate the snark attitude that "you'd hire ME if YOU had a brain".  Add the thoroughly awful, completely gutted and utterly misinterpreted rendition of a classic song, and this ad is already in the running for worst of the year.

You just summarized the entire hipster generation to a tee.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

I just saw the epic LONGER version of this and..much MUCH worse. Even more affected dramatic squawking...ugh!!

It's absolutely horrible isn't it? The 30 second ad is pretty unbearable but every once in a while - like last night - they air the super extended version of this POS. 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 5:05pm

Can adtards please understand that the breathy Charline Yi -esque vocals are not relevant anymore?

Good comparison, that voice was the exact reason why I could not take stand her mousey, whiny character on "House M.D."

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 8:56pm
HA i thought she was pretty great on House but that still doesnt excuse this excrement...this is far from the only ad that uses this overdone 'amateur' voice strategy and deconstruction of old songs, but  its head and shoulders tHE WORST
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 1:51am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Can adtards please understand that the breathy Charline Yi -esque vocals are not relevant anymore?

Good comparison, that voice was the exact reason why I could not take stand her mousey, whiny character on "House M.D."

This snarky hipster bitch should take that cancer stick light it and stick it up her cookie or her unwiped a-hole! I don't know if she is the singer but, she comes across as another millenial entitled beeitch. Though the country is already f*d up God help us when Congress starts getting infested with millenial politivsl crooks and when we elect the first millenial POTUS... I'll admit my generation the baby boomers started all this devolution to mediocrity, vapidity and nastiness but the millenials have taken the reins and are speeding their way on the road to hell with selfish intentions. I know most here are millenials but I'm not impressed with this generation's appetite for political correctness, open borders, hipsters and lack of manors and courtesy.
I approve this message.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 6:37am
I never knew about this till I listened to Howard Stern several weeks ago. "The Vocal Fry." Where women vibrate their voice. Especially with hipster singers like I'm Living The Life of Dreams and this horrible U of Phoenix commercial. Thought we were done with this campaign but just when I thought it was safe (not hearing commercial for weekd) I heard it yesterday. Check out the link about Vocal Fry.

I approve this message.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 8:54pm
ahh howard..i wish he were back on normal radio--he made my morning commute far more tolerable
of course, I no longer DO my morning commute as I no longer have my pre-recession JOB

gracias, DUBYA

and yes the fry is utterly despicable..so is this pitch challenged 'so natural' singin' affectation
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

I never knew about this till I listened to Howard Stern several weeks ago. "The Vocal Fry." Where women vibrate their voice. Especially with hipster singers like I'm Living The Life of Dreams and this horrible U of Phoenix commercial. Thought we were done with this campaign but just when I thought it was safe (not hearing commercial for weekd) I heard it yesterday. Check out the link about Vocal Fry.

That is so spot on! 8min 40sec mark "I caaaame in with waaaalls up" 

It is a 'thing' a horrible annoying thing. Upbeat and then the tone drops to this dragging croaky voice..almost slow like they downed 3 Xaxax's  My god, I couldn't handle that! I was about 11, 12 when that whole Valley Girl talk was popular, that song from Zappa and I recall that kind of talk was f'ing unbearable!

SqaurePeg61 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SqaurePeg61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

So this commercial is pretty much saying that if you don't get hired, it's because the boss or hiring manager don't have a brain. Not that your resume sucked or don't have the experience, no. It's because they are the ones without a brain.

Bingo!  You just nailed the most annoying part of this ad, as far as I'm concerned.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 10:28pm
and so it IMMEDIATELY appears --the duck face looker and the FU to the security guard
are possibly as annoying as Squawky McHipsters WARBLIN
StoningtonQB View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote StoningtonQB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 2:43am
There's not a whole lot of commercials that REALLY piss me off, but every time this commercial comes on I just want to CHOKE this b*tch and everyone who had a hand in producing this commercial! Even the Buick ads aren't this bad. I HATE THIS COMMERCIAL! I hate it so bad I joined this forum because I hate it so much. Hate is not even a strong enough word. So glad I graduated from someplace ELSE.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 3:43am
Originally posted by SqaurePeg61 SqaurePeg61 wrote:

Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

So this commercial is pretty much saying that if you don't get hired, it's because the boss or hiring manager don't have a brain. Not that your resume sucked or don't have the experience, no. It's because they are the ones without a brain.

Bingo!  You just nailed the most annoying part of this ad, as far as I'm concerned.
They tend to advance to their highest level of incompetence.Wink
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 5:08am
Yeah, And how many ditch out after all that time.Unhappy
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Adznem Adznem wrote:

Yeah, And how many ditch out after all that time.Unhappy
I think you're addressing the ones who are set-up with good money and retirement who go for the greener grass. Of course I could be wrong.
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 9:45pm
Are women as oppressed as this ad leads me to believe?
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 11:12pm

and so it IMMEDIATELY appears --the duck face looker and the FU to the security guard
are possibly as annoying as Squawky McHipsters WARBLIN
Duck face looker? Nothing wrong with having a "special liking" for quacks (the bird kind, not our politicians/lawyers etc.) Ducks need lovin too! Tongue

She is a looker, and this character knows it. She'd be the kind with perfect pedi toes, take off her shoes and eeech, the smell of fetid fromage comes wafting up further assault on the kindly boss or security guard putting up with her BS. as she does her schoolwork for that diploma mill. However, squawky Mc. Hipster warblin gets my vote as number one annoyance!Angry

burn black woman duck face
Even "Precious" is sportin a ducky face!

That Aflec Duck ate too many dung beatles or whatever quackers throw down!

Zaftig "blubber ducky" would need an "Extra Seat" when flying on an airliner!

I approve this message.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 3:53pm
duck face and vocal 'fry'--its a McPick PAIR

can uh git a MIC PICK TOO
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 4:42pm

duck face and vocal 'fry'--its a McPick PAIR

can uh git a MIC PICK TOO

LambkinLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LambkinLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 7:59am
Make it STOOOOP BeForE I LOoSE MY BRAINS!!!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 5:56am
has anyone noted they recut it with a war injury reference? That pandering crap was NOT in it when it first aired...i like the cynical BONE thrown at the soldier contingency to make this less COLLEGIATE

adtards
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 5:52am
Eh, I found out who actually signs this pile of crap. Some girl going by the hip one word name "Roarke"
One of those YouTubers - like Justin Bieber, that Megan Trainer artist, etc - that's trying to spawn a career.

https://www.youtube.com/c/roarke

Nothing original on her page, covers of Radiohead, Nirvana, Adele, John Lennon..........
.....destroyed by that insipid voice!

Dead 

sb71 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sb71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 5:05am
To me, these indie, artsy, folksy women singers sound like prepubescent boys. Colbie Callait comes to mind.

Stop butchering classic tunes with this breathless, pathetic creaking.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic