Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ninja Coffee Bar  'Bye Bye Barista!' (SofiaVideo)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ninja Coffee Bar 'Bye Bye Barista!' (SofiaVideo)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ninja Coffee Bar 'Bye Bye Barista!' (SofiaVideo)
    Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 3:13am
Confused...I don't know about anyone else, but Sofia Vergara at 43 is looking awfully exaggerated and almost cartoonish; not so life-like...and she's developed her personality to fit her 'character'. Not meaning to offend, but she IS getting a little - well - creepy? Check her lips out - they looked thickly-painted. Now combine those cheekbones. 
I'd like to have the Ninja coffee machine, though - if I could remember to buy coffee.Wink

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 5:59pm
I can't take her voice.  She sounds like she's got a mouth full of "man-juice".
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

I can't take her voice.  She sounds like she's got a mouth full of "man-juice".
LOLLOL
I bet she...

And, I have to agree with PaW.
She is getting the freakish Kim Kartrashian look.
MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 3:17am
i'd go batcrap crazy if i had to listen to that accent everyday. Angry
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 4:32am
^Never forget - there is a sock that fits any size mouth.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 3:11am
Is there anything she WON'T sell?
the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 4:32pm
I'm not even sure who this woman is. Not a fan of the ad, especially considering I can't get the mental loop of her manically waving her hands and saying "SPECIALTEE BRUISCE!" out of my head, and it's driving me crazy, but hear me out:

I used to think iced coffee was some watered-down crap with a bunch of skim milk and sugar added that you got at Starbucks or McDonald's or something. I'd never heard of drinking straight black iced/chilled coffee. Milk? Sugar? Sure. I even mix in boiled custard! But chilled black coffee? No cream or sugar? To be honest, seeing her sip it in the commercial, I thought, "that seems kinda gross", but since seeing that, I tried it, and I have to say, chilled black coffee is......... DELICIOUS!

It's so refreshing. it's easy to gulp down a pot in no time, which may be a bad thing, I don't know... Jitters are no fun. It's become an obsession for me, though I'm not making any plans to buy a Ninja just to make getting it more "convenient".

PS: Welcome to my nightmare.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

Diction lessons
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Diction lessons

LOLLOLLOL

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 9:59pm
^LOL

And to think she has been living in the American culture, yet has no desire to seek an english sounding dialect?
I already sound like I have been living in Wisconsin all my life, it's only been 15 years and I have lost the Indiana accent.
the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 12:29am
Doesn't really bug me, the accent, though I do imagine she probably kind of milks or exaggerates it slightly (or a lot) because it's part of her on-camera "persona".
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 3:05pm
i would MILK her uh ACCENT...although, her Carmen Miranda act really doesn't play that well
but this kind of thing was pioneered by penelope cruz with Nespresso--another chick whose mouthfull of spanish MARBLES is pure IRRITANT
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 8:43pm
In my opinion Sofia is just ripping off Charo's shtick from the 1970s. At least Charo could play a mean Flamenco guitar! 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:41pm
The thing that bothers me most about her is the fact that her accent seems so 'caricature-esque' that it sounds forced. Couple that with being obnoxious, and you've got a problem.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

i would MILK her uh ACCENT...although, her Carmen Miranda act really doesn't play that well
but this kind of thing was pioneered by penelope cruz with Nespresso--another chick whose mouthfull of spanish MARBLES is pure IRRITANT

"Spanish Marbles"!!! HAHAHAHAHA I LOVE IT!!!ClapLOLLOLClap
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 4:07am
special Charo note (hey it applies)--Netflix has posted the PeeWee Playhouse Christmas special witha VERY SPECIAL appearance by Charo singing 'Felith Navidad(her pronunciation-not mine!)

and yeth, she works 'Cuchi Cuchi' into her time onscreen!
watch it and then watch a Very murray Christmas and compare the two--VERY similar
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 11:35pm
I wasn't aware this commercial had been on for so long, as I've just recently started noticing it.  I don't watch "Modern Family" so although I knew she was an actress I wouldn't have been able to name any of her work.  Even without knowing that this was apparently the type of character she plays on the show, I had the distinct impression she was exaggerating her "ethnic" (for lack of a better word) characteristics for comedic effect - Charo is a good analogy.  If this is truly her personality maybe she should be cutting down on her coffee intake.  That said, this commercial is horrendous chiefly because of the terrible acting (from both Sofia and ESPECIALLY the "barista") and the way Sofia says "Mm-hmm" in such a smug way it makes me want to slap her.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 3:08pm
Deadshouldn't this be named 'bye bye barEEsta'?

Charo INDEED-at least charo SHREDS on flamenco guitar..AND is strangely AGELESS
windycitykit View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windycitykit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 10:29pm
You all never let me down - - -love coming here to vent my annoyances!
Sharing this little gem with you all:

“Sofía Vergara is Charo with diarrhea,” --Charo
when asked about Charo's comment, Sofia said:
"No one likes being compared with someone else, especially someone younger,”

How do you say "Cat Fight!" in Spanish?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/03/charo-sofia-vergara_n_4039495.html
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 2:56am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

Deadshouldn't this be named 'bye bye barEEsta'?

Charo INDEED-at least charo SHREDS on flamenco guitar..AND is strangely AGELESS

I heard the half-life of the plastic used in plastic surgery is at least a couple hundred years.
That probably explains the ageless thing.
A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 7:41am

let's see :
cover girl
Olay
head & shoulders
Ninja
kmart (lol)
pepsi
Rooms to Go
Comcast
State farm

no, she'll sell anything
I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.
JS View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 10:26pm
Is she from COH-LUM-BEEEE-AHHH?

You wouldn't know if she didn't mention it 15x times in the opening segment. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic