Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 5:11am
a_558_20140607194128
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 4:17am
 Best movie prop-wood chipper + foot FARGO: Movies Tv, Movie Fargo, Movie Scenes, Beautiful Movies, Movies Worth, Foot Fargo, Movies 90 S, Fargo 1996
Making room for YOU up here in the GreatWhiteNorth
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 4:04am

underwater river

Great optical illusion (an underwater river), but then again - not an illusion. In this case, the diver is in a cenote.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 5:00am
^One of my favourite illusions of nature. A slight alteration to the chemical composition results in something so ethereally beautiful.

It happens in oceans sometimes as well, I believe; I think the cause is different than Cenote's...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 5:46am
^Have to watch the cause of the separation. Sometimes it can be you are looking right straight-up at an eco dead zone, if it is anoxic water, such as the Black Sea (at depth). This body of water is another great example because, at greater depth is totally different. It is much heavier as it lacks oxygen and thus, less likey to support life of any sort. Stagnation due to lack of circulation over great periods of time would be the 'causer'.
There is always a 'silver lining', doncha know...
What these segregated, deadly waters often do is to perfectly preserve anything trapped in them. The Black Sea is a good example, here.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

a_558_20140607194128

Pa, this is going to haunt my dreams for about a decade!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 2:13pm
^  It looks like one of those pics I posted awhile back of people's dead family members all propped up, eyes opened, to make them seem alive.

In this case, the girl on the right is the dead one:

I think they did a much better job than the ones in PaW's pic.  Maybe those kids' parents got the cheap Walmart version, seeing as how they had to have two done.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 3:07pm
Creepy - glad that fad came to an end. I've heard of the practice but actually seeing the pictures is just morbid.

The HBO (?) series "The Knick" did an episode where they photographed a dead child. I haven't followed this year's series so I have a lot to catch up on, but that was an interesting show.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 4:27pm
um yum, come get some....

Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 6:04pm
^

Photographer:  "Say cheeeese"
Child:

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 6:25pm
I kid around with the wife sometimes and say I would like to take the dog to a taxidermist. Big smile

She would make a great lawn ornament. Tongue
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

a_558_20140607194128

Pa, this is going to haunt my dreams for about a decade!
Wink'Sharing Is Caring!", doncha know
I've had that vivid nightmare and only snatched the pic because I recognized it the moment I saw it. Go back and look at 'The Swing' - one I have had multiple times (but not in many years) and woke up in cold sweats.
And, just for the 'icing on the cake'? Imagine these two as just the beginning of what is waiting for us - the 'Welcoming Party' - on 'the other side'.
At least the simple thought of such should level out those nightmares with new waking-hour concerns...or will we now more often find you for a glass of wine after 'Confession'?  
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 8:47pm
I noticed that the faces look a lot like the hideous baby mask worn by Michael Palin at the end of the movie "Brazil".

If you look down near the neckline in Pa's pic, you can see where the pale white abruptly ends as if it were the edge of a mask.

And since these kinds of masks are available nowadays...

I'm wondering if that pic wasn't produced recently and made to look very old and creepy.

Maybe?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 9:00pm
^^^I've thought the same all along. Look at the hands, look at the lips, look at the hairline. Very staged, yet still very creepy. Guess I'm not the only one who has run into those kinds in 'DreamLand'...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

...She would make a great lawn ornament. Tongue
I need one o' those, but I'm thinkin' a yard jockey. I'll wait and go shopping in Baltimore.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 9:25pm

^^^I've thought the same all along. Look at the hands, look at the lips, look at the hairline. Very staged, yet still very creepy. Guess I'm not the only one who has run into those kinds in 'DreamLand'...

Here's something that appears to be from the same era...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 10:00pm

It is a real photo...and very, very old.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

...In this case, the girl on the right is the dead one...

Keep her all for yourself.Wink
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 12:15am
^  Well, she is cute.  And besides, I like 'em dead---as long as their parts soften up when you microwave 'em.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  Well, she is cute.  And besides, I like 'em dead---as long as their parts soften up when you microwave 'em.

Nice to see you're still recycling!!!

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 12:39am
LOL ^LOL Dead girls don't say no.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 1:19am
dirty mind pictures 43
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 1:44am
LOL Way to go Kathleen! 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 2:26am

C'mon, man!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 2:56am

The grammar Nazi in me refuses to get the joke because it doesn't work with the apostrophes....

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic