Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Humana Medicare "Swiss Cheese" lecture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Humana Medicare "Swiss Cheese" lecture
    Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 8:58pm
I couldn't find a YouTube video on this specific ad, but I think this verbal description will suffice:

Humana's latest drivel for its Medicare Supplement plan shows their spokesman presenting a "seminar" before an audience of oldsters and using different blocks of Swiss cheese with the holes being metaphoric for the coverage gaps in Medicare and the competitors' supplement plans.

Aargh! The insurance is for senior citizens, not kindergarteners! What next, Big Bird as a celebrity endorser?!?

If they can't hit us with sexuality (e.g., Liquid Plumr), marketers are treating us like little kids. All this ad needs is to be put back-to-back with the Pepto-Copter. Angry
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 7:20pm
The cheese head ad is old news, Dr. Dan.
I live in Humana country and these commercials drive me nuts.
Who are these people that get health insurance with no plan premium?
How do I get some of that?  I hate f**king open enrollment!!

renatae View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renatae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 2:32am
I agree, those commercials are insultingly lame. The Swiss cheese illustrations themselves are not much different one to another. I also dislike that they act as though no one has ever had a co-pay, or even understood them, and that anyone would expect complete coverage from one plan at any age.

Aka ron, I also wonder where these people who have no premiums live. Not in my state! I do, however, know they exist, because I've seen one or two post on forums. I am pretty certain those plans are all HMOs. The HMOs in my area have exceedingly few doctors available and I avoid them like the plague.
Stop the Insanity!
Laffy Guy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laffy Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 4:00pm
Yeah, like I'm gonna drive up to L.A. to a humana seminar .What rock did that audience crawl out from under?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 5:20pm
Humana is pounding us with old ads. I hate insurance companies!

I posted on the Humana Facebook page. I swear, some of these moderators have some sort of God complex.  THEY decide what the public should see!   Angry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic