Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Microsoft- Windows 10 The Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Microsoft- Windows 10 The Commercial
    Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 6:00pm
I'm still having some angst about how my computer is going to adjust to one of the new OS's/Browsers
What bugs me about this commercial? They give the impression, that these kids won't have to change from Windows 10, ever?!?!  I hate being a slave to all of these "please upgrade your browser" messages.

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 7:08pm

I'm guessing that that first one might have to log in with her smile.   Something about her says there might not be much higher level functioning in her future.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 7:13pm
LOL
 Yeah, they had to pick the most brain dead looking child on the planet. 
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 7:42pm
I still run OS X 10.6.8 on the laptop and a partition of my main HD on the desktop, because upgrading to 10.7 or higher (OS X is at 10.10 now, I think) would kill older applications I have like Photoshop and whatnot. I'd have to buy a ton of software, and I just ain' gunna do it.

Safari, OS X's native browser, stopped updating for 10.6 a long time ago, so for a lot of websites I have to use Firefox. Firefox updates every 4 friggin days. It gets old. Sometimes you just want to pop on a website, troll some little douche, and pop back off. Who has time for all these updates? The updates take longer than what I came on to do!

I get the same thing with my consoles. "There have been 800 updates since you last logged on, install now or quit"... or some such nonsense. I have ADD, and a ton of options for things to do with my spare time. If I have to sit and watch an update screen for 5 minutes, I'm going to lose interest and go grab a ball-in-a-cup or something.

Log in with my smile? really? That's supposed to make me feel "secure"? Microsoft, you're going to create a whole new breed of sickos: People who will cut off your face if they want into your computer. I've seen it. Loki gouged out an eye to open a door. Lots of severed hands have been used on scanners... No thanks. I'll stick with my good, old-fashioned "forget password, jump through recovery hoops" stone-knives-and-bear-skins ways. If someone wants into my sh*t, they can Ancestry.com my paternal grandmother's maiden name, and I get to keep my pretty mug... pretty.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 10:09pm
I can forsee facial recognition being a problem too if a family member needs to get into a computer for emergency information and I couldn't tell them the password because it needs my face and I'm not there.
treos View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 6:01pm
sorry, microsoft, but i still like the concept known as privacy so if you'd kindly F off with you're mass spy OS that'd be great.

i guarantee you that a good number of users will be ignorant of the privacy settings and thus be selling they're personal info/all computer privacy to microsoft with this.

oh and that whole "the info we gather will be used to bring a better user experience and to protect our users" stuff? i am NOT a mindless IDIOT you BS'ing scumbags! i KNOW that the info you gather will be going to ad companies since ads are pretty much BUIT-IN on the windows 10 OS itself! as well as likely police or other places if they find info on you doing anything they consider bad.

i'll stick with 7 and keep waiting for an actual good OS and not an OS built out of spyware.

oh and say hi to cortana for me. she'll just be gathering info on everything you say when active so even talking around 10 isn't safe.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 3:41am
LOL I'm really glad that I'm not the only one who thought these kids have a sort of waterhead look to them. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

What bugs me about this commercial? They give the impression, that these kids won't have to change from Windows 10, ever?!?!

That's actually what Microsoft intends. They're supposedly going to start numbering like Apple with 10.1, 10.2, and so on. Doesn't change the fact that this commercial is awful, though.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

LOL I'm really glad that I'm not the only one who thought these kids have a sort of waterhead look to them. 

My wife and i BOTH get that impression from that first pasty child...I think a FORK will cause her some 'user error' from her generally overstimulated reaction to a SEESAW

the kid with face smooshed in the window-Jim Gaffigans kid? eerie resemblance

and the usual rainbow coalition with Gates saving those POOR 3rd World ETHNICs with his genius and AFFORDABLE crappy platform..so condescending
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 4:35pm
The thing I don't get about this commercial is the statement about the kids "growing up" with Windows 10. WTF? Sounds cute, but is demonstrably suspect.

A quick look at the history of Windows upgrades would lead one to believe that you'd have to grow up pretty quick, seeing as how the longest span between updated versions of Windows is barely a few years.

Your kid might be BORN with Windows 10, but will likely grow up with Windows 14. (Or whatever).

Who gives a sh!t anyway?

With any luck, Windows will go out the window and something that actually works properly will take its place.

Whatever that is, THAT'S what our kids need to be growing up with!
treos View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 5:27pm
"The thing I don't get about this commercial is the statement about the kids "growing up" with Windows 10. WTF? Sounds cute, but is demonstrably suspect."

http://tinyurl.com/nzaxgml

yeah...apparently they're planning on having they're planning on having they're spy/adware OS as the last version of windows.

http://tinyurl.com/of7c689

granted, it probably doesn't take too much to spook the hosts/owners of torrent sites, they're being paranoid probably saves them trouble in the long run. but yeah, have fun with this bit of news.

just one more reason for me to stick with W7 and stay as far from W10 as possible.
cocopuff View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocopuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 9:14pm

Yea, there's something not quite right about that first kid. I am a horrible person for thinking that but I really don't care.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 4:49am
Originally posted by treos treos wrote:

"The thing I don't get about this commercial is the statement about the
kids "growing up" with Windows 10. WTF? Sounds cute, but is
demonstrably suspect."

http://tinyurl.com/nzaxgml

yeah...apparently they're planning on having they're planning on having they're spy/adware OS as the last version of windows.

http://tinyurl.com/of7c689

granted, it probably doesn't take too much to spook the hosts/owners of torrent sites, they're being paranoid probably saves them trouble in the long run. but yeah, have fun with this bit of news.

just one more reason for me to stick with W7 and stay as far from W10 as possible.

I agree. I used Windows NT at work with no major problems. Windows 98SE was fine at home. New computer with XP was fine until Service Pack 1 or was it 2 that was more virus than update. I still use an old HP with XP SP3 to burn DVDs. It is not connected to the internet so I don't worry about lack of support. The computer I'm posting on has Windows 7 Professional and has worked fine so far.    
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
treos View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 5:37pm
more W10 news: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/79546/20150827/torrent-tracking-websites-ban-windows-10-amid-privacy-concerns.htm

^^careful if you like to torrent stuff as some trackers will now ban you just for using that OS. which, given how much info W10 gathers, IS an understandable response imo.

and then the latest scare concerns this: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/08/28/latest-windows-10-privacy-scare-revolves-around-family-accounts/ (yes, i know, it's FOX but i think they raise a point in this case.)

i can see this as a good thing to a certain extent. such as, if you're kid is checking out illegal things (more so than torrents or video game ROMs/ISOs that is >.>) or if they're search results and whatnot are showing signs of depression but do you really have to monitor every single little thing they do while online?

privacy, it IS a thing, microsoft. stop trying to infringe on/invade it so severely. i mean, remember the Care.com commercial where the dumbass says she wants to talk about internet safety then walks over, kisses the girl on the head JUST so she can see what the kid is doing, then walks off having not said a thing about safety or ANYTHING?

that commercial wasn't about anything other than invading you're kids privacy. so yeah, microsoft, let parents see some things but NOT every little detail and deny children any sort of privacy at all!

seriously, who came up with all this stuff for windows 10? cause i'd like to see the guy who came up with all this BS suffer to an extreme. Angry
videotapeguy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 5:19am
Ahem... I started a thread about this commercial a looooong time ago...
Back after three years away from here.
treos View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote treos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 5:11am
pardon my going off topic partly but i have a warning to all windows 7 & 8 users concerning windows 10: http:// www .cbc. ca/news/technology/windows-10-automatic-download-1.3229063
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 11:23am
Too many spaces in your link. Thanks for the info. I don't use Windows, but I know most others do. But thanks all the same.

Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
treos View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 8:16pm
well, i tried pasting the link in the quick reply box down here but the site kept giving me errors (i was not doing anything wrong, CIH.com!) so i went with the old "spaces in the link" method after hitting the "post reply" button to make sure it worked.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 11:54am
The latest commercial....

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

My wife and i BOTH get that impression from that first pasty child...I think a FORK will cause her some 'user error' from her generally overstimulated reaction to a SEESAW

the kid with face smooshed in the window-Jim Gaffigans kid? eerie resemblance

and the usual rainbow coalition with Gates saving those POOR 3rd World ETHNICs with his genius and AFFORDABLE crappy platform..so condescending
Thank you Tiki and i8 - I didn't dare say in in the company I was with when I saw this ad, but I found this whole concept damn creepy and the kids are all more than a little "off-kilter".  (I hate having children peddled to me, as if I am under a moral obligation to have to buy this crap to ensure that they have a happy life.)   
CapeCat
treos View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 8:28pm
"(I hate having children peddled to me, as if I am under a moral obligation to have to buy this crap to ensure that they have a happy life.)"

sorry but lol @ moral obligation

morality, like so many other terms human have come up with over time, = OPINIONS

good/bad
good/evil
right/wrong
moral/immoral

so many human made concepts based purely on opinion. example: what one sees as good or bad, another could just as easily see as the opposite. and so, such terms are nothing but opinions.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by treos treos wrote:

morality, like so many other terms human have come up with over time, = OPINIONS

good/bad
good/evil
right/wrong
moral/immoral

so many human made concepts based purely on opinion. example: what one sees as good or bad, another could just as easily see as the opposite. and so, such terms are nothing but opinions.

Is that fact?

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 9:53pm
So that makes me both confused and morally questionable because I have opinions? Holy moly!  Ermm  Don't quite see the connection...
CapeCat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic