Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

horrible animation knee brace commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: horrible animation knee brace commercial
    Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 6:16pm
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 6:47pm
Well said, Mr. Pink.
I've been seeing this stupid commercial about a cane that helps old people get out of their cars, I couldn't find it. Big smile

So I'll share this one....Shocked

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 7:16pm
OMG!

That is some cheapass animation! This makes early South Park look like a masterpiece!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Calvin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 7:43pm
This crap is horrible. The mouths look reminiscent of the 60's Syncro vox. Unacceptable in 2015.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 9:05pm
I couldn't find the video a couple of weeks ago, but I hate it. They spent about $2.50 on this commercial, and the animation is absolutely horrible. Yes, it looks like a cheap 1970s or 1980s cartoon. YUCK.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 10:56pm
I wouldn't even call it "animation." It reminds me of one of those semi-animated "storybook" videos for kids, like the Care Bears one I had when I was little.  And the character design for the girl and the way she is animated reminds me of a bad imitation of anime.
A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 9:54am
This is like an 8th grade project that the kid got a D+ on. Probably cost $15 for the "animaton" and the rest was all public domain stock footage.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 12:36am
The computer I'm using doesn't show the videos. Is this the commercial I'm thinking about? The one where the el cheapo animated characters sound like W. Trash right off of the Jerry Springer show? The old gal sounds like a deisel Lesbian that smoked too many ciggies, ate too much possum and sounds like she hails from Camel Toe, Missisippi. And her grandaughter looks like one of those Central casting ideas of a retarded girl. Even the kitty looks weird. That puss better be quick on it's reflexes as the locals may have wet dreams of a feline feast or shacking up with it. When this commercial airs or when catching it on You Tube mute the sound and play "Dirty Deeds Done With Sheep." The perfect music for this slice of WT Americana.
I approve this message.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 2:17am
YES! I was going to post this. Why does Grandma sound like a man? The first time I saw this, I thought the Grandma was a wolf like the fairytale. I hate this commercial so much!
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 2:24am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Well said, Mr. Pink.
I've been seeing this stupid commercial about a cane that helps old people get out of their cars, I couldn't find it. Big smile

So I'll share this one....Shocked

Ok, I was waiting for someone else to comment on this one but I guess I'll just ask. Is this handle bent backwards? I mean if it's to wipe, wouldn't the toilet seat be right in the way? How does this thing work? Oh. And the "heavy" guy talking about wiping? Probably could have done without that. Dead
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 2:26am
The grandma's voice reminds of Herbert the Pervert's voice from Family Guy. It even has that "hiss" sound to it. Hard to explain.
Calvin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 2:36am
Yes, I also got the "Big bad Wolf" vibe from this commercial.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 2:50am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

The grandma's voice reminds of that old pedo guy's voice from Family Guy. It even has that "hiss" sound to it. Hard to explain.

LOL  Does this help?

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 3:05am
I call it a whistle-lisp.

I can do the tony and pitch of voice perfectly, but I can't do that whistle.

Carol Channing used a similar technique in her "Cecilia Simmons" sketch.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 3:20am
As long as you do the ^"tony"^, I can do the whisssttle... Wink

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 3:55am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

As long as you do the ^"tony"^, I can do the whisssttle... Wink

LOL I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 3:57am
Well, I normally do the Emmy, but mine's in storage. :P
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 5:21am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

The grandma's voice reminds of that old pedo guy's voice from Family Guy. It even has that "hiss" sound to it. Hard to explain.

LOL  Does this help?

Yep that's the guy! I swear the voices for the Herbert The Pervert and Mrs. Crappy Animated Granma™ are almost interchangable!
videotapeguy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 4:39pm
How cheesy and stuuuuupid!

"Grandma, can I mute the TV?"
"Why?"
"Because we're on again."
videotapeguy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 11:44pm
I heard this commercial in audio form ON THE RADIO on August 11. Good grief.
Back after three years away from here.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 6:59pm
The original video, from the OP, has just now made it's way to the still green upper mid-west.

This is the biggest piece of cheeseball sh*t I have ever seen. Ever!  AngryAngry
stan319 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 1:00am
I guess they don't have to sell to many of those stupid knee braces to pay for this piece of s***.
It will be the tax payers who pay for it anyway.
A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 6:45pm
It plays constantly during the day, over and over again... 
all the ideas they come up with, and that is their finished project that they force us to watch?
I does look like stock footage. horrible.
hillbicks View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 12:43am
Here is an alternate version that is supposedly playing on BET.

MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 2:41am
least they couldve changed the names to more black sounding names......when was the last time a black girl had a name like elly? lakeisha wouldve been more realistic. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic