Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BenGag sings "Baby It's Cold Outside"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BenGag sings "Baby It's Cold Outside"
    Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 1:51am

Too long, too overplayed, too shrill, and too date rape-y.  Can this please just go away?
Sponsored Links

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 6:23pm
I love Tony Bennett, but this commercial airs WAY TOO MUCH!! It has started to become an instamute, thank you very much Gaga...
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 6:35pm
First time I've seen it is as it plays right now.
I saw the Gaga-Bennett sessions and was actually astounded by Ms. Germanotta's ability to play along very nicely with Tony Benett.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 6:38pm
Oh, so that's Lady Gagbag, eh?

I was wondering who that was.

I always hate it when these great old (or just old) music legends try to insinuate themselves into the favor of and try to be more popular with, the current younger crowd, by associating with their crappy, third rate no talent, flavor of the day celebrities.

Like when the likes of Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney appear on Fallon.

Leave that sh*t for the empty headed twenty something crowd. People that age who watch Fallon or listen to Lady Gagbag aren't going to become fans of older music anyway.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 6:43pm
^LOL

I don't like Lady Gagbag either but it does open my mind up a little when she works with legends.

Look at BB King, it is good for a performers career to reach into other genres.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I always hate it when these great old (or just old) music legends try to insinuate themselves into the favor of and try to be more popular with, the current younger crowd, by associating with their crappy, third rate no talent, flavor of the day celebrities.

Like when the likes of Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney appear on Fallon.

Leave that sh*t for the empty headed twenty something crowd. People that age who watch Fallon or listen to Lady Gagbag aren't going to become fans of older music anyway.

WinkNot the same. Bennett-Gaga actually put a performance together - but I wouldn't have expected you to appreciate Tony Bennett at any time; the others you mentioned - you described that scene very well and I agree there (and didn't know, much less care, such a thing happened).
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

WinkNot the same. Bennett-Gaga actually put a performance together - but I wouldn't have expected you to appreciate Tony Bennett at any time; the others you mentioned - you described that scene very well and I agree there (and didn't know, much less care, such a thing happened).

Why wouldn't you have expected me to appreciate Tony Bennett, Pa?

Are you implying that you have some sort of superior taste in music, or that mine is somehow inferior?

I like Tony Bennett a lot, even though I think that as a singer, he's a bit overrated. Like Sinatra, more of a song stylist than a great vocalist.

But I like what both of them do, along with the likes of Dean Martin and all the other great vocal entertainers of that era.

Sorry to disappoint you, though.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 8:41pm

Could be the other way around, too.  Maybe Gaga sees the day when she's going to have to be taken seriously as a singer.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Could be the other way around, too.  Maybe Gaga sees the day when she's going to have to be taken seriously as a singer.

Possibly.

But the way things are going, by the time she reaches the age where that might happen, I kinda doubt being taken seriously as a singer is even going to be an issue anymore.

It'll all be about coming up with some original new gimmick.

C'mon, man!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 10:44pm
Has anyone seen the Bill Murray Very Murray Christmas Special? This ad reminds me a bit of when bill and Miley Cyrus are interacting..its borderline pedo stuff but with Hatey Gaggers, you assume shes had EVERYTHING under the sun so Tonys just a old, wrinkly bump in the road for her
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 4:52am
Quote Too long, too overplayed, too shrill, and too date rape-y.  Can this please just go away?

At least there isn't a Bill Cosby version...  LOL
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 5:51pm
I hope she's wearing underrwear with that stupid looking skirt Evil Smile
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 6:06pm
I didn't think this was a bad commercial...but I'm no fan of either of their work.

Hell...it could be worse...it could be Jim Carrey and Lady Gaga in a commercial, it may go like this...

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 6:09pm
Gawd, that was awful!!!!!

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 9:48pm
I love Tony Bennett! Saw him 3 times in concert.

A little background - a number of years ago, his son took over as his manager and figured Pop needed to reinvent himself. So, he put together the first of his Duets album featuring him and a host of people singing his songs. And it ran the gamut from Stevie Wonder to k.d. lang to Barbara Streisand. When we saw show #2, he had James Taylor, k.d. lang and John Legend on stage with him.

Duets 2 came out with Lady Gaga among a slew of other singers. Tony and Gaga hit it off and decided to tour together.

And here we have them in this commercial.

Despite all the weird Lady Gaga stunts (meat dress, etc.) I was surprised to hear she sings pretty well and plays a mean piano.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 10:01pm
At least she's no longer wearing meat!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

At least she's no longer wearing meat!
Don't you just love it when children grow up?
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Banderboy Banderboy wrote:

thats her one real tip'o'the hat to her true GAGAism. it makes her look like a weird barbie TROLL
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 12:31am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

Originally posted by Banderboy Banderboy wrote:

thats her one real tip'o'the hat to her true GAGAism. it makes her look like a weird barbie TROLL

Does that mean that, like Barbie, she has no genitalia?
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

Despite all the weird Lady Gaga stunts (meat dress, etc.) I was surprised to hear she sings pretty well and plays a mean piano.

Yeah, she's another one like Kelly Clarkson, both have real vocal talent, they just often tend to waste it. I'll never own a KC or Gaga album, I'll never go see either in concert, but I'll never say they can't sing, either.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Yeah, she's another one like Kelly Clarkson, both have real vocal talent, they just often tend to waste it. I'll never own a KC or Gaga album, I'll never go see either in concert, but I'll never say they can't sing, either.

The problem as I see it, is that we have too damned many singers nowadays!!! Too many bands, too.

I can't turn around anymore without some wannabe pop stars I couldn't care less about, up in my face, warbling and chirping about some sh*t I'm not interested in hearing about.

Shut the fluck up and get outta my face already!!!!

C'mon, man!
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Quote Too long, too overplayed, too shrill, and too date rape-y.  Can this please just go away?

At least there isn't a Bill Cosby version...  LOL

LOL Why is it that when I hear his name now, all I can think of is this now?

Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 5:51pm
^LOL

Some other collaborations that worked well.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 6:04pm
Here's a duet that worked really well...(correction to original post: 'Dylan & Cash and The Nashville Cats' was the album that came out, although the below song was on Dylan's 'Nashville Skyline')
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 6:05pm

Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

The problem as I see it, is that we have too damned many singers nowadays!!! Too many bands, too.

I can't turn around anymore without some wannabe pop stars I couldn't care less about, up in my face, warbling and chirping about some sh*t I'm not interested in hearing about.

Shut the fluck up and get outta my face already!!!!

TOTAL AGREEMENT JIMBO!!
I blame the onslaught of shows like American Idol that lead everyday people to think that if their singing doesn't make dogs run away, they can be superstars. And any fool that can play three chords on the guitar can be an award winning song writer/performer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic