Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zoolander 2/Fiat Crosselling Ad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zoolander 2/Fiat Crosselling Ad
    Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 5:54pm
The adholes have found yet another excuse to exploit today's obsession with selfies to a new level of absurdity and successfully bombard us with yet another product tie-in to an upcoming Hollywood flick:

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 6:14pm
Cross Selling?

It's not really a selfie, he's just being a conceited dick.
It's so obvious it's almost funny.
churvan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Cross Selling?

They are promoting the Fiat and the movie at the same time.

It's not really a selfie...

Even though it is not a picture taken from a cell phone, since he is going through the camera for the purpose of taking a picture of his mug and there are no other individuals in the picture, it is still a selfie.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 8:44pm
What ever churvan i stan!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 9:47pm
I thought Fiat must have a new model called the Crosselling.

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 12:36am
I never saw Zoolander, so the thought of seeing the second edition of that load of sh*te does not appeal to me in any way. Why do so many people find Ben Stiller to be funny at all?! He's tremendously annoying!
Oh wait?! Was Fiat in this ad? All I saw was an advert for a horrible movie, which is a remake of another horrible movie. Is that what Fiat is banking on?
One man gathers what another man spills
Chet Desmond View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chet Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

I never saw Zoolander, so the thought of seeing the second edition of that load of sh*te does not appeal to me in any way. Why do so many people find Ben Stiller to be funny at all?! He's tremendously annoying!
Oh wait?! Was Fiat in this ad? All I saw was an advert for a horrible movie, which is a remake of another horrible movie. Is that what Fiat is banking on?

Thank your stars you didn't have to sit through the first one...it was garbage.   Ben Stiller is funny as a used band-aid. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by churvan churvan wrote:

Cross Selling?

They are promoting the Fiat and the movie at the same time.

It's not really a selfie...

Even though it is not a picture taken from a cell phone, since he is going through the camera for the purpose of taking a picture of his mug and there are no other individuals in the picture, it is still a selfie.
I'm sorry, NO!
Crosselling is not a word, we have a standard of literate conversation. I'm not the best but I'm learning.

It's not a selfie!
A selfie is a picture that you take of yourself with a current device.

C'mon,  Churvandonnaerickmonicastan. Fess up!
churvan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 10:43pm

I'm sorry, NO!
Crosselling is not a word, we have a standard of literate conversation. I'm not the best but I'm learning.

Wikipedia's definition of a selfie states that is typically taken with a digital camera or camera phone. Notice that their definition states typically taken with a digital or camera phone not each and every time with a digital or camera phone.  Therefore, while the street surveillance camera is not the conventional way to take a selfie, it is possible as evidenced in the following article:

(I just snapped a selfie with an NYC surveillance camera)

Crosselling is not a word, we have a standard of literate conversation. I'm not 

the best but I'm learning.

Obviously you have not looked up said term in Google, which resulted in about 34,200,000 results. Having stated that, I need to clarify that the Zoolander ad is a cross-promotion which is what I meant to say and not a cross-sell.

Per musesmuse.com:

Cross promotion is a form of advertising that involves two or more parties. It's a good way to 
have other people help you promote your music or product.

In this case, both Fiat and the company behind Zoolander 2 are metaphorically "scratching each 
others back" with the purpose of raising revenues for both parties by prominently displaying 
the Fiat in the ad for the Zoolander 2 movie.

And per investopedia.com:

DEFINITION of 'Cross-Sell'

The practice of selling or suggesting related or complimentary products to a prospect or 
customer.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 11:42pm
^  I don't think his issue is with the concept, but with the word.  The way you have it, it reads CRAW-sa-ling.  I guess you should've typed it "cross-selling".  Without the dash, it should've been crossselling---but three S's together is awkward.

No big deal, really.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  I don't think his issue is with the concept, but with the word.  The way you have it, it reads CRAW-sa-ling.  I guess you should've typed it "cross-selling".  Without the dash, it should've been crossselling---but three S's together is awkward.

No big deal, really.

Awkward or not:
My feeling is that if each "s" is shorthand for "sh!t", then having only three is woefully underwhelming.

What we need here is that bimbo in the chaise lounge chair.
I mean, "chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  ...  aaaaaaaaaise" of course.  Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic