Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Ford Explorer - "Fight Song"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Ford Explorer - "Fight Song"
    Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 5:07am
Ok, someone help me out...I lost track how many times this song "Fight Song" has already been used in TV ads.  I do recall it used locally in a Breast Cancer walk back in May, also in a local commercial for a Children's Hospital. It was in national ad that has aired since...well, seems like forever. I just forget what the ad was. Obviously it was pretty unforgettable *sarcasm* Dead

Basically I feel like I've heard this tune for well over a year and now I am really hearing it on Sirius, the performer is making a slew of appearances. 

Anyway, here's the new Ford Explorer - once again, with my newest pet peeve in the latest ads, the "soothing narrator."

And the use of this already over used tune.

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 2:38pm
I like what you did there!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 6:58pm
Sorry, TNIP. I'm gonna have to throw a clicky at you.

I hate the song, I hate the woman driving the CUV, I hate it all!!!

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ford Edge- 'Odds' (video)
^   Clicky

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 11:10pm
this is my FIGHT SONG bingBong bon BING BONG
this is my FIGHT SONG bingBong bong BING BONG
this is my FIGHT SONG bingBong bon BING BONG

thats all I ever hear when that comes on--its SO superficial

K Clarkson, phone HOME--your producers are doing you NO FAVORS
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 1:07am
LOLLOL Love the vid.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Commercialsmeh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commercialsmeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 1:53am
I hate that fCensoredng song so much.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 11:43am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

So true. Unlike a lot of modern pop stars, she actually has a lot of vocal talent...then chooses to waste it on crap like this. Oh well, I guess it keeps giant piles of cash coming her way, suppose I can't blame her for it, but still.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Sorry, TNIP. I'm gonna have to throw a clicky at you.

I hate the song, I hate the woman driving the CUV, I hate it all!!!

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ford Edge- 'Odds' (video)
^   Clicky

Ah crap, I give up! LOL

Quote K Clarkson, phone HOME--your producers are doing you NO FAVORS

I thought it was Clarkson the entire time, its some girl named Rachel Platten. I never heard of her.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

So true. Unlike a lot of modern pop stars, she actually has a lot of vocal talent...then chooses to waste it on crap like this. Oh well, I guess it keeps giant piles of cash coming her way, suppose I can't blame her for it, but still.

so she can get preggers again..and afford those PIZZAS!!

yep...snarky!Confused
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 1:43am
WTF!?

Are companies having nefarious plots to annoy me!?

I heard "Fight Song" on the radio at least twice, and then lo and behold I'm at AC Moore and guess what I hear on the PA system? "A small boat on the ocean... Making big waves...like an explosion...this is my FIGHT SONG TAKE BACK MY LIFE SONG ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Make it STOP!!!! I miss the days when stores played 1970s and 1980s music!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 6:26am
It's not Kelly Clarkson.
pinniped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 6:08am
That song totally sucks. Driving to work, which takes around 20 minutes, I hear it 3 times on 3 different channels. Of course I change the channel immediately. Driving back after work, chalk up 2 more times. This is a song that should never have been recorded. The artist is Rachel whatever and her and Katy what's her face should never be allowed to set foot anywhere near a mic again.
SO I GO ON VEHIX.COM!....GOT A CAR TO SELL!....BUYING A CAR IS HARD!
Erick Cartman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erick Cartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 11:43pm
I'm getting tired of the "Fight song," too. Cute the first few times, annoying after that.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 3:08pm
it sounds like it was composed by a TWELVE YEAR OLD GIRL

another one of those school yard singalong melodies with the dumbest lyrics to boot
A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 9:32pm
ugh, i first heard this song on the radio for about a week, then asap Rachel Platten cashed in and sold out to anyone who wanted to use her liberating song to push goods. now when i hear it on the radio, i think of Ford, or Super Girl tv show promo ads, etc.
I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 3:00pm
did not K Clarkson record this on her 'i am back and FAT' new record? I mean, are we all TRIPPING here? I swear i saw her in a HIGHLY retouched video singing this crapfest..did we have a mass delusion here?
Joe Minx View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Minx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 4:12am

did not K Clarkson record this on her 'i am back and FAT' new record? I mean, are we all TRIPPING here? I swear i saw her in a HIGHLY retouched video singing this crapfest..did we have a mass delusion here?

She just did a song called "Invincible" that sounds a bit like it. All this crap is cut from the same cloth.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 6:33pm
They STILL use this song, just saw it during a break in the football game.

It's an odd choice for a stupid car. Really didn't pay attention until now, but I hear "this is my fight song, take back my life song..."

I've said it before, I associate it with commercials that were used for women battling breast cancer, or a tune for feeling empowered getting over a sexual assault. NO idea what this song has to do with owning a damn Ford.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 6:53pm
That pencil neck chick really bugs me, I want her to STFU!!!  Angry

The wife drives an Edge but we are all getting kind of old.  07 model.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 11:31pm
F.O.R.D.
Found
On
Road
Dead

Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
sb71 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sb71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 5:02am
Maybe I'm just becoming bitter in my old age...but these simple minded, "empowerment" tunes sung by bubble gum pop stars are getting old. I mean, what do most of these girls know about adversity or life's roadblocks??? That goes for the cute little fan base as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic