Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2016 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quicken Loans - Rocket Mortgage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quicken Loans - Rocket Mortgage
    Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 10:09pm
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 7:33pm
Gee thanks, Quicken.  Angry

The next time I need a second home I will call you.   Log in!
After I cry a river of bullsh*t on Zillow.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 9:27pm
Because, you know, making mortgages something you can app your way through makes them suddenly affordable. Houses will be flying off the shelves now that you can apply for the loan with your thumb.

Hey you! Yeah you! McDonald's employee! I hear you just got a raise to $15 an hour. When you get done tweeting #burgerflippersrule why don't you DL our new app and get yourself that $150,000 ranch down the road from your parent's house?

Yep, it's just that easy, thanks to Quicken.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 10:28pm
The commercial made the app sound more like it was designed to promote an increase in the proliferation of mindless, brainwashed consumer zombies than an app designed to simplify the home mortgage application process.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The commercial made the app sound more like it was designed to promote an increase in the proliferation of mindless, brainwashed consumer zombies than an app designed to simplify the home mortgage application process.

Yeah, they make it sound like home ownership is mostly an excuse for women to go shopping.

When I bought my house, I had to buy some basics (appliances, lawnmower, etc.), but I wasn't into going out and buying all sorts of fantasy furniture and crap like that.  Hell, I'd just bought a house!  In fact, half the stuff in my house was stuff I'd found (often literally on the side of the road) and refurbished if I had to.

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 9:37am
Yep, for about the first decade, our house was filled with hand-me-downs and the driveway full of $500 disposable cars. Eventually we started buying larger scale stuff, but I guarantee you we didn't immediately and/or significantly stimulate the economy.

But hey, Rocket Mortgage is apple pie and baseball and all that sh*t, creating jobs and making America great... and they did an excellent job sending a mission to the dark side of their own back to pat it.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 10:46am
I actually prefer the used stuff, the found stuff, the hand-me-downs, etc.  If you find the right stuff, it works pretty well.  My house never looked junky, even if my wall art included a set of bullhorns, a bronze replica of the Golden Gate Bridge, framed front pages re victory over the Japs, and the red Mercedes hubcap that I got when my best HS friend's family totaled their car in 1972.

Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

But hey, Rocket Mortgage is apple pie and baseball and all that sh*t, creating jobs and making America great... and they did an excellent job sending a mission to the dark side of their own back to pat it.

Besides, if a young home buyer is going to get new stuff, chances are it's going to be stuff made in China, anyway.  It's not going to be from some local "artisan" lovingly sculpting the legs of a $5,000 couch.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic