Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xfinity - Taylor Swift

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xfinity - Taylor Swift
    Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 1:55am
I am so f**king tired of seeing this promo/ad. It streams almost endlessly on On Demand. It plays on tv constantly. I'm so sick of this song and everything Taylor Swift. Comcrap can eat a bag of dicks for this and all their other sh*tty ads.
AngryAngry Just look at these idiots crying and screaming and scratching their faces. WTF? How people get so excited and retarded about this sh*t I'll never understand. 

Here's the short version:

And for those of you who like to be tortured, here's the long version:

Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 2:10am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

I am so f**king tired of seeing this promo/ad. It streams almost endlessly on On Demand. It plays on tv constantly. I'm so sick of this song and everything Taylor Swift. Comcrap can eat a bag of dicks for this and all their other sh*tty ads.
AngryAngry Just look at these idiots crying and screaming and scratching their faces. WTF? How people get so excited and retarded about this sh*t I'll never understand. 

I can't help but know who you are talking about. She is everywhere! Much harder to ignore than the other pop "artists". Sorry. Not interested.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 2:37am
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to take a time machine and go back to 1989. WHERE THERE WAS NO TAYLOR SWIFT!

As they say crap is king.

I only liked her for a little while then I just couldn't stand her. Then when she went pop I totally lost her. I could care less now.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
videotapeguy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 3:04am
I hate Taylor Swift. There's an ad for something pertaining to her? Why doesn't she call her agent and be Swift about getting them off the air?
Back after three years away from here.
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 2:58am
What's funny about Taylor claiming to be inspired by the music of 1989 is that her music bears absolutely NO resemblance to the actual music of 1989.  What it does bear resemblance to is every other cookie cutter pop tune that Max Martin has ever come up with.  It's music that would sound no different were it coming out of the mouths of Martin's other puppets, like Katy Perry and Adam Levine.

Say what you will about Paula Abdul, New Kids on the Block, Madonna, Milli Vanilli, Debbie Gibson, even the one-hit wonders of '89 like Deon Estus and Waterfront... they were all better than T. Swift.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 3:41am
I don't like any of those people / bands, but they are much, much better than Taylor Swift. Then again, they were all played out at that time as well.

Tennis, Anyone? View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tennis, Anyone? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 3:27am
Can't stand her music. Can't stand the commercial. Can't stand her.
Tennis Nut
the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 7:28am
I don't care about Taylor Swift at all. She's not even on my radar, but hearing this commercial 20 times a day pisses me off.

The first dozen times, the song seemed mildly annoying. It was easy enough to ignore in small doses, but after what seems like ~100 times of hearing it, it's become irritating beyond words (speaking of words, the lyrics are atrocious).

The worst thing about it is the song gets drilled into your brain until the only way you can get it out is with a 12 gauge. The irritation is further compounded by the fact that I've only ever heard that one short section of the song, so when it gets stuck in my head, it's just the same annoying chorus playing over and over and over again. I want to smash this song into little bits and burn them.

Also, the people freaking out, almost in tears at the unveiling of Talyor Christ is just absurd, and more than a little bit eerie.
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 6:54pm
I get weirded out when I hear grown men say to me, "Yeah I like her music."

Seriously? It's music for teenage girls.LOL
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 7:00pm
LOL I'd think it would be worse if they said that they were a "belieber). At least Taylor Swift is cute. Her music is absolutely awful, and her fans are retarded. Oh. Wait. Nevermind. I get it. LOL

cinsays View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 7:29pm
   Taylor Swift may not be everybody's cup of tea.
   But she doesn't feel the need to have trashy lyrics or simulate sex in her videos, like most of her contemporaries are, so I'm glad she's giving young girls something to model that isn't sleazy.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 7:44pm
I will honestly give you that. She isn't trashy like most of the other "artists". I just got sick of the constant airplay of the same songs. Over and over again. Especially the Xfinity clip. Which is thankfully gone now. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by cinsays cinsays wrote:

But she doesn't feel the need to have trashy lyrics or simulate sex in her videos, like most of her contemporaries are, so I'm glad she's giving young girls something to model that isn't sleazy.

Unfortunately, that's the best that can be said about her.

I remember various friends (who were parents of adolescents at the time) liking Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus simply because they presented themselves as being wholesome.   Of course, we know how that turned out.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by cinsays cinsays wrote:

Agreed. I may not like her, but I have to respect that part about her. She's no Miley or Niki Minage or Rihanna taking topless selfies and hanging out of every stitch of clothes they wear.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 9:33am
I hate Taylor Swift, and don't even see how anyone finds her attractive. 
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 5:12pm
I raised my Granddaughters on 1950s, 60s music. They loved it! Of course if they now played it within earshot of their peers they would be social outcasts. I used to "sing" early Beach Boys songs to my Grandson when he was very little. I downloaded Animals by "Morons" 5 as it was his favorite at the time. When it ended I was to slow with repeat and Beach Boys Surfin' Safari started. He was "dancing" in his booster seat while singing along! Now he requests Beach Boys. I realize it wont last but for now it gives me a glimmer of hope.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 6:05pm
I've never thought of Taylor Swift as attractive, I avoid any radio station that might be playing her music.

I'm so out of touch with pop culture, it's funny.

When I'm force fed things like autotune or dubstep, well that's when I come here.
It's sad that everyone has their face buried in some device, I too spend a few hours a day looking at different sites. What's not to love about CIH?

I ask you here and now.  What is hip??

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 8:11pm
Ha! I love The Drew Carey Show. I used to watch it with my father when I was a teenager. Now I watch it almost every night on LAFF. Thumbs Up

the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

I get weirded out when I hear grown men say to me, "Yeah I like her music."

Seriously? It's music for teenage girls.LOL

Swift is the new Gaga. She's the female pop singer that it's "okay to like", whether you're a tween girl or a 30 year old longhair in a kutte.

Honestly, I think a lot of grown men claim to like her music just to seem more "current" and "metro". Most of them aren't likely even that into her music beyond thinking it's kind of catchy, or at least tolerable.

Then again, she's also this kind of weirdly eroticized posterchild of humble, white-bread gentility, and a lot of guys seem to be attracted to her for reasons other than her music. Fine and good, but the obsession becomes kind of creepy after a certain point. It's like a cult of personality thing for these people.

PS: I haven't seen The Drew Carey show in years, but I used to love it. Seems like it never airs on TV here anymore, or I'm just never watching at the right times. I don't get the LAFF network here as far as I know.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 7:00pm

^ Really!   If she didn't look the way she does, she'd be nobody.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 3:51am

Frankcastle006 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankcastle006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 5:22am
Thank you for granting me this outlet to finally say it. . It's never been more obvious that a "artist" had been so molded and branded on so many levels, just to make an extra buck. I swear she sold her soul to the devil to reach this level of popularity since whatever discernable talent she once had has been diluted by consumerism. The only thing I give her is that she doesn't dress like a hooker, but what she does is not the lesser evil. In all my years I've never seen a more manufactured pop idol than what Taylor Swift is and a symbol of conformity. It just burns me to know all the unknown artists out there that stay true to themselves struggle to get a record contract. Meanwhile she makes money hand over fist by soulless, vapid music. She's the McDonalds of music. World reknowned, sells a lot, but has no flavour and is cheaply put together.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 11:03am

^ And the only reason she doesn't dress like a hooker is because her music sells.   If it didn't, she'd go the hooker route.   They found an image for her, and they'll stick with it as long as it works.   By "they", I mean the machine around her that wants to ensure this product known as Taylor Swift, sells.

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 4:32am
Originally posted by Frankcastle006 Frankcastle006 wrote:

Thank you for granting me this outlet to finally say it. . It's never been more obvious that a "artist" had been so molded and branded on so many levels, just to make an extra buck. I swear she sold her soul to the devil to reach this level of popularity since whatever discernable talent she once had has been diluted by consumerism. The only thing I give her is that she doesn't dress like a hooker, but what she does is not the lesser evil. In all my years I've never seen a more manufactured pop idol than what Taylor Swift is and a symbol of conformity. It just burns me to know all the unknown artists out there that stay true to themselves struggle to get a record contract. Meanwhile she makes money hand over fist by soulless, vapid music. She's the McDonalds of music. World reknowned, sells a lot, but has no flavour and is cheaply put together.
And how.  I understand that she comes from wealth and privilege (investment banker parents) who came at this music career for their darling precious princess with all the calculation required for maximum rate of return on their bucks invested.  I just do not see anything genuine in this fox-faced, perfectly-starved automaton.  It's even more off-putting that she has no qualms at all about dissing her ex-boyfriends for song material.   Yuck.  
CapeCat
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 5:08am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

I have never understood what make people act like this, no matter who they're seeing.  I mean crying?  Really?  WTF is there to cry about?  I just don't get it.  I guess it's just brainless idolizing.

And some of the people in this commercials are adults.  Just don't get it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic