Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's Earth Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 6:43am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

...Of course, the price of gas helps with that.  I just got a "bargain" when I gassed up the car today. I only paid $3.83!!!

Small tank, huh?

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 1:52pm
I've got something to brag about!!!!!

On Earth day I didn't even drive a single mile in my car!!!!

(that's because it has problems that need to be fixed,LOL can't go on the highway has problem accelerating but on regular roads it's fine.)
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 1:53pm
Thor, I filled my 1973 Toyota for less than $3.00 before the 1973 energy crisis.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 2:10pm
Ahhhh, yes!  I remember some friends and I pooling together 46 cents for a gallon+ of gas at a Hess station in 1972 in order to be able to drive around aimlessly (well, the "destination" back then was always the "ozone") in a 1966 Buick Special for a few more miles.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 5:42pm
When I first got my drivers license driving by myself was a real treat. Because my dad drove over a hundred miles round trip to work & back everyday, filling up his '73 VW Bug was a nightly after dinner ritual that he was more than happy to allow me to perform on his behalf.

There was a Hess station about 4 miles or so from our house that had the cheapest gas in town. I could get a half a tank for right around the $2 he'd give me, (often times with a little change left over) at the whopping price of 27.9 ยข per gallon.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic