Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Mixed Sports Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Mixed Sports Thread
    Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 7:11pm
Some exciting stuff yesterday, on the NFL front?
The Seahawks, who knocked us out of the playoffs, were in Green Bay last night.
Packers win! 27-17. 2 wins 0 losses.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 7:26pm
Even more happening in the world of NASCAR.
Kevin Harvick was shooting his mouth off, and it bit him in the ass.

Kevin Harvick predicts SHR will pound JGR 'into the ground' during Chase

6 time champion, Jimmy Johnson, ran into Harvick on a restart, 3 laps later the tire went down and sent Harvick into the wall.

He is now last in points, for the chase.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 7:45pm
All of our chilluns are all 'mixed' and whatnot - and all play, or played assorted sports. Does that count, or do I have to list the sports and cite if they showed tendencies more common with one race, or if any of them threw like a girl?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 8:04pm
I almost posted the RIP of Yogi, in this thread.
He deserved his own thread, not many hardcore sports fans here.
I just want to throw some info out there in case anyone else is paying attention.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 8:11pm
The Packers go on to 3-0.
Harvick and his team, after dominating the race, ran out of fuel.
He is in a must win situation.
Joe Gibbs Racing continues to dominate, Matt Kenseth wins at New Hampshire.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 10:16pm
I'm probably the only person on this site who cares, but I'm thrilled that my favourite football team ( West Ham United), is currently in third place, and could challenge to lead for the F.A. Cup! Go Hammers! ⚽️🇬🇧
One man gathers what another man spills
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

All of our chilluns are all 'mixed' and whatnot - and all play, or played assorted sports. Does that count, or do I have to list the sports and cite if they showed tendencies more common with one race, or if any of them threw like a girl?

I'm pretty sure the term "mixed" was referring to a combination of different sports, not races.
Perhaps you were being sarky again. Sometimes I need a translator when I read your posts, PaWolf....lol
One man gathers what another man spills
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The Packers go on to 3-0.
Harvick and his team, after dominating the race, ran out of fuel.

He is in a must win situation.

Joe Gibbs Racing continues to dominate, Matt Kenseth wins at New Hampshire.

Harvick disappeared post race. He was probably to busy blaming everyone but himself.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 6:50pm
^LOL

Another Harvick fan Wink
They are going to be tough to beat, I'm glad to see Gordon and Jr. make the cut.
 A Gibbs car won at Charlotte in the spring, it's getting exciting.

The Green Bay Packers are 4-0!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 7:53pm

click image upload

Joey Logano wins in Charlotte for Penske.

NEW YORK -- Major League Baseball has suspended Los Angeles Dodgers infielder Chase Utley for Games 3 and 4 of the National League Division Series for what the league deemed was an illegal slide into Mets shortstop Ruben Tejada.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 7:18pm
The Green Bay Packers remain undefeated going into their bye week. 6-0

Joey Logano dumps Matt Kenseth after already being locked into the next round.
This could come back to haunt Logano.

Talledega looms, Jr. has won 2 of the 3 restrictor plate races this year.

Edit: Lewis Hamilton could clinch the world championship in Austin TX.
I think weather may play into the weekend.

Who said black guys can't drive?
JMHO, the earrings make him look gay.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 10:37pm
A crazy day at Martinsville, Matt Kenseth just plain crashes out race leader Joey Logano.
I just lost a lot of respect for him.

Jeff Gordon advances to the final round with a win, maybe it was Gods will for the front runners to have problems. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 10:52pm
The Denver Broncos and the Green Bay Packers play the late game tonight.
2 undefeated teams, 2 hall of fame quarterbacks.

I will have to read about it tomorrow morning.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 11:28pm
The Packers got their asses handed to them in a sorry loss.
We are not the best team in football.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 6:54pm
There are some depressed football fans in this part of the country.

The Green Bay Packers suffer their third loss in a row to the lowly Detroit Lions.

The first time in 25 years that the Lions have beaten the Packers in Green Bay.

Then we have this headline...

Aaron Rodgers Calls Out Anti-Muslim Hate After Packers-Lions Game

Before the game started, the Packers organization held a moment of silence at Lambeau Field to honor the victims of Friday night’s terrorist attacks in Paris. But one fan in the stadium didn’t get the memo, shouting out “Muslims suck!” so loudly that the players on the field could hear him, according to various reports.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 6:36pm
Yesterday, was the last time I will need 2 TV access until next fall. Cry

The Packers ended their 3 game losing streak by beating the Vikings in Minnesota.
I believe that gives us the lead in the NFC north division.

It was crazy at Miami/Homestead Speedway.
My fathers parents lived in that area many, many years ago.

It was an emotional send off for Jeff Gordon competing in his final race as a driver, with a slim chance of winning the championship.
Mario Andretti and Lewis Hamilton joined him before the start of the race.

Kevin Harvick was the favorite.
Kyle Bush, after suffering devastating foot and leg injuries in the first race of the season (Xfinity), came back after 11 weeks of rehab and healing to win several races and the ultimate prize, The Sprint Cup.

We are hoping the Packers make it well into the playoffs.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 7:13pm
The computer just crapped out and I lost the post I was making.
What a night in Detroit!

WATCH: Packers win on a Hail Mary TD throw from Aaron Rodgers

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 7:18pm
I happened to be awake for the end of the Bengals Bunglers-Sleelers game, the weather looked crappy down there.
There was a nasty and unnecessary hit that probably gave the game to the Steelers.

And on the penultimate play of the game, Burfict was flagged for unnecessary roughness on Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown, who suffered a concussion on the play.

There is a video in the link.

The game right now in Minnesota, bitter cold temperatures.
Minus 3°, wind chills were minus 20°.
It got down to 2° above here this morning.
I've had to turn the fans on in the wood burner, tough to keep it a comfortable 73.

I honestly don't have a lot of hope for Green Bay later.
They got off to a great start, but they have lost their last 2 games and squeezed in as a wild card team.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 8:14pm
A crazy weekend in auto racing.
Former world champion Fernando Alonzo walked away from a scary crash in Australia earlier today.

The new American based team with 2 drivers was envolved in the crash, the other driver from Haas F1 finished a remarkable 6th place. A new team has not done that since 2002.

The Xfinity race in Fontana, Kyle Busch is going for his 4th win in a row of the season.
Kyle has a tire go down on the last lap, JGR  (Joe Gibbs Racing) has been dominate since they won the Sprint Cup Championship with Kyle last year.

Kyle's teamates are running out of fuel in front of him.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 1:55pm
I'm probably the only person here who follows motorsports.

Formula 1 is usually pretty boring, not the case yesterday morning in Barcelona.
The silver Mercedes Patronas teams and drivers have been dominate the past several years.
Hamilton and Rosberg are starting on the front row, Rosberg has won the first 4 races of the season.

They proceed to take each other out on the first lap. Wow!
Hamilton earns some crazy figure like 50 million a year.

Six time Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson had a transmission problem on a restart and caused a huge pileup.
The end of the race was exciting also, young Kyle Larson could have spun out veteran driver Matt Kenseth for his first win...he chose the high road.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 5:27pm
"It's a beautiful day for a motor car race"  Sir Jackie Stewart

Breakfast in Monte Carlo, the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 and the Coke 600.

If you like auto racing, it's a good day.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 6:10pm
Indycar returns to the historic Road America track in Elkhart Lake, WI.
I have fond memories of this place, I was there when my dad was racing in the SCCA, the late 60s.
The wife and I were there about 5 years ago for an Xfinity race.

The NASCAR boys and girl are on the west coast at Sonoma, later start time.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 6:09pm
From the truck race in St. Louis on Saturday night.
It's hard to call it a fight, LOL some wrestling, some hugging and a few right jabs.
It will be interesting to see what NASCAR does as far as penalties go.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 6:23pm
With a little luck, Tony Stewart won at Sonoma.
The last 2 laps was classic excitement, bump and run racing.
Stewart was not to be denied. His first win in 84 races, this win virtually locks him into the Chase.
In his final year driving in the Sprint Cup Series.

He can be a prick, but he has been through a lot.
3 years ago, he had serious leg injuries at a dirt car track, missed the final third of the season.
2 years ago, he faced criminal prosecution after hitting a fellow driver who was out of his car.
Early this year, before the racing season started, he crushed a vertebrae in an 'off roading' accident.

It was a feel good win for someone who has been down on his luck.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 7:40pm
There is a crazy rain delayed race happening now at Pocono, who said racing is boring?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic