Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mercedes Benz Winter Event idiocy (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mercedes Benz Winter Event idiocy (video)
    Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 8:28pm
Just what we need. More screaming idiots.

The parent child role reversal has been done before and is no longer amusing.Disapprove
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

diezman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diezman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 4:20am
Yeah..We can all afford to buy our spouses a Mercedes for Christmas (with a huge red ribbon on top) Most of us are driving 2nd and 3rd gen used cars. 

Then again, I'm sure there are a few folks out there that can afford a new Mercedes for Christmas. I don't know any thoughErmm
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by diezman diezman wrote:

Yeah..We can all afford to buy our spouses a Mercedes for Christmas (with a huge red ribbon on top) Most of us are driving 2nd and 3rd gen used cars. 

Then again, I'm sure there are a few folks out there that can afford a new Mercedes for Christmas. I don't know any thoughErmm

A retired couple who are long time friends lease a new Mercedes C250 every 3 years. They frequently borrow (and so far repay) $25 from me for gas! I have been retired for 6 years and never have to worry about paying bills. It must be because I only spend big money on things that I need, not things that I want. I was able to easily pay cash (under $17,000) for a new 2010 Kia Forte SX. Since there are no rust problems here, if I keep up with maintenance I will be driving it when the 10 year powertrain warranty expires. So, no. I don't know anyone who can "afford" a new Mercedes for Christmas either. 

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 2:24pm
Jeez louise! I can tell by the visuals that it's very stupid! I don't need to turn up the volume!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Jeez louise! I can tell by the visuals that it's very stupid! I don't need to turn up the volume!
WARNING!!! Do not turn up the volume without OSHA approved hearing protection!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 9:40am

Not only is the idea of surprising your spouse with a new car preposterous, it's rude.  First of all, you're married, so you're both paying for that car.  Second of all, the supposed recipient doesn't even get a say in the color, let alone the make/model, etc.  I'd be a bit pissed if I had to pay for a car (supposedly for me) that I had no input in.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Not only is the idea of surprising your spouse with a new car preposterous, it's rude.  First of all, you're married, so you're both paying for that car.  Second of all, the supposed recipient doesn't even get a say in the color, let alone the make/model, etc.  I'd be a bit pissed if I had to pay for a car (supposedly for me) that I had no input in.

Excellent point.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 5:45pm
SHUP THE F UP!  I expect more class from Mercedes and a quieter commercial. Perfect ad if they are targeting the hyperactive majority of morons watching loud reality TV! Not something you'd see during a mini PBS commercial break during Masterpiece Theater (does that show even exist anymore?) - or Lawrence Welk 

Just can't win..this MB is really bad. Or you have this over-dramatic horsesh*t about a Cadillac. This one drives me nuts, I honestly don't stop in my tracks and look at a Caddy.

Lets face it, its an over-priced GM and I will never buy a General POS Motors car ever again.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 6:08pm
I reject all GM products. "Real person, not actor". Angry

con·trar·i·an
Dammit, I'm having trouble doing an edit.
A bunch of computer mumbo jumbo messed me up.
noun
plural noun: contrarians
a person who opposes or rejects popular opinion, especially in stock exchange dealing.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 4:09am

Mercedes owners are self-indulgent fools and Cadillacs make other ethnic groups feel like they can be rich too and serve as bling. Lincolns are pretty nice cars and I think I want one...

nice Lincoln.....: Custom Cars, Cool Cars, Funny Cars, Old Window, The Heat, Home Repair, Summer Heat, Air Conditioning, Funny Men
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic