Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

horrible animation knee brace commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 9:43am
Originally posted by MrPink MrPink wrote:

least they couldve changed the names to more black sounding names......when was the last time a black girl had a name like elly? lakeisha wouldve been more realistic. 

How about names like those current drugs which sound like black baby names:

Pristique
Boveva
Lotrell
Jenuvia
Osphena
This company has tapped into diversity. I'm waiting for the Gay grandma with her old lady girlfriend/wife, how about a Hispanic one? While we are at it a religious Jewish one and even Asian but, this companie's budget for advertising is so cheap they still will have the same names, same butch sounding grandma, funny looking cat and bad animation it's kitschy.

I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 9:48am
"Codeine!  Codeine!!  Get cho' ass over here, girl!!"

Leslee64 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leslee64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 1:05pm
In my area, there is a black version and a white version. Characters sound the same, they just darken grandma and Ellie for variation in different targeted markets. So cheesy and awful. Grandma looks like she has four legs...
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Leslee64 Leslee64 wrote:

In my area, there is a black version and a white version. Characters sound the same, they just darken grandma and Ellie for variation in different targeted markets. So cheesy and awful. Grandma looks like she has four legs...
A funny thing happened to Granny Butch in both the white and black commercials. From sitting with her Cheshire kitty cat to skateboarding and making Peppermint Patty sound feminine, she lost three of those four legs or, shall we say 2.75 as the thing in the air looks like a botched amputated stump. She shouldn't have gone to that cutrate butcher instead of the MD. Catch me if you can kiddio cause sh*t happens. The PC crowd should do a kiddies book: "Ellie got Two Grandmas!" In the "urban version," they could spend some coin and rename her: Pristique, Clinique, Lotrell, Boneva, Osphena, or Farxiga!
I approve this message.
MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 3:15am
yes, the black granny looks like mrs jefferson. 
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 4:47am
Thumbs DownShockedShockedShockedShockedDeadDeadDeadDeadOuchNukeIt's about as nightmarish as the Sero-Vital dame....
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 6:41pm
That cat looks like a monkey. Actually, that would be a better pet for those freaks.
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 8:16pm
This commercial is creepy. Kind of like the mid-late 1960's version of "The Best Of CBS" opening, The Universal City 1964-71, Paramount 1968-69-1969-70 jingles were.....ShockedShockedShockedShockedSickSickSickSick
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by hillbicks hillbicks wrote:

Here is an alternate version that is supposedly playing on BET.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this for the first time today.
ShinyGreenApple View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinyGreenApple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 3:50pm
Hey, and I thought this was just a local ad. Who knew it was plaguing you all in other states, too LOL

My Mom has a bad knee that gets especially painful during cold weather. We laugh every time this comes on and grandma is scooting along on the kid's SKATEBOARD at the end. No medical miracle is going to take a dumpy senior citizen from "I can't get out of my chair" to killin' it at the skate park. 
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 5:57am
The black granny version is also airing on TruTV, and may also be airing on other cable networks...not just BET. Still kind of creepy, especially the girl.
I still most often see the white granny version - still unacceptable animation for the 21st century.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 2:17am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

The black granny version is also airing on TruTV, and may also be airing on other cable networks...not just BET. Still kind of creepy, especially the girl.
I still most often see the white granny version - still unacceptable animation for the 21st century.
I swear with those 1970's square peepers, honkey granny looks like she'd fit right in on King of the Hill. She could be Peggy's mom. I could imagine Granny Butch talking Texas turkey to Bobby. "Bobby, just realize y'all just butt fugly and a retard lemme intraduce ya to a nice little girl who is also touched with a big head and a pencil neck. And tell yer slutty ho neice LuAnn to get off her back close those legs and get to twirling in the local pageant toot suite, chop chop.

Health Hotline TV Spot, Pain-Relieving Knee or Back Brace - Screenshot 7
I approve this message.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 2:23am
Bobby, meet your future wifHealth Hotline TV Spot, Pain-Relieving Knee or Back Brace - Screenshot 1e and baby momma. She's retarded jest like you fat boy!
I approve this message.
windycitykit View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windycitykit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 5:03pm
HATE THIS AD!!!

Oh, and when was the last time you heard someone say "Kiddo"?
I am 59, and even MY grandmother didn't talk like that.
The person who made this must be under the age of 12, and the voices suck, too!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 6:30pm
I think they used the exact same audio for both videos. None of it fits! A piss poor attempt to sell a crappy product.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 8:50pm
This commercial has returned w/ a vengeance. I saw this commercial a couple nights ago on Wheel of Fortune. The animation is still as horrible as its been. The version I saw was the white grandma.

Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 11:30pm
And how come the little girl doesn't realize that granny has difficulty standing and walking?
msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 3:56am
Clutch Cargo was better than this.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by msmith msmith wrote:

Clutch Cargo was better than this.
LOLLOLLOL
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Vulcanos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcanos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 4:29pm
If I may point out the three worst types of animation, in my opinion...

3. Morphing Animation (where everything is "animated" by distorting the body parts to simulate movement) - Franny's Feet, Jim Henson's Hoobs animation segments
2. Storybook Animation (where it's just drawings where the camera focuses on parts of it as dialogue is read) - 1980s Care Bare VHS, Woof, Aesop's Fables, those Legend of the Hidden Temple stories that Olmec narrated
1.  This commerical

There's ZERO continuity!  The girl looks nothing like her grandmother, who is drawn in a different style altogether, then we are shown a storybook drawing of an elderly lady holding her knee, and then the commercial ends with grandma "skateboarding" down a 4 year old's design of a street.  It's not even bad animation, because even bad animation has some grade of contiunity within its layout; it's lazy animation.

And, they're airing it again!  It's one thing to air on those digital airwave stations that are full of malpractice lawsuit ads, but I've seen this on cable TV.
piratemonkies64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piratemonkies64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 10:47pm
Did anyone else notice that in the white version of this commercial, the grandma changes design completely? They can't even be bothered to keep up with that! Completely reflects the laziness shown here.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 11:34pm
Why would they put any time or effort into animation? That would cost more money and their main focus is probably on whatever bait and switch scam they're running behind the scenes and sucking every nickel they can get out of it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 1:05pm
This whole damn thread cracks me up!! Everything about this ad is a complete mess.
Seriously, this ad agency couldn't find an actual woman to play the part of crippled grandma?! LOL

Cranedy Pouth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 1:52pm
On YouTube, they ripped this commercial apart in the comments. LOL. One poster said,"I love how Grandma tells Elly,"Look how much fun I am having with my knee brace! Maybe you should get a knee brace too, Elly?" I hope to God that no 8 year old would need a knee brace!"

"This commercial reminds me of Clutch Cargo, and Clutch Cargo was sh-t animation. "

"I don't know what's creepier. The girl's eyes or Grandma's computerized lips."
Using nuclear weapons on problem people is not the answer, you psychopath!

Also, Keith Richards is a damn cockroach outliving everybody! LOL
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 1:21am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

This whole damn thread cracks me up!! Everything about this ad is a complete mess.
Seriously, this ad agency couldn't find an actual woman to play the part of crippled grandma?! LOL

LOL that animated gif says it all!! The damn POS looks like it was animated in PowerPoint! I've used PowerPoint! This is crappy animation at its worst!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic