Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heineken - Moderate Drinkers Wanted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankcastle006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heineken - Moderate Drinkers Wanted
    Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 9:42pm
Commercial shows a group of women singing "Holding Out For A Hero" By Meatloaf and Bonnie Tyler. Sexist commercial basically portrays every man as an alcoholic that drinks until he passes out when they go out. Sorry, it's not all men... It's just the guys they chose to date / bring home after meeting them at a bar / club. That's what they get. Shame on Heineken for putting us all in a box.. When you know damn well they date the guy anyway, knowing he's an a**hole. Don't blame it on the beer.
Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Frankcastle006 Frankcastle006 wrote:

Commercial shows a group of women singing "Holding Out For A Hero" By Meatloaf and Bonnie Tyler. Sexist commercial basically portrays every man as an alcoholic that drinks until he passes out when they go out. Sorry, it's not all men... It's just the guys they chose to date / bring home after meeting them at a bar / club. That's what they get. Shame on Heineken for putting us all in a box.. When you know damn well they date the guy anyway, knowing he's an a**hole. Don't blame it on the beer.
Plus the slow tempo warbling cover of the song is dismal.Angry
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 9:53pm
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by Frankcastle006 Frankcastle006 wrote:

Plus the slow tempo warbling cover of the song is dismal.Angry
Sorry. I was thinking of another commercial I saw with the "same" song. The Heinekin version uses the correct tempo. I remember now. The other ad was ASPCA. I will try to find it and post in the correct thread.  
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 2:01pm
Awful song to begin with.

stan319 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 4:13pm
Perhaps, the men are drinking because of who they are with.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 12:53am
Originally posted by stan319 stan319 wrote:

Perhaps, the men are drinking because of who they are with.

George Carlin said it best:
"Here's all you need to know about men and women:
Women are crazy.  Men are stupid.
And the main reason women are crazy is because men are stupid."

Now add beer.
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 3:51pm
I agree. That is a terrible song to begin with.
Cross Traffic View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cross Traffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 4:07am
This ad is on almost every commercial break of NBCSN's coverage of hockey, its an instant mute.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 4:25am

The first problem is that this commercial attempts to sell Heineken. No real man would be caught dead drinking that swill.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

The first problem is that this commercial attempts to sell Heineken. No real man would be caught dead drinking that swill.

Exactly!
What we "need" is a commercial for Pranqster beer by North Coast Brewing Company.
Try some, if you ever see it in your local stores.  (Total Wine carries it.)

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 5:27pm
I lost count how many times this stupid freggin ad aired last night on Spike TV.
*No idea why I put myself in this sad situation watching this channel - I just like watching moron criminals on COPS rerun marathons...then I proceed to put myself though a 4, 5 hour commercial filled hell by watching a very edited "Scarface"Confused 

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I lost count how many times this stupid freggin ad aired last night on Spike TV.
*No idea why I put myself in this sad situation watching this channel - I just like watching moron criminals on COPS rerun marathons...then I proceed to put myself though a 4, 5 hour commercial filled hell by watching a very edited "Scarface"Confused 

Coincidentally, that was the rerun episode of COPS I watched yesterday---"Morons on Parade". 

Here's one of 'em.  Total moron.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 6:36pm
I think the real unintended message behind the commercial is....

...Heineken drinkers are pussies.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 7:00pm
^LOLLOL

Case in point.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 7:08pm
Yeah, he not only IS a pussy, he probably HAS one, too.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic